Tatoos Anyone?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

I know too many people that came to regret them after only a few years of having them. I had a roomate who jumped on the tattoo bandwagon when another roomate of ours went to get his. He went to the tattoo joint, picked one off the wall that was appealing to him and got it put on his back right below his neck. When he came home and we all got a look at it we realized it looked very much like the Roxy women's swimwear symbol (Two hands making a heart shape) Kinda sad yet funny at the same time.

I think tribal armband tattoos are one of the worst tattoo fads aside from the female "Above the ass" tattoo (seriously, if you had a beautiful piece of art hangning on your wall would you go scribble a picture in black ink at the top of it?) If you're going to get something inked on your body for the rest of your life at least make it something original. It must suck going to the beach, etc. and seeing 15 other guys with the same tattoo as you. I mean it seems like it just defeats the individuality purpose of a tattoo in the first place.
Some things just can't be bought......
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

I have my social security number bar coded on my neck

f*cking hardcore...
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

shortski wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
shortski wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:Got a tatoo 24 years ago while I was in the service.
Does it say Hal U. Dewin :lol:
No, it's lightning bolts.
Oh, like this

lol...shortski made a funny! No wonder HE'S banging on the groupie k-zone chicks now..
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

SkiDork wrote:
But the _reason_ for wanting it was being a WTC survivor.

Just one of many...
Holocaust survivors have tatoos on their arms...courtesy of the Germans, of course.

You want to honor those who died and the fact that you got out in time? Live each day like it's a gift and forget the tatoo.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Bubba wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
But the _reason_ for wanting it was being a WTC survivor.

Just one of many...
Holocaust survivors have tatoos on their arms...courtesy of the Germans, of course.

You want to honor those who died and the fact that you got out in time? Live each day like it's a gift and forget the tatoo.
I am
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Tatoos Anyone?

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Stormin_Aussie wrote:Just wondering if anyone on this board has been inked? And to keep it ski-related still some snow peaking through the clouds on Superstar.
Personally I don't like them. As someone else has already stated some people that had them done have come to regret that decision in later years especially if they had the name of their then girlfriend/boyfriend in that tatoo.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

tyrolean_skier wrote:As someone else has already stated some people that had them done have come to regret that decision in later years especially if they had the name of their then girlfriend/boyfriend in that tatoo.
seriously...I can't even count the number of dudes I see with "bubba"....that guy got around!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:As someone else has already stated some people that had them done have come to regret that decision in later years especially if they had the name of their then girlfriend/boyfriend in that tatoo.
seriously...I can't even count the number of dudes I see with "bubba"....that guy got around!
This thread is useless without pictures. :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Bubba wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
This thread is useless without pictures. :lol:
LOL :lol:
KrisSkis
Black Carver

Post by KrisSkis »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Stormin_Aussie wrote:Just wondering if anyone on this board has been inked? And to keep it ski-related still some snow peaking through the clouds on Superstar.
Personally I don't like them. As someone else has already stated some people that had them done have come to regret that decision in later years especially if they had the name of their then girlfriend/boyfriend in that tatoo.
I got inked for the first time last year. I agree with Ty abouty having a guys/girls name on your body forever...so i designed my own and had my childrens names put on my skin...they are forever...my husband...you never know :D I would love to get another one...but dont know where on my body or of what i want. I love them...love tats on guys as well as girls...as long as their body isnt plastered with them...3 or 4 or even 5 is ok...anything more is crazy...i will post a picture of my tat in the gallery that was taken when i first got it...it definately looks much better now that the redness is gone...BTW...they hurt like a bastard going on...but its like labor...you forget the pain :D
To hell with Utah...send the snow here :-)
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

KrisSkis wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
I got inked for the first time last year. I agree with Ty abouty having a guys/girls name on your body forever...so i designed my own and had my childrens names put on my skin...they are forever...my husband...you never know :D I would love to get another one...but dont know where on my body or of what i want. I love them...love tats on guys as well as girls...as long as their body isnt plastered with them...3 or 4 or even 5 is ok...anything more is crazy...i will post a picture of my tat in the gallery that was taken when i first got it...it definately looks much better now that the redness is gone...BTW...they hurt like a bastard going on...but its like labor...you forget the pain :D
why don't you start a trend and get one on your lower back or something...

you seem like totally the coors light/bud can kind of chick, I can totally see you putting tributes to your kids and crap all over your body...
KrisSkis
Black Carver

Post by KrisSkis »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
KrisSkis wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
why don't you start a trend and get one on your lower back or something...

you seem like totally the coors light/bud can kind of chick, I can totally see you putting tributes to your kids and crap all over your body...
you are an ass...did anyone ever tell you that? now go away.
To hell with Utah...send the snow here :-)
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I agree getting a girl/boy friends name on you is stoupid, I wouldnt even put my wife on my body, but If I have children I might have them inked on me, also I must say that going to a tatoo parlor and picking something off a wall is stupid too. I dont want something on me that could also be on someone else. Every tatoo I have/ will ever get will be 100% original, and have meaning to my life. there will be a story to go with the tatoo, Its kind of like a scar, there should be a good story (on a side not, what is strange is the new thing, people are getting branded) also I have all my ink in places that will be covered when weraing buisness atire.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

daytripper wrote:I wouldnt even put my wife on my body, but If I have children I might have them inked on me,
Might be tough to have kiddies if you never let your wife on your body......
:D

I love people who get Kanji characters tattoed on their body's. Most apparently pick them 'cause they like the way they look but they have no idea what they actually mean. Seen people with the stupidest sh*t tattoed on them.

Sort of like a non-English speaker getting "I'm an asshole" tattooed on his arm cause he likes the way the letters look.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
daytripper wrote:I wouldnt even put my wife on my body, but If I have children I might have them inked on me,
Might be tough to have kiddies if you never let your wife on your body......
:D

I love people who get Kanji characters tattoed on their body's. Most apparently pick them 'cause they like the way they look but they have no idea what they actually mean. Seen people with the stupidest sh*t tattoed on them.

Sort of like a non-English speaker getting "I'm an asshole" tattooed on his arm cause he likes the way the letters look.
Best part of stupid Kanji "characters" is that by themselves they have sound but no actual meaning. Really dumb to have only part of a phrase, like \\ without a ^ above or something.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?