TT 2

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Lets say Don's REINFORCED twin towers 2 idea was built. Would you work there?

No Way
27%
Sure
62%
Only on the lower floors
12%

Total votes: 26

Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Not shockingly...I said Yes.

I guess none of you would work at any other major skyscrapper in the US..nor use the subways of any major city...or drive across any major bridges...much less ever visit DC again? Keeping in mind, all those mention are known places that terrorists would target
all government propaganda to keep you thinking about terrorists...

they could take out a few people here and there every day of the week if they wanted to..Mickey Dee's, banks, police stations, whatever.....why would they go smaller than the wtc? Unless they get desperate?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote: Whatever... The WTC was a target - everyone knew it...
I know...and my point is....people STILL worked there...just like the subway is a target and people use it....pentagon is a target and people use it....

That being said...if the TT2 is built...why not use it
Yor totally not understanding my point that it was ALREADY a target and will continue to be a target...

Why would you want to work somewhere people want to blow up?
I'm not sure...don't take this the wrong way...but ask the millions of people who use/live/work in the targets that have been suspect in the last 4 years.
Nobody works at the "Ground Zero" except construction workers...

My brother still does a lot of work in the Pentagon but he's not afraid cause they will shoot dow anything that comes too close... And they have bomb shelters there

My friend Susan is a Flight Attendent and she's not afraid anymore cause of tighter security to get near the cockpit...
Cockpit...now does that mean poon? I mean think about it, cock pit. Now tighter security at the cockpit, does that mean she wears a chastity belt when she flies?
ImageImageImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote: Whatever... The WTC was a target - everyone knew it...
I know...and my point is....people STILL worked there...just like the subway is a target and people use it....pentagon is a target and people use it....

Yor totally not understanding my point that it was ALREADY a target and will continue to be a target...

I'm not sure...don't take this the wrong way...but ask the millions of people who use/live/work in the targets that have been suspect in the last 4 years.

My brother still does a lot of work in the Pentagon but he's not afraid cause they will shoot dow anything that comes too close... And they have bomb shelters there

My friend Susan is a Flight Attendent and she's not afraid anymore cause of tighter security to get near the cockpit...
Just for conversational purposes....what could we do to make a TT2 more secure?

E
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: I know...and my point is....people STILL worked there...just like the subway is a target and people use it....pentagon is a target and people use it....

Just for conversational purposes....what could we do to make a TT2 more secure?

E
Didnt we already cover this? Lasers, missiles, forcefields, drone aircraft...

:wink:
ImageImageImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Stormchaser wrote:

I meant...on a serious note. :lol:

E
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

I meant...on a serious note. :lol:

E
Make it so you cant drive a truck up ...
Make easier exits - so people can get out.
Better emergency lighting...
Repeaters for the rescue personal...
Insulate the beams better...
More security...
Keep it off the street...

I could go on...
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

SkiDork wrote:lower floors only for me...
What floor were you on, Dork?

Lot of people felt like this that day: Image
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I guess none of you would work at any other major skyscrapper in the US..nor use the subways of any major city...or drive across any major bridges...much less ever visit DC again? Keeping in mind, all those mention are known places that terrorists would target
Dude I work in one of the office buildings in Times Square which is another area well publicized around the world. I bet that could be one of the targets too. You have no right to make that kind of statement about people who experienced that day up close and personal. Some of us are more courageous than others. I, like my husband, would probably only work on the lower floors of a new WTC. I currently work on one of the lower floors of my office building and that suits me just fine.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:

all government propaganda to keep you thinking about terrorists...

they could take out a few people here and there every day of the week if they wanted to..Mickey Dee's, banks, police stations, whatever.....why would they go smaller than the wtc? Unless they get desperate?
on that note, how come no one ever explained in ANY detail what was up with all the put options placed on AA UA and some of the companies in the wtc right before the tragedy? none of that money was ever claimed from everything i have been able to find on the subject.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

My answer is squewed as it wouldn't matter how big or small it was. I refuse to work in a large city (unless my boss threatens me with termination).
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

KBL Ed wrote:
SkiDork wrote:lower floors only for me...
What floor were you on, Dork?

Lot of people felt like this that day: Image
He was on the 58th Floor of the South Tower - the one that fell first because the plane went in lower than in the other tower.
skatecow45
Blue Chatterbox

Post by skatecow45 »

sure
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

tyrolean_skier wrote:

Dude I work in one of the office buildings in Times Square which is another area well publicized around the world. I bet that could be one of the targets too. You have no right to make that kind of statement about people who experienced that day up close and personal. Some of us are more courageous than others. I, like my husband, would probably only work on the lower floors of a new WTC. I currently work on one of the lower floors of my office building and that suits me just fine.
These statements are directed at the comment that no one would work in a target. Every city and the whole US is a target...as is many other buildings in the US....even the Times Square area is a target. My point is, just because it's a target doesn't mean people won't work there. Case and point, you work in Times Square even though it's a known target. Which would confirm my point that just because WTC was a known target...people would still work there. The poll on this page speaks for itself.....I don't think I'm off base here.

As stated in this thread or the other...I respect your opinions and I respect what everyone went through on the day. It is not my intention to act like I know how you felt or make any less of that day or your experience. I'm just showing you that it doesn't matter if the WTC is 60 stories with glass on top...or 110 stories. It's still going to be a target, people will still work there...and like DMC said....security and building structure need to be highly improved before either "target" is rebuilt.

Here are polls showing that many more people than we all like to think are in favor of WTC2:
http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31861
http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showt ... 269&page=2

Interesting article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7322400/

Interesting talk in this forum:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... a&t=213870

Interesting talk about security concerns w/ Freedom T. and WTC2
http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/m ... 091455.asp

E
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

just saw this thread.

live and work at ground zero now. (yeah, within 2 block radius I consider ground zero)

lived and worked here on 9-11.

will live and work here till i die and/or get fired.

f*ck the terrorists and f*ck D*nald Tr*mp.

I've stayed and I'm stayin.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

definitely, the possibility of that (planes) happening again are slim to none.

and if a nuke is detinated in NYC it won't matter what floor you are on.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......