Iran and nukes

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Iran and nukes

Post by Kpdemello »

So President Trump withdrew from the nuclear deal with Iran because he claims it was a bad deal. Every other country that signed it disagrees and tries to keep it in place. Trump ignores that and imposes harsh sanctions. The predictable result - Iran says it's going to start enriching uranium again. Tell me something. What has Trump accomplished here?

I grant that Iran is using its nuclear program as a bargaining chip to renegotiate with the nations still trying to uphold the deal that the U.S. withdrew from. But it seems to me that Trump created a big problem here where there was not a problem before, and he has no real plan to solve it.

As I look at the deal Obama negotiated, I don't see how it was so bad. Trump seems to think it should have contained restrictions on Iran's regional behavior and its missile program. Okay, that'd be nice, but why would Iran ever agree to that? Isn't the key, and by far the most important part of the deal, that Iran stop developing nuclear weapons? I mean wasn't that the whole point? And now we start from square one, with Iran ramping up a nuclear program, and the world having to either negotiate with them to stop it or take some sort of direct action.

Sources:
https://apnews.com/50fee765f1a543ee88d9b9969ace0c44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... o-scrap-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Iran and nukes

Post by madhatter »

incessant whining from the ( barely) useful idiot poster boy...every day a new atrocity for you...2024 is along way off...and yer so close to the deep end already...

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... l-backfire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05- ... ons-relief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

enjoy your cryfest....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

If the religious zealots, murderers, rapist and torturers look at one of our merchant ships the wrong way. Trump will bomb them into the stone age, or bronze age...

It would be best if he nuked and paved Terhan. ( okay I spelled it wrong, who cares) Just because Trump may not be a nice guy; this may work to our advantage. :-)

Meow
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

So the President's Iran policy seems to be going well:
Four oil tankers anchored in the Mideast were damaged by what Saudi and U.S. officials say were "sabotage" attacks, though images of the ships have shown clear visible damage to only one of the vessels. Details of the alleged sabotage to two Saudi, one Norwegian and one Emirati oil tanker on Sunday remained unclear, and none of the nations to which the vessels belong had assigned any blame.

However, on Monday American officials told CBS News senior national security correspondent David Martin that the initial assessment of a U.S. team sent to investigate the incidents was that Iran or Iranian-backed proxies had used explosives to blow holes in the four ships.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

WTF! drone attacks on Saudi oil infrastructure, and speculation that Iran is behind it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/oil-jum ... eline.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are we seriously sliding toward war with Iran?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:WTF! drone attacks on Saudi oil infrastructure, and speculation that Iran is behind it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/oil-jum ... eline.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

probably not as close as we were here...

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... ional-law/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Is it me or does it look like the gun mount in the foreground is either missing it's 50 or, while it may be obscured, is missing any ammunition in the ammo box.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

madhatter wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:WTF! drone attacks on Saudi oil infrastructure, and speculation that Iran is behind it.

probably not as close as we were here...

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... ional-law/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spot on, this should have never happened. Obama would not let us fire on them.
If for no other reason, we should take out all of their ports. 1/2 hour. Be back home for lunch.

If you kill people on bases, t doesn't count.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

freeski wrote:Spot on, this should have never happened. Obama would not let us fire on them.
If for no other reason, we should take out all of their ports. 1/2 hour. Be back home for lunch.

If you kill people on bases, t doesn't count.
Perhaps the 120,000 troops Trump wants to send towards Iran will help ... :roll:
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Iran is sponsoring terrorism. They are threatening Israel.

I'm not a hawk, however they are a brutal tool box. I wouldn't do anything on the ground. We're they U.S. our video game players can take out all boats, we need to respond.

Send in the new fighter jets, our ships are designed for electronic warfare. Yea, send a clear message.

Spain pulled out a freighter so,
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

I'm interested to know if people connect Iran's current set of bad acts to Trump's decision to pull out of the treaty. Between the time of the treaty and now, was Iran really misbehaving that much? They seemed pretty contained, and the world community seemed united in trying to keep it that way. Now, we've got them acting out, it seems to me, as a direct result of Trump's pullout of the treaty.

I mean sure, they were probably sponsoring terror groups before. But was pulling out of the treaty really the right way to address that problem? Wouldn't the right way to address it have been to put some additional pressure to get something on top of the treaty? Perhaps get some hard evidence and galvanize world support for something? Unilaterally pulling out of the treaty just seems like a bad idea that has led to very bad results and no real gains.

That's my take but I'm interested in hearing other perspectives.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Kpdemello wrote:I'm interested to know if people connect Iran's current set of bad acts to Trump's decision to pull out of the treaty. Between the time of the treaty and now, was Iran really misbehaving that much? They seemed pretty contained, and the world community seemed united in trying to keep it that way. Now, we've got them acting out, it seems to me, as a direct result of Trump's pullout of the treaty.

I mean sure, they were probably sponsoring terror groups before. But was pulling out of the treaty really the right way to address that problem? Wouldn't the right way to address it have been to put some additional pressure to get something on top of the treaty? Perhaps get some hard evidence and galvanize world support for something? Unilaterally pulling out of the treaty just seems like a bad idea that has led to very bad results and no real gains.

That's my take but I'm interested in hearing other perspectives.
It's refreshing to have someone with an open mind from the lefter side. Tis the here's a movie I think Argo about getting American's out of Iran after the Revolution. It shows the horrors of when The zealots took over. This team funds not only terror butt, props up other terrorist countries. They guys with barrel bombs and the like much of the money comes from Iran.

There word means nothing, they actually believe they have god behind them to do what ever they want to convert the entire world. If it makes you feel better, ALL of the hard core believers would cut your head off in a NY second.

It's like a band of zombies you just have to kill them when they act up.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

I saw something today about how the Brits don't agree with the U.S. administration that Iran presents any kind of elevated threat in Iraq.
https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/br ... 9700293772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Considering Trump's national security advisor is the same dude who pushed the BS WMDs in Iraq narrative, perhaps this is a lot of bullsh!t by people with agendas to push us toward war.

My big concern here is that this administration continues to alienate our allies. The best way to handle a rogue state like Iran is to build international support to keep them contained. Trump seems to be doing the opposite, just like W. Bush in Iraq.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

This is setting up just like WMD .. this time no Colin Powell to give it credence. :sad:
The customary flailing by team Drumph continues unabated.

:zzz
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:This is setting up just like WMD .. this time no Colin Powell to give it credence. :sad:
The customary flailing by team Drumph continues unabated.

:zzz
yer a dumbfvck...trump is clearly not interested in going to war...he's never been a war monger...customary stupidity ensues with brownhole...
mach es sehr schnell