U.S. Stock Market

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

U.S. Stock Market

Post by freeski »

Okay, her we go...

- China is "thinking" about dumping bitcoin. In The U.S. there are exchanges which allow you to short.

- A lot of confussion regarding the Fed meeting. Has it been politicized? What is core inflation? At any rate, earnings are down, especially in emerging markets, in Europe. Herman Cain is clearly not the guy for this position and shows Trump is catering to special interests, Again.

- The Dow Should be at 20,000 tops.

- The Techs., NAZDAQ, have outperformed, the long term trend will be downward.

- U.S. stocks will continue flight to quality. AS ALWAYS GERMANY AND THE SWISS ANALYSISTS WILL LOOK AT THE DATA WITHOUT The political lens of The U.S. and will indicate the direction of global markets.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
freeski
Post Office

Re: U.S. Stock Market

Post by freeski »

Ford is still my pick. You don't want more then a couple of stocks. Then you have a mutual fund and if you're trying to best the market you don't want that.

Also, UNH

When Tyco was split up UNH was the health care arm. With an aging population... The analysts are starting to suggest a buy here.

GE... They spun off their Nuke plants. Not Water, but graphite. They melted down in Japan,
Back to bringing good things to life.

Buying stocks is partially a math game. Stocks around $10, Ford and GE gives you a better chance at capital growth and splits.
The real trick is to capture basis points. This is easier with forgein stocks becasue you also have currency movement. Thus, a stock paying a healthy dividend, with a stock price going up and the underlying currency gaining against the dollar.

Yep, this is how to make money quickly. When you're a head you put a trailing stop behind the lot, this way you can be skiing and assured you will not loose your shirt.

Then you buy on margin. So if you borrow the same amount as your positions....

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Yep
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Ford crushes earnings...

The sky is the limit after hours. Europe should kick it another spot 13.

Cost cutting overseas... Working with VW.

Meanwhile my friends stick to what got'em to marginal gains...

Regression toward the mean.

:shock:
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

General Electric

Clean balance sheet
Dividend
Global
65% held by institution

One can not pump global conglomerates.

I'm just a nice guy.

Buy and hold for 50 years.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

All is fine the markets recovered Friday.

NO, the sharks took their money off the table; no one knows how Trumps and other leaders will respond. Tariffs are a part of it. BUTT, Bubba's right the time to challenge RED China is when we're holding the cards.

Again, watch Germany and The Swiss they trade without the political lens of The U.S.

The real pros will play Ford by picking up ADR's or trading directly in the country that holds the stock. I.E. Ford is held in Germany, and those kinds of Western Civ. countries.

What will happen this week. The guys who are right are broken clocks. It's got to be 4:27 some where :bang

Looking at the world as it is, drilling down to the truth... Only the best can do it... with a ton of data miners behind them. .

The truth is the traders, hedge guys, have to buy or sell before,,, right before an event takes place. These are the technical dudes.

And yea.. they're all or mostly guys.

:seeya

:zzz
Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Rez »

The 2020's are going to be very good to the tech sector. Rollout of 5G and everything it will enable. Driverless cars, IoT everything, big advances in medical technology.

Biggest upside of any U.S. stock FNMA Fannie Mae. One of the most profitable corporations in the world trading at $2.50 due to 10 year government conservatorship and net worth sweep, all which will end in next year.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

5 G is going to take off once Amazon and facebook get the blimps in the air to transmit to the 3rd world. Self driving cars are going to be a hit because we can't even keep trains from crashing.

So what stocks do you buy with the lemons (small furry animals) before they catch falling knives while free falling off the cliff. :?:

Some of my liberal friends think like you.

Verizon is the only company I know of with hard assets in Telecom. That has staying powerTicker VZ

Buffet the Rez slayer
OUT
Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Rez »

FNMA - See my post above on May 13th. Closed at $2.52 that day. Closed today at $3.05. And this is only the beginning. In a year, possibly sooner, this will be in the 20's. You have a company that makes billions of dollars in profit every quarter, all of which is being "swept" (illegally btw) by the Treasury. When that comes to an end...... Institutional investors can't buy this stock as its OTC. When that changes.......
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

J. JILL

ticker: JILL

Because women will always over pay to look hot and Donna Karan is not.

At $1.49 this is not a dividend stock. This is balls to the walls capital growth.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

More on Ford...

