World Trade Centers

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

how about this:

build the thing exactly like it was originally and house the UN in there. The existing building is a mess anyway- they need new space.

Floor assignments are based on our assesment of how much that country harbors or sponsers people we don't like. Iran & Syria get the top floors, then N. Korea, etc....
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Another off the beaten path question....why not have missile launchers embedded in the roof of the WTC or in the side of the towers?

E
In response to 9/11, the army has set up a missile defense system along the entire east coast. from maine to florida. it's designed specifically to shoot down commercial airliners that have been hijacked. at least that's what the army dude that was sitting next to me on my flight to utah last month told me.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I dunno..but people bowing down to the terrorists just like they want you to just angers me

E
If you were unlucky enough to either be inside or witness the destruction of those buildings lke many of us were - you may be singing a different tune right now..

Bumper stickers saying crap about terrorists not winning are one thing...
Having to live with the day to day reality of that event is something completely different....

I STILL know people that are messed up from that day..
You're right that my view is MUCH different from yours...I didn't know anyone and I wasn't actually there. However, I just don't want to live my life everytime I go in a skyscrapper worrying about some crazy terrorists....you all saw what happend with those planes...i guess some of you will never fly again? I don't know...I know I can't possibly understand what some of you have went through but I don't think I could blow off ever going in another tall building and never flying again...i couldn't do it
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Another off the beaten path question....why not have missile launchers embedded in the roof of the WTC or in the side of the towers?

E
In response to 9/11, the army has set up a missile defense system along the entire east coast. from maine to florida. it's designed specifically to shoot down commercial airliners that have been hijacked. at least that's what the army dude that was sitting next to me on my flight to utah last month told me.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I dunno..but people bowing down to the terrorists just like they want you to just angers me

E
If you were unlucky enough to either be inside or witness the destruction of those buildings lke many of us were - you may be singing a different tune right now..

Bumper stickers saying crap about terrorists not winning are one thing...
Having to live with the day to day reality of that event is something completely different....

I STILL know people that are messed up from that day..
You're right that my view is MUCH different from yours...I didn't know anyone and I wasn't actually there. However, I just don't want to live my life everytime I go in a skyscrapper worrying about some crazy terrorists....you all saw what happend with those planes...i guess some of you will never fly again? I don't know...I know I can't possibly understand what some of you have went through but I don't think I could blow off ever going in another tall building and never flying again...i couldn't do it
That place is a target. it was in '93 (failed intended result) and again in '01.

Its reasonable to assume that if you build it back up it'll be attacked again. We're not talking about ANY skyscraper- we're talking about that particular one.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
ski_adk wrote:Latest news on Yahoo! is that Trump's proposal has been vehemently shot down by the ruling committee.

Either way, the gumption that we should send a big FU to the terrorists in the form of another giant tower in NY is nothing more than an invitation for another attack.

Nearly 4 years after the horrible destruction of the twin towers, it seems as though common sense is starting to sink in; humble safety is better than proud arrogance. What is so prestigious about working in a landmark -- especially one that dares those who hate us to attack us again?

It's very interesting that support for rebuilding on the site is finally generating conversation and debate as to what really happened back in 2001, and how we should move on from it.
don't go outside
don't go to the mall
no more skyscapers
don't visit DC
don't go inside the pentagon
don't go to oklahoma city
forget going to the olympics

we can't do the above because of these terrorists...I for one am not going to let them stop me from doing as I please...I'm amazed that some of you will let them dictate our architecture, tourism, airlines, freedom.

Yes, airline security needs some major work...Yes, we need to better defend our country....but bowing down to the terrorists and making all our buildings 60 stories or lower is just ridiculous in my point of view.

I went to the Empire State Building....80+ floors up. Not once did I think I was in danger, not once did I think...boy this building is too high..gotta watch out for terrorists...

I dunno..but people bowing down to the terrorists just like they want you to just angers me

E
just visiting and working there every day is a bit different...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

HelmetCam wrote:We're not talking about ANY skyscraper- we're talking about that particular one.
The center of the western finacial world... Everything that they hate about us was in those buildings...
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

People from Philly who don't know what the f*** they are talking about anger me.

Did you hear the crumble? Did you feel the ground shake? Did you see the cloud of smoke and dust rolling down the street at you? Did you walk home that day with thousands of people covered in the dust that used to be a skyscraper? That was real, horrible sh*t.

Being prudent has nothing to do with giving up your freedom. Just like visiting the ESB has nothing to do with going to work every day on the 100th floor of an office tower. You're talking 1 hour versus 2000!

I really don't fell like I'm giving in all that much by working in a building that is a little more difficult to crash a plane into. It's not about not flying or not going into buildings. It's about making development choices that take into account the reality in which we live.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

DMC wrote:
HelmetCam wrote:We're not talking about ANY skyscraper- we're talking about that particular one.
The center of the western finacial world... Everything that they hate about us was in those buildings...
I don't think it was so much about what was inside.... more like the audacity of them. Their size, their look, their name. The mess it would make. The body count it would produce.

The NY stock exchange just a few blocks away is a bigger symbol of the western financial world.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

HelmetCam wrote:
DMC wrote:
I don't think it was so much about what was inside.... more like the audacity of them. Their size, their look, their name. The mess it would make. The body count it would produce.

The NY stock exchange just a few blocks away is a bigger symbol of the western financial world.
True ... but it did represent the world working together...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

I guess the question would be...why wouldn't this new tower be a target? (Freedom tower)
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I guess the question would be...why wouldn't this new tower be a target? (Freedom tower)
the office space doesnt go that high up...

Read the paper....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I guess the question would be...why wouldn't this new tower be a target? (Freedom tower)

Read the paper....
C'mon...I know the office doesn't go that high lol

The first attack targeted the parking garage....the lower floors.

So why wouldn't the Freedom Tower still be a target?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

Read the paper....

Read the paper...
Jodi
Black Carver

Post by Jodi »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

Read the paper....

Because dougie said so, that's why!!
Abraham and Isaac
sitting on a fence
You'd get right to work
if you had any sense
Y'know the one thing we need
is a left-hand monkey wrench