AOC

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Re: AOC

Post by ANGUS »

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I'm fine with the use of God in the pledge. I'm fine with people being able to choose schools. I'm ok with people being different. I eat beef. Hate the left. It's a free country. " Stop the steal! " "Take America back"
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

asher2789 wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 12:44
Bubba wrote: Dec 11th, '20, 17:31
asher2789 wrote: Dec 10th, '20, 19:19 you don't want to "normalize" homosexuality yet you pretend that you're an enlightened non-homophobe.

I really can't with you. you ignore the content of my message and focus on the fact that i curse. pearl clutching, much? and yeah, i hate boomers. they are selfish people who wrecked the economy and the earth for the following generations, particularly mine and those following mine, with their insatiable greed. and now with COVID they wont even wear a f*** mask to save themselves so yet again its my generation and the ones following mine bearing the economic and social brunt of this. and voting should be convenient and we should have full participation of those eligible to vote. to curtail that means there IS something f*** wrong with you and that you're a fake patriot.

just like youre a fake christian. oh so "polite" but homosexuals are bad people if they're in homosexual relationships. despicable and deplorable.
So far, you hate those you perceive as homophobes, "breeders" and boomers and you express anger pretty constantly in your posts. Some of your anger is clearly justifiable based upon what you say is your life experience. I can't argue with that nor would I try. Your hatred of boomers, however, is pretty much misplaced and ill thought out. In fact, your generalization of boomers is ignorant, to say the least.

It's in large part because of the baby boom generation that you, as a gay person, can live openly as you do and marry the partner of your choice. Each generation passes on a changed world to its progeny. No generation is perfect, nor does it leave a perfect world (or anything close to it) in its wake. The so-called "greatest generation" of the Great Depression and World War II won the war against Fascism, set up the means to resist Soviet domination of Europe, yet led us into an ill conceived war in Vietnam and left racist policies in place in this country even as they moved us ahead toward the end of Jim Crow laws. It was the baby boom generation that continued that fight for equal rights for minorities, women, gays and others. So, please stop assigning blame for one generation not leaving the next a perfect or near perfect legacy. A time will come when your generation is passing into history and younger generations will look back at yours, and it probably won't be a fond remembrance.

As for your anger, we all have things to be angry about and we all have to deal with negative things that happened to us in our past. Yours may be more extreme but most of us find a way to deal with it, some with professional assistance. Just a thought.
boomers wrecked the economy with their selfish greed, that is well established fact at this point. every single piece of research about generational economic standing points to this loud and clear - that boomers are surprised that following generations are unkind to them is hilarious. they have hurt feelings and we are saddled with debt, wages have been stagnant since the 1970s despite massive increases in productivity, wealth inequality is the greatest its been in the modern era since theyve been keeping track, younger generations can't afford to buy housing thus being a permanent exploited renter class and have to work multiple jobs just to put food on the table. add insult to injury and boomers tell us they put themselves through college on minimum wage, why can't we?! or get a good job - when everything is contract, temp, part time, no benefits, per diem, etc. pick yourself up by your own bootstraps is the boomer motto yet they're the most subsidized and pampered generation in history. it wouldn't be nearly half as bad if they at least had the decency not to gaslight generations that came after them. if it's not the boomers fault - who are far more over represented in politics than any other demographic - who's is it? millennials/gen z who couldn't vote nor be elected to office when the decisions that affected their generation were made? let's blame them, that's a common solution! everything is the fault of whiny liberal millennial/gen z snowflakes and their need for safe spaces! /s

the anger is righteous and growing by the day and i'm sorry you're made uncomfortable by it.

boomers were the largest generation to vote for the politics of racial dog whistling, anti-progressive causes and were the largest group of trump voters. ironic it is their parents who fought the fascism they are now home brewing in this country with their allergy to actual facts and reason rather than their proclivity for a fact free universe full of fear of the "other". they voted for a tyrant and his braindead party who are now 60 lawsuits and counting in their baseless and seditious overthrow of american democracy. the contempt i have for people (read: largely boomers) who support this anti-american madness can't even be put into words.

that there were a few good boomers who fought for civil rights does not even remotely counter the "silent majority" of mostly boomers STILL trying to subvert those rights.