"In the common scenario that executives think technology is trying to disrupt their business, they try to find a way to develop that technology internally or buy it from others. Major auto companies like GM and Ford are a good example: they have spent billions to buy and then build electric and autonomous driving technologies."

https://hbr.org/2019/06/disruption-star ... technology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Rez »

Rez wrote:The 2020's are going to be very good to the tech sector. Rollout of 5G and everything it will enable. Driverless cars, IoT everything, big advances in medical technology.

Biggest upside of any U.S. stock FNMA Fannie Mae. One of the most profitable corporations in the world trading at $2.50 due to 10 year government conservatorship and net worth sweep, all which will end in next year.
Anybody following this stock? Heading to $10 within a year as the 5th Circuit of Appeals has ruled the Net Worth Sweep illegal.
Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Rez »

Apparently even Wall St. can't be distracted by Trump's tariff's in the midst of the best economic environment in decades. Tariff's hurting our economy. Laughable.

Now back to FNMA. About to hit $4 2 weeks from the federal courts declaring that Obama's sweep of Fannie and Freddie profits was illegal. Single greatest violation of the 4th amendment in our nation's history. Hundreds of billions of dollars stolen from private owners. When the dust settles and the inevitable occurs we are going to be looking at double digit stock prices. You will then hear the left howling about Trump administration being in bed with the hedge funds. Mark my word. Even Kpdemello will find an article and start spouting off about something he knows nothing about. Do yourselves a favor and seriously do some DD on this stock. It's not often that one of the world's most profitable corporations (and lynch pin to the 30 year mortgage) trades at $4 OTC. When it gets relisted and institutional buyers can get at it, watch the f*** out. Investment opps like this don't come very often.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Rez wrote:Apparently even Wall St. can't be distracted by Trump's tariff's in the midst of the best economic environment in decades. Tariff's hurting our economy. Laughable.
Asking because I don't understand the market enough to know the answer. Trump's trade war with China started about a year ago and, in the past ~12 months, despite the up and downs it's basically been flat (using DOW anyways).

What do you look at from a street perspective to determine if it's 'distracted' by tariffs?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Rez wrote:Apparently even Wall St. can't be distracted by Trump's tariff's in the midst of the best economic environment in decades. Tariff's hurting our economy. Laughable.
Asking because I don't understand the market enough to know the answer. Trump's trade war with China started about a year ago and, in the past ~12 months, despite the up and downs it's basically been flat (using DOW anyways).

What do you look at from a street perspective to determine if it's 'distracted' by tariffs?
well for starters just the fact that the market has been " relatively flat" suggests that there have been no huge losses...secondly you become more than an occasional observer of the market...you watch headlines and see how they affect algos and how those algos affect the market...you determine as best you can what losses are directly attributable to market slowdowns vs breaking headlines...you watch for massive selloffs etc...you also look at many other economic factors, employment/unemployment, wage growth, jobs growth , hiring , expansion of certain sectors, consumer spending, consumer confidence etc...

hard to say the trade war w china has had any real detrimental effects....has it had any effect? duh...what was the status of trade w china prior to the " trade war"? were there any detrimental effects to US stocks?

when china makes unnecessary trinkets cost more for us and we make very necessary food items cost more for them, we hold a huge advantage... when trump faces a worst case scenario of " failure to be re-elected" and xi faces a worst case scenario of failing to live to see another day, we again hold the upper hand...

the market is but on economic indicator but there doesn't seem to be anything saying that the market is being adversely affected by the tariffs, despite the daily cheering from the MSM and the likes of brownhole, demento and bill maher...

and no one understands the market well enough to truly know the answer...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Rez »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

The way I look at it every time Trump announces tariffs the stock market reacts negatively and then bounces back in two weeks. The first tariffs were announced by Trump on 3/22/2018. The DJ dropped 700 points that day, obviously in reaction to the tariffs. By April 17, it had recovered those 700 points. This happened repeatedly since then whenever Trump announced more tariffs. Stock market down and recovers shortly after. Emotional reaction. Since Trump first announced the tariffs against China, the DJ has been up. I don't think the tariffs have any lasting negative impact on the stock market because I don't think tariffs are negatively effecting that much of the U.S. economy. What I'm seeing is U.S. based electronics mfr's looking to move their mfg out of China because of the tariffs. Not good for China where much of our electronics are contract mfg'd (PCB mfr and assembly) but that data point belongs in the tariffs debate.