Business opps near K

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

ozzy wrote:guess i should have read this whole thing before replying, but hey i'm in a hurry now. i'm only supposted to live to 72 if all goes correctly!

As far as a business op, what about a decent sandwich shop. You only have the Killington market and they aren't all that good, sun up bakery and Killington Deli (Cliff's Deli)
Seems like a low overhead operation. make all your own breads and salads. I mean how much could it cost to make a sandwich compared to what you could charge for it. just an idea

Keep in mind that being the new kid on the block, as stormin said, is very difficult around here.
Hi Ozz! Yeah, being the new kid on the block would be definitely hard,,, but if you are HOT ---------- much different story! :D :D
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

Mister Moose wrote:
Stormin_Aussie wrote: And as far as empty real estate on the access road, the only place would be Fred's Freeride building and I heard that many folks have already looked into buying it... Not sure what other places someone else posted about?
I wasn't just talking about empty buildings, but vacant land. It appears there is land north of Charity's. There is a lot of woods down by Peppino's. The weathered grey boxlike building (Old ski lodge???) by the Killington historical marker, just north of the Grist Mill on the other side of the street looks way under utilized or vacant. There are a lot of residential buildings that if the demand was high would sell and turn to commercial. If you drove the road I think you'd notice other spaces. And the unlikely laundromat/bar should be available soon.
They have already started clearing the land before Charity's... The Killington MArk-up owns that land... from what I heard, they may try to put in a mini-strip mall, a few retail shops, etc... I heard they may be breaking ground soon... when more details are out, I'll let you know. The old Fireside Lodge has a great location and great view.... I see people in there all the time bringing crap in and out... probably doing something illegal in there... heck, anything goes in this state :D I think the scrub a dub pub will do well once it is completed and they start to market it... it is very nice inside and they have a pool table and bar area... it's just not completed yet... I think it will turn more into a local hangout in the summer and the foreign kids that are here for the winter can walk there from the old K-campus to do their wash and hang out... I see them waiting for The Bus in the winter to take to Rutvegas to do their clothes...

There's alot of talk around here, but that is what folks do when they aren't skiing!!
SkiNutDave
Blue Chatterbox

Post by SkiNutDave »

ozzy wrote:guess i should have read this whole thing before replying, but hey i'm in a hurry now. i'm only supposted to live to 72 if all goes correctly!

As far as a business op, what about a decent sandwich shop. You only have the Killington market and they aren't all that good, sun up bakery and Killington Deli (Cliff's Deli)
Seems like a low overhead operation. make all your own breads and salads. I mean how much could it cost to make a sandwich compared to what you could charge for it. just an idea

Keep in mind that being the new kid on the block, as stormin said, is very difficult around here.
Hey ozzy,
I think I met you with the G's one weekday this past month. What do you do that lets you ski weekdays? Self employed? Work nights? Send me a PM if you don't want to answer on the board.
Let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

since stormy brought it up in another thread, what about a tatoo parlor. pretty low overhead ... just some ink & needles. hours should be good since most folks will stumble in after they've had a few.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Hey Jude
Black Carver

Post by Hey Jude »

skiadikt, I think the tatoo parlor is a good idea. They can also do piercings!
Girly, tough is not enough!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Hey Jude wrote:skiadikt, I think the tatoo parlor is a good idea. They can also do piercings!
now THAT can get interesting. :)

dave, your troubles are over!
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

skiadikt wrote:
Hey Jude wrote:skiadikt, I think the tatoo parlor is a good idea. They can also do piercings!

don't ya have to have some type of artistic ability for tattoos and stuff....or do you just connect the dots and then try to color in between the lines?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
skiadikt wrote:

don't ya have to have some type of artistic ability for tattoos and stuff....or do you just connect the dots and then try to color in between the lines?
i think it's just a paint by numbers thing.