Business opps near K

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Stormin_Aussie wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:With all my ideas kicked around, I'm going to go with PACKAGE STORE as making it on the access road.
IMO Other than that Mobil gas/convienence store 'THAT NEVER PLOWS ITS LOT" there isn't another REAL LIQUOR store.
And this group would insure success of this adventure :wink:
Cordially yours is located at the Killington deli on Rt 4... You can buy liquors, beer and wine there... Killington Market on the Killington Road has beer and wine, Glazes Wine Shop sells wine, and the Mobil has beer and wine... highly doubt they need another package store, not to mention that a large percentage of K patrons go out to party and love spending the big bucks on those expensive drinks! :D
Correct,nobody NEEDS another package store HOWEVER if the building is shared by a attractive blond Women who does Dog training and grooming next door just think of the potential> :wink:
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Atomic1 wrote:
Stormin_Aussie wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:With all my ideas kicked around, I'm going to go with PACKAGE STORE as making it on the access road.
IMO Other than that Mobil gas/convienence store 'THAT NEVER PLOWS ITS LOT" there isn't another REAL LIQUOR store.
And this group would insure success of this adventure :wink:
Cordially yours is located at the Killington deli on Rt 4... You can buy liquors, beer and wine there... Killington Market on the Killington Road has beer and wine, Glazes Wine Shop sells wine, and the Mobil has beer and wine... highly doubt they need another package store, not to mention that a large percentage of K patrons go out to party and love spending the big bucks on those expensive drinks! :D
Correct,nobody NEEDS another package store HOWEVER if the building is shared by a attractive blond Women who does Dog training and grooming next door just think of the potential> :wink:

will she be wearing a bikini and letting the dogs lick peanut butter off of her cleavage?

a attractive blond Women?

jesus...even I'm not going to attempt to correct that one....
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

See that! ...Even HAL is going to go to THAT PACKAGE STORE just to glimpse in the window!
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Atomic1 wrote:See that! ...Even HAL is going to go to THAT PACKAGE STORE just to glimpse in the window!

f that

I'm stopping in to load up on road sodas....I still have 45 miles to home.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:See that! ...Even HAL is going to go to THAT PACKAGE STORE just to glimpse in the window!

f that

Keep telling yourself that,but we know why you chose there to stop :shock:
There is something about a Blond,training dogs in a Leather Bikini with Black boots that could SPIKE UP LIQUOR SALES! :lol:
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Atomic1 wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:

f that

Keep telling yourself that,but we know why you chose there to stop :shock:
There is something about a Blond,training dogs in a Leather Bikini with Black boots that could SPIKE UP LIQUOR SALES! :lol:
might wanna consider strategic comma placement before sending this one to press...other than for skirtchaser, I really can't see dogs in leather bikinis being a big draw....
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

SkiDork wrote:
pizzamoose wrote:ever consider buying a franchise of something? I don't know what your financial situation is like and I'd imagine you'd need some cash, but I don't see why something like a Dunkin' Donuts or a 7-11 wouldn't make it on the access road. Its not glamourous, but with a little luck (labor under correct knowledge), after a few years it would be relatively viable and would produce a comfortable income.

I don't know what kind of engineer you are, but another possibility would be some sort of professional business - similar to an accountant or lawyer. thats a lot of work, but it can be really lucrative if you're good.
Believe it or not, I think there's zoning against that sort of thing on the access road...
Ozzy? Stormin?
Thank God!
Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

SkiDork wrote:
TacklingSnowmenSteve wrote:How come there is the comfort inn... isn't that a franchise??
Believe it or not, Comfort Inn sells Condo shares. Maybe thats how they circumvent the franchise tag.

How do I know this? The new guys who will be doing our property mgmt. also manage 22 condo properties at the Comfort Inn. Go figger.
Que? Another freakin' change? What up ?

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Dr Z wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
TacklingSnowmenSteve wrote:How come there is the comfort inn... isn't that a franchise??
Believe it or not, Comfort Inn sells Condo shares. Maybe thats how they circumvent the franchise tag.

How do I know this? The new guys who will be doing our property mgmt. also manage 22 condo properties at the Comfort Inn. Go figger.
they booted Dennis.

The new guys are Mountain Green mgmt.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

open a topless bar!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

SkiDork wrote:
Dr Z wrote:
SkiDork wrote:

they booted Dennis.

Killington Holiday Rentals are still our rental agents - no change there. The only thing that changed is the property manager.
Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
Dr Z wrote:
SkiDork wrote:

they booted Dennis.

Killington Holiday Rentals are still our rental agents - no change there. The only thing that changed is the property manager.
At least that is some good news. Wasn't up for another changeover like the last time. Thought I might have to start looking for new digs.

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Bling Skier wrote:open a topless bar!

too late... see previous thread

viewtopic.php?t=4522&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Where is Happy Hour ?
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

pizzamoose wrote:ever consider buying a franchise of something? I don't know what your financial situation is like and I'd imagine you'd need some cash, but I don't see why something like a Dunkin' Donuts or a 7-11 wouldn't make it on the access road. Its not glamourous, but with a little luck (labor under correct knowledge), after a few years it would be relatively viable and would produce a comfortable income.

I don't know what kind of engineer you are, but another possibility would be some sort of professional business - similar to an accountant or lawyer. thats a lot of work, but it can be really lucrative if you're good.
sorry kids franchine ops are a no no on Killington rd.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

guess i should have read this whole thing before replying, but hey i'm in a hurry now. i'm only supposted to live to 72 if all goes correctly!

As far as a business op, what about a decent sandwich shop. You only have the Killington market and they aren't all that good, sun up bakery and Killington Deli (Cliff's Deli)
Seems like a low overhead operation. make all your own breads and salads. I mean how much could it cost to make a sandwich compared to what you could charge for it. just an idea

Keep in mind that being the new kid on the block, as stormin said, is very difficult around here.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.