2016 voters (trump carried 51% of voters 50-64 and 53% over 65):
https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... ed-voters/

2020 voters (trump carried 50% of voters 45-64 and 52% over 65):
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ident.html

i'm not buying the theory that boomers are unfairly misaligned. they aren't.
You're starting to strike me as a pretty angry person filled with resentments. It's kind of hard to go through life that way but have at it. BTW, the word is maligned. The only things seemingly misaligned are my knees these days. :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

AOC is a lying fraud. Fact!!
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

ANGUS wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 16:30 I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I'm fine with the use of God in the pledge. I'm fine with people being able to choose schools. I'm ok with people being different. I eat beef. Hate the left. It's a free country. " Stop the steal! " "Take America back"
It’s not a battle I’d put much effort into but the “under god” should be taken out of the pledge at schools. Or drop the whole routine of reading it every morning at all.
Don't Killington Pico
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

ANGUS wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 16:30 I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Little surprise you're a Stop the Steal Trump cultist

Good luck with that
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

deadheadskier wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 22:30

Little surprise you're a Stop the Steal Trump cultist

Good luck with that
I'm a patriot. When you have no toilet paper or food? Don't ask. I don't share with the left. But I will respect your opinion. You have a right to it. :like
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

who's god anyway?
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

All generalizations are false; including this one.
asher2789 wrote: Dec 10th, '20, 19:19 you don't want to "normalize" homosexuality yet you pretend that you're an enlightened non-homophobe.

I really can't with you. you ignore the content of my message and focus on the fact that i curse. pearl clutching, much? and yeah, i hate boomers. they are selfish people who wrecked the economy and the earth for the following generations, particularly mine and those following mine, with their insatiable greed. and now with COVID they wont even wear a f*** mask to save themselves so yet again its my generation and the ones following mine bearing the economic and social brunt of this. and voting should be convenient and we should have full participation of those eligible to vote. to curtail that means there IS something f*** wrong with you and that you're a fake patriot.

just like youre a fake christian. oh so "polite" but homosexuals are bad people if they're in homosexual relationships. despicable and deplorable.
So far, you hate those you perceive as homophobes, "breeders" and boomers and you express anger pretty constantly in your posts. Some of your anger is clearly justifiable based upon what you say is your life experience. I can't argue with that nor would I try. Your hatred of boomers, however, is pretty much misplaced and ill thought out. In fact, your generalization of boomers is ignorant, to say the least.

It's in large part because of the baby boom generation that you, as a gay person, can live openly as you do and marry the partner of your choice. Each generation passes on a changed world to its progeny. No generation is perfect, nor does it leave a perfect world (or anything close to it) in its wake. The so-called "greatest generation" of the Great Depression and World War II won the war against Fascism, set up the means to resist Soviet domination of Europe, yet led us into an ill conceived war in Vietnam and left racist policies in place in this country even as they moved us ahead toward the end of Jim Crow laws. It was the baby boom generation that continued that fight for equal rights for minorities, women, gays and others. So, please stop assigning blame for one generation not leaving the next a perfect or near perfect legacy. A time will come when your generation is passing into history and younger generations will look back at yours, and it probably won't be a fond remembrance.

As for your anger, we all have things to be angry about and we all have to deal with negative things that happened to us in our past. Yours may be more extreme but most of us find a way to deal with it, some with professional assistance. Just a thought.
boomers wrecked the economy with their selfish greed, that is well established fact at this point. every single piece of research about generational economic standing points to this loud and clear - that boomers are surprised that following generations are unkind to them is hilarious. they have hurt feelings and we are saddled with debt, wages have been stagnant since the 1970s despite massive increases in productivity, wealth inequality is the greatest its been in the modern era since theyve been keeping track, younger generations can't afford to buy housing thus being a permanent exploited renter class and have to work multiple jobs just to put food on the table. add insult to injury and boomers tell us they put themselves through college on minimum wage, why can't we?! or get a good job - when everything is contract, temp, part time, no benefits, per diem, etc. pick yourself up by your own bootstraps is the boomer motto yet they're the most subsidized and pampered generation in history. it wouldn't be nearly half as bad if they at least had the decency not to gaslight generations that came after them. if it's not the boomers fault - who are far more over represented in politics than any other demographic - who's is it? millennials/gen z who couldn't vote nor be elected to office when the decisions that affected their generation were made? let's blame them, that's a common solution! everything is the fault of whiny liberal millennial/gen z snowflakes and their need for safe spaces! /s

the anger is righteous and growing by the day and i'm sorry you're made uncomfortable by it.

