Tomorrow night drive

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Jim
Slalom Racer

Tomorrow night drive

Post by Jim »

Coming from Stamford CT...Taconic or 91 with the snow? I’ll be heading to Manchester but figured I’d ask here.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: Tomorrow night drive

Post by hillbangin »

Jim wrote:Coming from Stamford CT...Taconic or 91 with the snow? I’ll be heading to Manchester but figured I’d ask here.
You are south of the wall. Doesn't matter

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Jim wrote:Coming from Stamford CT...Taconic or 91 with the snow? I’ll be heading to Manchester but figured I’d ask here.
Leaving from Stamford as well at noon, so going 91. Time of day is key, but flip a coin on conditions either way.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

hillbangin wrote:
You are south of the wall. Doesn't matter

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The valleys aren't suppose to see much, you should be fine. The drive up and over from Manchester to Londonderry and then up and over from Weston to Ludlow is supposed to be a different story and may still be difficult Saturday morning if you are going that way.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

The drive is going to be hopelessly annoying for those leaving even mid day from down south! A shight show of morons with bald summer tires who have no idea how to drive in the snow. At least most people seem to have AWD these days so that sort of helps. The good news is the r*in snow line will be far up north. Many accidents are inevitable possibly even completely blocking certain routes and you will be stuck behind many people who are driving 30mph which will make the drive take very very long unless you are willing to pass in no passing zones and take risk. I can leave early am and I still plan to take the back route to killington to avoid the traffic and inevitable bad snow drivers with poor gear. Could be the last rodeo!
Jim
Slalom Racer

Post by Jim »

Thanks....I didn’t realize the snow line was further north. Thought it would be bad in mass/ny.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Put your big boy panties on. What? Are you new to NE driving in the winter?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

This snowstorm is very elevation dependent, I would not expect a problem during the day on Friday until around 2000' or so, lower than that will be r*in. Friday night that drops down to about 1500'.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

GSKI wrote:The drive is going to be hopelessly annoying for those leaving even mid day from down south! A shight show of morons with bald summer tires who have no idea how to drive in the snow. At least most people seem to have AWD these days so that sort of helps. The good news is the r*in snow line will be far up north. Many accidents are inevitable possibly even completely blocking certain routes and you will be stuck behind many people who are driving 30mph which will make the drive take very very long unless you are willing to pass in no passing zones and take risk. I can leave early am and I still plan to take the back route to killington to avoid the traffic and inevitable bad snow drivers with poor gear. Could be the last rodeo!

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

Just drove up from central Connecticut. At 11am roads are just wet through Ludlow. Route 100, 4 and access road a mess. Had to go around cars that couldn’t get up access road. Snowing hard at Pinnacle. About 5 inches heavy snow at noon.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

All roads are closed and impassable. Stay home, be safe.
ImageImageImageImage
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Stormchaser wrote:All roads are closed and impassable. Stay home, be safe.

No friends on a powder day, eh??
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Big Bob wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:All roads are closed and impassable. Stay home, be safe.

No friends on a powder day, eh??
safety first...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

From SE Connecticut: moderate r*in in the AM with a few downpours. Temp went from 38 down to 34. Around lunch it began to snow, big flakes and not really heavy. Changed back to r*in with heavier storm. Now, Temp back up to 38 and things drying out. If the storm is similar getting to Manchester expect r*in changing to snow depending upon the terrain and elevation. Use caution on the hills.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Coming up 91 was mostly dry, didn't see any snow until Chester. Was puking on 100 after Ludlow. Drive wasn't bad at all.