Holy Roller Coasters

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Holy Roller Coasters

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Has anyone seen the new roller coaster at great adventure?

Length: 3118'
Height: 456'
Drop: 418'
Inversions: 0
Speed: 128 mph
Duration: 0:28
Max Vertical Angle: 90 Degrees
Max Acceleration: 0 − 128 mph in 3.5 seconds
Elements: 90° Vertical Spiral
456' tall Top Hat − Outside
270° Vertical Spiral
129' tall Hill

Trains: 4 trains with 5 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 20 riders per train.
Trains: Built by Intamin AG
Trains:

The last car seats only two riders so the number of riders per train is actually 18, not 20.

A dual-loading station with switch track allows four trains to load and unload simultaneously on two tracks.

History:

Part of a new area named "The Golden Kingdom", featuring new family rides and a new tiger area in a jungle-like environment.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Read in the paper today that from the top of it you can see Manhattan. I bet Snowsprite, Slapshot and Skibumtress would like to take a run on it. I am not crazy about rollercoasters so I think I will pass.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

tyrolean_skier wrote:Read in the paper today that from the top of it you can see Manhattan. I bet Snowsprite, Slapshot and Skibumtress would like to take a run on it. I am not crazy about rollercoasters so I think I will pass.
You betcha!!! :D
Although the looks of that one really scares me.... but of course if I get there, I'll try it.
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

yup, was going to try and get there today if the weather cooperates. Saw it for the first time in person on April 17th. Took this pic from the parachute:

Lines are going to be long for this one.

btw, here's a good site that i post on regarding this topic.

http://www.gadv.com
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

It's been yeas since I've been to Great Adventure. Brock, is that the old wooden rollar coaster in the background on the left? My God, look how little that one looks compared to the others..... makes it look like a little kiddie ride.
I don't remember the name of it but I think it was Batman (after the first uphill climb and before the first "fall" it turned on it's side and you were almost upside down).... do they still have that one? That one was cool and scary! On that one, the way you were strapped in, you almost felt like you were going to fall out.For some reason a few years ago, I thought I heard they took it down.
I do still love the old fashion wooden rollar coasters too.
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

The coaster on the far upper right of the picture is Rolling Thunder, the old wood coaster.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

It was on one of the evening magazine shows. The lady announcing took a ride and screamed the whole time. It goes from about 15 mph to 126 in just a few seconds. HOLD ON !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Skibumtress wrote:It's been yeas since I've been to Great Adventure. Brock, is that the old wooden rollar coaster in the background on the left? My God, look how little that one looks compared to the others..... makes it look like a little kiddie ride.
Yup, that's the wooden coaster. Gives you a sense of how huge the new ride is. It's amazing.
don't remember the name of it but I think it was Batman (after the first uphill climb and before the first "fall" it turned on it's side and you were almost upside down).... do they still have that one?
yup. still there. Top speed less than half of Kingda Ka. Scary. :)
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Dr. NO wrote:It was on one of the evening magazine shows. The lady announcing took a ride and screamed the whole time. It goes from about 15 mph to 126 in just a few seconds. HOLD ON !
Ski-N-Sail wrote:Max Acceleration: 0 − 128 mph in 3.5 seconds
Pay attention Doc, there will be a test later in the day :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

shortski wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:It was on one of the evening magazine shows. The lady announcing took a ride and screamed the whole time. It goes from about 15 mph to 126 in just a few seconds. HOLD ON !
I have gone from 0-128 mph in about one second, but it wasnt in a roller coaster.
Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

Pedro wrote:
shortski wrote:
I have gone from 0-128 mph in about one second, but it wasnt in a roller coaster.
Cat shot?

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Pedro wrote:
Image ?
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

YES!! KINGDA KA! such a rip off of Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point tho.. and i was at my cousins on media day and we went to great adventure.. woah what a hunk o metal!
Ski It If You Can!..
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Killington_Lover wrote:YES!! KINGDA KA! such a rip off of Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point tho..
This is like saying Walt ripped off Disneyland when he built Disneyworld. :) Intamin AG built both Top Thrill and Kingda Ka. They build A LOT of the coasters we've all ridden on. If you want to blame someone, blame the Swiss bastards that built both.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Pedro wrote:
shortski wrote:
That would be 4G's, quite a hit.