Socialized medicine

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Socialized medicine

Post by deadheadskier »

For it or against it? Explain your position.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Socialized medicine

Post by madhatter »

all for you moving to wherever it is that they have this wonderful system you crave so badly... :seeya
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:all for you moving to wherever it is that they have this wonderful system you crave so badly... :seeya
Hmmmmm.....

Whose expertise am I going to side with on this matter.

The idealogue that thinks we have a better system in the US than the rest the developed world because Mick Jagger had his heart surgery in New York?

or

The brilliant doctors who actually perform the surgeries on the Mick Jagger's of the world. You know the extremely educated medical professionals who overwhelmingly support socialized medicine. Folks with intimate knowledge of the cost of care and compensation for their craft both domestically and abroad; and the overall health results of the populations served by various systems around the globe.

I'm really going to have to think about this one.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:all for you moving to wherever it is that they have this wonderful system you crave so badly... :seeya
Hmmmmm.....

Whose expertise am I going to side with on this matter.

The idealogue that thinks we have a better system in the US than the rest the developed world because Mick Jagger had his heart surgery in New York?

or

The brilliant doctors who actually perform the surgeries on the Mick Jagger's of the world. You know the extremely educated medical professionals who overwhelmingly support socialized medicine. Folks with intimate knowledge of the cost of care and compensation for their craft both domestically and abroad; and the overall health results of the populations served by various systems around the globe.

I'm really going to have to think about this one.
don't bother "thinking" just move there before it's too late...you can literally go to " the rest of the developed world" and find the holy grail right now... and you wont have to worry about trump being your president either...seems like a win win....

don't let the door hit ya...

buh byeeeeeeeeee...... :seeya
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Yep, still embarrassed for you hatter.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Yep, still embarrassed for you hatter.
whatever you need to tell yourself...

keep us posted on your fantasy impeachment, single payer, hillary landslide, unicorn ranch and whatever other delusions you have...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

20 years ago I was dead set against it and convinced the socialized health care systems of the rest of the world would become substandard.

Two decades later, most of Europe has care just as good as the U.S. and often with better outcomes. That's hard to argue with. I've also seen first hand how our system harms people of limited means. I've also noted how our costs seem to be spiraling out of control.

So I changed my position. I think the data supports socialized medicine being the better system overall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:20 years ago I was dead set against it and convinced the socialized health care systems of the rest of the world would become substandard.

Two decades later, most of Europe has care just as good as the U.S. and often with better outcomes. That's hard to argue with. I've also seen first hand how our system harms people of limited means. I've also noted how our costs seem to be spiraling out of control.

So I changed my position. I think the data supports socialized medicine being the better system overall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
seems like most of europe would be a good fit for you...take dickheadskier with you...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

no one seems to give a fvck except the one idiot to the left of you....

:beat :zzz :seeya
Last edited by madhatter on Oct 22nd, '19, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote:For it or against it? Explain your position.
Make sure you purge any providers that might not be aligned with the party ideology. :like
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I think the issue with socialized medicine is access.

European countries with socialized medicine have a higher percentage of access compared to their US counterparts. However, countries with socialized medicine do not have access to the same number of innovative therapies available to US citizens. The limit of access to innovative therapies is a symptom of socialized medicine.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

I think the best argument against socialized medicine is the idea that it will inhibit or restrict access to innovation in medicine. I think it's a real concern, but I also think there are ways to mitigate that issue.

One reason I don't like the idea of Medicare for all is that it will put a single entity in control of paying for everyone's health care. The U.S. is too big and diverse for that, and I think we should instead set up multiple competing quasi-public entities to provide health benefits. That way there is some level of competition. I believe this sort of thing has been done in other places (Israel, for instance).

Another concept is to put each state in charge of medical care for their own citizens, though have 50 separate bureaucracies seems like overkill. But this is sort of already done with medicaid right now, so the infrastructure may to some degree already be in place.

Bottom line though is I think we need to put professionals with actual knowledge in charge of this process, both in coming up with a plan and in implementing that plan.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:I think the best argument against socialized medicine is the idea that it will inhibit or restrict access to innovation in medicine. I think it's a real concern, but I also think there are ways to mitigate that issue.

One reason I don't like the idea of Medicare for all is that it will put a single entity in control of paying for everyone's health care. The U.S. is too big and diverse for that, and I think we should instead set up multiple competing quasi-public entities to provide health benefits. That way there is some level of competition. I believe this sort of thing has been done in other places (Israel, for instance).

Another concept is to put each state in charge of medical care for their own citizens, though have 50 separate bureaucracies seems like overkill. But this is sort of already done with medicaid right now, so the infrastructure may to some degree already be in place.

Bottom line though is I think we need to put professionals with actual knowledge in charge of this process, both in coming up with a plan and in implementing that plan.
like this guy???

in case yer too stupid to understand...

GFYS

you gotta do what they tell you, the rest of us most certainly do not...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Ahh yes,

Can always count on Hatter to have an emotional response while choosing to ignore data. Your opinions on the subject are always rooted in your politics and regressive ideology.

But Mick Jagger......
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Ahh yes,

Can always count on Hatter to have an emotional response while choosing to ignore data. Your opinions on the subject are always rooted in your politics and regressive ideology. this is the ULTIMATE in projection....

But Mick Jagger......
you really are one dumb fvck ain't you?

yer idiot counterpart is screaming for "intellectuals" to take charge...like gruber who designed his plan to take advantage of idiots like you...

'Medicare for All' Would Cost $32.6 Trillion: Study - Bloomberg

let us know where yer gonna get the money for that huh gruber?

seems yer among the dumbest of the fvcking dumb yet completely oblivious to the fact...gruber obviously knows his audience...stupidity of the american voter describes you perfectly...
mach es sehr schnell