20 miles on the new bike..

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

20 miles on the new bike..

Post by pizzamoose »

went for a birthday ride at rockland lake today..
ended up doing two outer loops (5 miles each) and 3 inner loops (3 miles each) plus another mile at the end to get to 20 miles.

the outer loop has a pretty nasty, albeit short hill in it. I was tired, but could have done at least another ten miles, even with the hill..

I had a goal to do 75 miles in a day by the end of summer.. but that seems too easy now. maybe i'll do a century instead..
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

you're such a big talker.... why dont you enter one of those iron man ride 80 miles a day races etc. we have them out here..... i bet YOU would take them all - super man :roll:

Do what you said on a single speed and that might get some more notice...
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

mogulmouse wrote:you're such a big talker.... why dont you enter one of those iron man ride 80 miles a day races etc. we have them out here..... i bet YOU would take them all - super man :roll:

Do what you said on a single speed and that might get some more notice...
go to hell, asshole.

i'm busting my ass trying to lose this weight, dickhead. i weigh 350 lbs.. why don't you do what I said with 200 lbs worth of bricks on your back and that might get some more notice.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: 20 miles on the new bike..

Post by Dr. NO »

pizzamoose wrote:went for a birthday ride at rockland lake today..
ended up doing two outer loops (5 miles each) and 3 inner loops (3 miles each) plus another mile at the end to get to 20 miles.

the outer loop has a pretty nasty, albeit short hill in it. I was tired, but could have done at least another ten miles, even with the hill..

I had a goal to do 75 miles in a day by the end of summer.. but that seems too easy now. maybe i'll do a century instead..
set your goal for 50 miles at a time. The saying for a Century is the first 50 is easy. the next 25 is like doing another 50, and the last 25 is like starting all over again, er something like that. I have made 50 very easily. 75 gets tough as you begin to tighten up and dehydrate. Your body will not let you take on more fluids sometimes too. That last 25 is just one big brick. And, around here in Eastern CT, there is no such thing as a flat ride.

Good Luck !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Happy Bday Pizza! Glad that you're gettin use of out your bike now after those troubles. I hope to be on mine in a couple months.

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

Pizza..Great job man!
You like wanna do a "Rails 2 Trails " ride with me and Chris tommorow?

i'll give u a bell later...BBQ time!

Oh yeah Happy birth day steve...and pay no mind 2 da mouse after all he is from Bergen co....and says it all....
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mtn Man wrote:Happy Bday Pizza! Glad that you're gettin use of out your bike now after those troubles. I hope to be on mine in a couple months.

B)
MONTHS? Hell no. Part of PT is to rotate that sucka on a bike. Might as well be the MTN bike, just more mellow trails
Takes about 2 to 4 weeks to get full rotation on the pedals, then off you go. Again, I put center bead tires on my bike so I could do trails and road easily.

Oh, and Happy B'day Pizza. Should have planned a Rick's for this weekend. Maybe after my surgery.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

bling man fu wrote:Pizza..Great job man!
not if its not a road ride.. this bike is not made for trails, especially when carrying 350 lbs.
bling man fu wrote:Oh yeah Happy birth day steve...and pay no mind 2 da mouse after all he is from Bergen co....and says it all....
that little SOB can ride 20 miles like I can ride 2.. but that doesn't make my 20 any less of an accomplishment. I want to see 200 pounds of bricks tied to his scrawny little frame and see how far he can ride..
doc wrote:Oh, and Happy B'day Pizza. Should have planned a Rick's for this weekend. Maybe after my surgery.
good idea, but lets skip rick's this time. give me one chance in harlem - once you do the dinosaur, you'll never go back.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

pizzamoose wrote:
bling man fu wrote:Pizza..Great job man!
not if its not a road ride.. this bike is not made for trails, especially when carrying 350 lbs.
bling man fu wrote:Oh yeah Happy birth day steve...and pay no mind 2 da mouse after all he is from Bergen co....and says it all....
that little SOB can ride 20 miles like I can ride 2.. but that doesn't make my 20 any less of an accomplishment. I want to see 200 pounds of bricks tied to his scrawny little frame and see how far he can ride..
doc wrote:Oh, and Happy B'day Pizza. Should have planned a Rick's for this weekend. Maybe after my surgery.
good idea, but lets skip rick's this time. give me one chance in harlem - once you do the dinosaur, you'll never go back.
it's cinder...i see ppl on City bikes there all the time....ever see a cycle cross bike?
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

yeah but this is a road bike, not a city bike..

no suspension whatsoever.. tires are maybe 3/4" wide with almost no tread.
only 16 spokes per wheel..
anything other than asphalt or concrete would shake it apart.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

pizzamoose wrote: not if its not a road ride.. this bike is not made for trails, especially when carrying 350 lbs.
Yeah, i was going to chime in before i read this response, If you can do 20 miles with Pizza's body, then your hardcore.... ..

Nice work keep it up, see if you can Put that mileage in every other day. Then when the pounds start sheding start doing it every day, then start turning up the mileage. Try to get addicted to the bike.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Pizza, kudos to you and Happy Birthday! Keep it up Dude!
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Pedro wrote:
pizzamoose wrote: not if its not a road ride.. this bike is not made for trails, especially when carrying 350 lbs.
Yeah, i was going to chime in before i read this response, If you can do 20 miles with Pizza's body, then your hardcore.... ..

Nice work keep it up, see if you can Put that mileage in every other day. Then when the pounds start sheding start doing it every day, then start turning up the mileage. Try to get addicted to the bike.

Gotta agree here.

Pizza, you've got my support here....... keep it going. I know the weight has been a struggle for you but you really sound like you're on the right track. I'm rootin' for you Dude!
Never rode around Rockland Lake... maybe some weekend I can meet you up there with the bike.

Oh yea.......
"If you have nothing nice to say to someone, don't say anything at all."
and....
"Try walking a mile in someone else's shoes."
Last edited by Skibumtress on May 21st, '05, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

Wow I feel a Group hug coming on here....
Pizza the rule of thumb with roadies is " You have to log 1,000 miles flat B4 U do Hills"
get ta hammering there big guy.

oh yeah who the heck sold you a bike that is laced with 16 spokes...
Can you say Taco?
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

Bling Skier wrote:oh yeah who the heck sold you a bike that is laced with 16 spokes...
Can you say Taco?
I can say, "pro-form!"

here are the wheels that came with the bike.
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/pro ... ry_ID=5320