boomers were the largest generation to vote for the politics of racial dog whistling, anti-progressive causes and were the largest group of trump voters. ironic it is their parents who fought the fascism they are now home brewing in this country with their allergy to actual facts and reason rather than their proclivity for a fact free universe full of fear of the "other". they voted for a tyrant and his braindead party who are now 60 lawsuits and counting in their baseless and seditious overthrow of american democracy. the contempt i have for people (read: largely boomers) who support this anti-american madness can't even be put into words.

that there were a few good boomers who fought for civil rights does not even remotely counter the "silent majority" of mostly boomers STILL trying to subvert those rights.

ImageImageImageImage
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Stormchaser wrote: Dec 14th, '20, 15:42 All generalizations are false; including this one.

the numbers don't lie regarding who votes for what party and what that party represents. again, if the boomers don't like it and their feelings are hurt, too bad. pick your precious little feelings up with your bootstraps why don't you.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

asher2789 wrote: Dec 15th, '20, 14:53

the numbers don't lie regarding who votes for what party and what that party represents. again, if the boomers don't like it and their feelings are hurt, too bad. pick your precious little feelings up with your bootstraps why don't you.
In fairness, I don't think you can point to who boomers voted for as evidence that their goal is to subvert LGBTQ rights. Some surely do, but many (if not most) people are not single issue voters.
Don't Killington Pico
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

boston_e wrote: Dec 15th, '20, 17:04
asher2789 wrote: Dec 15th, '20, 14:53

In fairness, I don't think you can point to who boomers voted for as evidence that their goal is to subvert LGBTQ rights. Some surely do, but many (if not most) people are not single issue voters.
they're certainly fine with LGBTQ rights being collateral damage so they can own the libs and maaaaaybe get a puny little tax cut because theyre temporarily embarrassed billionaires who have been brainwashed to think they're more likely to be wealthy than to be on foodstamps.

just like supporting trump is the same as supporting racism.* if you're not against it, you're condoning it. if you support trump and the republican party's thirst for authoritarianism and proclivity to fascism, you support fascism.*

*the neoliberal wing of the democrat party is also overwhelmingly racist and fascist-lite, but with rainbows and empty words promoting inclusivity!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

asher2789 wrote: Dec 16th, '20, 11:42
they're certainly fine with LGBTQ rights being collateral damage so they can own the libs and maaaaaybe get a puny little tax cut because theyre temporarily embarrassed billionaires who have been brainwashed to think they're more likely to be wealthy than to be on foodstamps.

Seriously, slightly over 50% of people in a certain age bracket or brackets (which includes more than just baby boomers) voted for Trump and you take that to generalize about the whole population of boomers, not only in recent years but going back to the 1960s and 1970s? And you then attack those same millions of people as "temporarily embarrassed billionaires" as if there are that many billionaires to begin with? Do you realize how little sense you're making? Maybe stow some of your anger and resentment and do some rational analysis instead.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Bubba wrote: Dec 16th, '20, 11:56
asher2789 wrote: Dec 16th, '20, 11:42

Seriously, slightly over 50% of people in a certain age bracket or brackets (which includes more than just baby boomers) voted for Trump and you take that to generalize about the whole population of boomers, not only in recent years but going back to the 1960s and 1970s? And you then attack those same millions of people as "temporarily embarrassed billionaires" as if there are that many billionaires to begin with? Do you realize how little sense you're making? Maybe stow some of your anger and resentment and do some rational analysis instead.
they vote as if they're more likely to be a billionaire than on food stamps (you prove my point - they aren't wealthy. they're brainwashed. they think their interests align with the extremely wealthy). MORE than half of the population decided that they're ok with throwing LGBTQ people and minorities under the bus so the 1% that they wish they were can get more tax cuts.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Pretty funny regardless of it you like AOCs politics or not.
EBA5F1DA-9F71-47AF-A2EA-CBB422139A56.jpeg
EBA5F1DA-9F71-47AF-A2EA-CBB422139A56.jpeg (79.11 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

MTG is apparently a real piece of work, tweeting support for QAnon conspiracy theories surrounding Trump's election defeat. I'm no AOC fan but MTG makes AOC look rational.