AOC

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

AOC

Post by madhatter »

I think this dingbat needs her own thread now

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/10961174 ... lan-ny-hq2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Verified account

@AOC
Follow Follow @AOC

Anything is possible: today was the day a group of dedicated, everyday New Yorkers & their neighbors defeated Amazon’s corporate greed, its worker exploitation, and the power of the richest man in the world.

J. David Goodman
Verified account

@jdavidgoodman
AMAZON CANCELS PLAN TO COME TO NEW YORK

"After much thought and deliberation, we’ve decided not to move forward with our plans to build a headquarters for Amazon in Long Island City, Queens" - Amazon spokeswoman Jodi Seth
10:42 AM - 14 Feb 2019
good job there donkey-bitch...I'm sure she has plenty more great ideas in store...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: AOC

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

She's really something else ... comments in most these articles talk about how the gov't should use all the incentives they were planning to give Amazon for infrastructure now. I guess they don't realize the incentives weren't free money?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:She's really something else ... comments in most these articles talk about how the gov't should use all the incentives they were planning to give Amazon for infrastructure now. I guess they don't realize the incentives weren't free money?
all gov money is free....and in endless supply, unless of course trump wants it for border security.... :roll:

AOC we are going to pay for the GND by taxing billionaires'''

also AOC billionaires have no reason to exist...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

I'll tell you what, she was right about not giving Amazon all those subsidies. Corporate welfare is not ok.

But yeah a lot of the other stuff she's saying is laughable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Its a shame they scared amazon away, yes they didnt need/deserve some of the breaks they were getting but overall it was a big win for NYC and NYS. This AOC chick is crazy thinking amazon coming was a bad thing. They knew it wasn't and just need to bitch about stuff, Amazon called their bluff.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

All these Congressmen/women slamming Amazon for paying no federal taxes the last two years ... at the same time excusing themselves for not doing anything about it.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Nonetheless, there is something deeply troubling about a company that made $5.6 billion paying zero federal taxes. I mean WTF. All the bums in office should be thrown out for doing nothing about this sort of thing.

It's what I've been saying for a while now. We're so busy fighting about Democrats versus Republicans that we're not seeing how the mega wealthy are raping the system because they're in bed with both sides.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:Nonetheless, there is something deeply troubling about a company that made $5.6 billion paying zero federal taxes. I mean WTF. All the bums in office should be thrown out for doing nothing about this sort of thing.

It's what I've been saying for a while now. We're so busy fighting about Democrats versus Republicans that we're not seeing how the mega wealthy are raping the system because they're in bed with both sides.
you always want to lay claim to money that doesn't belong to you...here's another revelation for you...CONSUMERS pay corporate taxes as they are passed on to them...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Got to love this lady...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... tropes.amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, I had to go look up "trope" as I haven't heard the word used in years. Best definition I saw came from Urban Dictionary:

"An overused, nearly meaningless word worn out by pretentious twits, much like paradigm." :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

I'm more than comfortable with the knowledge..that I'm a fairly intelligent , articulate fella. All around. Also?...voted MOST LIKELY....to be the one who summarily kicks someone right in the giggleberries...for even CONSIDERING using the term " paradigm".
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:I'm more than comfortable with the knowledge..that I'm a fairly intelligent , articulate fella. All around. Also?...voted MOST LIKELY....to be the one who summarily kicks someone right in the giggleberries...for even CONSIDERING using the term " paradigm".
So you're saying that NOT kicking someone for use of the word would be a paradigm shift?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Are the dems using Tropes as "gravitas"? Seems every contact, mostly democrats, have some use of this "new" word, "tropes.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

AOC ought to just shut up once in a while.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/n ... mp-remarks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:She's really something else ... comments in most these articles talk about how the gov't should use all the incentives they were planning to give Amazon for infrastructure now. I guess they don't realize the incentives weren't free money?
She's huge lightweight with zero experience. Got an undergraduate liberal arts degree and couldn't find a real job, so she was working as a bartender until she was recruited by a PAC to run to the left of the incumbent in a progressive district populated by morons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandri ... rly_career" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters