Any K-zoners in K this weekend?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Any K-zoners in K this weekend?

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I was wondering how much snow is still left. Would like to hike up for some turns next weekend. Would like to know how far up I can hike to make it worthwhile. Anyone take any pictures and care to share?
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

:lol: :lol: Ty, do you ever give up! Anyway, just checked the webcam. the last image they have is from Wednesday. Still looks good. http://www.killingtonskiclub.com/SPYCAM.htm
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

andyzee wrote::lol: :lol: Ty, do you ever give up! Anyway, just checked the webcam. the last image they have is from Wednesday. Still looks good. http://www.killingtonskiclub.com/SPYCAM.htm
I won't give up as long as there is snow to ski. I will miss MtnMan since he usually took the lead in these expeditions but I hope that Phantom at least will join me. Skibumtress and SkiDork said they would hike as well so I am not the only person looking to get some turns in. Andy why don't you come up next weekend and join us. :D
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Re: Any K-zoners in K this weekend?

Post by Skibumtress »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I was wondering how much snow is still left. Would like to hike up for some turns next weekend. Would like to know how far up I can hike to make it worthwhile. Anyone take any pictures and care to share?
As I told you today..... I'm with ya! :D
Although I may not get to K until Saturday (won't know until Friday afternoon).
I hope MtnMan's knapsack is still at the house and if it is, I hope he'll let me borrow it. :wink:
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Andy why don't you come up next weekend and join us. :D
I ran the idea past V, she wants to know if you'll teach us how to secure the skis to our packs.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

andyzee wrote:
I ran the idea past V, she wants to know if you'll teach us how to secure the skis to our packs.
Bring scotch tape.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Skibumtress wrote:
andyzee wrote:
Bring scotch tape.
V was smoking a cig when she read this, you just made her cough up a storm! You better have some strong scotch tape!

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

andyzee wrote:
You need a backpack that is designed to hold skis - I bought mine at a ski show last September and was able to use in early November. Maybe MtnMan or someone will have some ideas for you on how to adapt your backpack for carrying skiis.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

So the scotch tape won't work? :?

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Skibumtress wrote:
andyzee wrote:
Bring scotch tape.
Make that duct tape and it might work.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Ty, you're a real pain in my butt :lol: I was kind of on the fence about next weekend leaning towards calling it quits already. Now you got us thinking again. Gal, you're a bad influence! V says, you're not a bad influence, you are the devil. :twisted:

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

andyzee wrote:Ty, you're a real pain in my butt :lol: I was kind of on the fence about next weekend leaning towards calling it quits already. Now you got us thinking again. Gal, you're a bad influence! V says, you're not a bad influence, you are the devil. :twisted:
I am no devil :lol: as Bubba says I insist on attending church even if I have to give up a little skiing to get there on time. I am just someone who loves skiing so much that it is very hard to accept that this season is coming to an end and that I will have to wait until sometime in November to experience the thrill of skiing once again. Unfortunately, there will not be any glacier skiing for me this summer to ease the withdrawal.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Ty, I think she meant devil in a nice way. Like the kid that always talks you into getting into trouble, and doing things that your parent wouldn't approve of. :D

Andyzone.com
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
andyzee wrote:Ty, you're a real pain in my butt :lol: I was kind of on the fence about next weekend leaning towards calling it quits already. Now you got us thinking again. Gal, you're a bad influence! V says, you're not a bad influence, you are the devil. :twisted:
I am no devil :lol: as Bubba says I insist on attending church even if I have to give up a little skiing to get there on time. I am just someone who loves skiing so much that it is very hard to accept that this season is coming to an end and that I will have to wait until sometime in November to experience the thrill of skiing once again. Unfortunately, there will not be any glacier skiing for me this summer to ease the withdrawal.
We can always go to Mammoth Mtn. for 4th of July weekend.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Skibumtress wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
We can always go to Mammoth Mtn. for 4th of July weekend.
Already have plans for that weekend and it involves boating and fireworks.