Business opps near K

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

skiadikt wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:OK no drive thru how about SKI THRU,Can you imagine the $$$$ K could make selling SKI THRU food/Coffee in the Gondola lines?
They would have to set up alot of garbage cans at the mtn. top but I can picture ALOT of coffee/donuts being sold in line.
today's conditions: machine groomed and packed coffee cups. :)
So we need quickly biodegradable cups.The cups are made out of a EATABLE CRUST.You get your coffee and danish all in one.Whatever gets thrown on the grownd gets eaten by animals or dissolves quickly.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Where is Vergeness, VT.?? Goodrich Corp.?

Electrical Engineer

Analog and digital design of real time, embedded sensor data acquisition systems for aerospace applications. The candidate will design or modify existing designs using TMS 320 series DSP's and MPC 555 processors. ARINC 429, Mil-Std-1553, CAN and AFDX Communication bus interfaces will be designed or reused from existing design. Analog circuit design will concentrate on measuring low level sensor signals in the presence of significant electromagnetic interference.

The candidate will fully own her designs and is responsible for all documentation, peer reviews and formal reviews with the customer.

BS in Electrical Engineering (MS preferred). Experience with capacitive or inductive sensors would be helpful. Aerospace experience a plus.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

One other thought...

I have noticed a lot of empty real estate on the access road. New businesses are not beating a path to the access road.... there must be a reason.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Mister Moose wrote:One other thought...

I have noticed a lot of empty real estate on the access road. New businesses are not beating a path to the access road.... there must be a reason.

they heard about andy's website?
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:

they heard about andy's website?
And what's that URL HAL?
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Whoever owns the property wants so much for the rent that the profit margin isn't there for the business proprieter.
The landowner has high taxes so he charges big bucks.

You have to own the land so that you basically KNOW WHERE YOU STAND!
Then you rent out half the building to say a video store and the other half you run a Package store!
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

If you do the coffeehouse thing, you can also get an area that has Wi-Fi and have a little internet section.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

SkiDork wrote:
ozzy wrote:
whiteout wrote:Drive thru coffee, donut shoppe on the access road would make a killing, if zoning would allow it. You'd miss 1st trax initially, but after you have a handle on the biz, hire some kids to run it.

sorry no drive thru operations allowed on killington rd
WHY?
zoning bla bla bla.
That's what Iggy from the Jerks told me years ago.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Chimney Sweep.With all those woodstoves/fireplaces going in the condo's. all winter the stoves have to be cleaned in the summer.Thus leaving you to ski in the winter.
You sign the contract with K and presto .......plus all the local work in the area.
Pretty cool job if you like outdoors and excercise and don't mind getting dirty.
I actually can picture SPRITE doing this! :wink:
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

i head shop/art glass shop - oh wait there is one right?
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Chimney sweep is good. I expect there is some fierce local competition, but that is what keeps a body young.

Actually I had a brain storm..... which I will keep to myself for now as it is truely innovative, generic enough to use all over the country, simple, and has a fairly low startup cost. There is are technical issues, but it isn't rocket science.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

yeti wrote:Actually I had a brain storm..... which I will keep to myself for now as it is truely innovative, generic enough to use all over the country, simple, and has a fairly low startup cost. There is are technical issues, but it isn't rocket science.
You're going to offer yourself as a gay male prostitute?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Bubba wrote:
yeti wrote:Actually I had a brain storm..... which I will keep to myself for now as it is truely innovative, generic enough to use all over the country, simple, and has a fairly low startup cost. There is are technical issues, but it isn't rocket science.
You're going to offer yourself as a gay male prostitute?
Sorry to break it to you both but I think Dick Simmons already has that market pretty well covered.
Some things just can't be bought......
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Don't worry Bubba - your franchise is safe.

Crap it (my idea) is patented.... and even more generic than I thought (the inventor applies it to beaches and dirt race/horse tracks as well).

I figured attach a roller to the back of a groomer. On this roller would be messages - (i.e. advertising, directions, announcements) that would be imprinted on the snow as the groomer passed by.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

yeti wrote:Don't worry Bubba - your franchise is safe.

Crap it (my idea) is patented.... and even more generic than I thought (the inventor applies it to beaches and dirt race/horse tracks as well).

I figured attach a roller to the back of a groomer. On this roller would be messages - (i.e. advertising, directions, announcements) that would be imprinted on the snow as the groomer passed by.
They have done that on some of the beaches around here.