Anyone at Port Authority This Morning?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Anyone at Port Authority This Morning?

Post by Skibumtress »

So.... no traffic this morning on my commute into the city..... then all traffic in the bus lane is stopped in the middle of the tunnel. The bus dispatcher gets on and says "Port Authority is closed, please drop your passengers off on the street." Finally get out of the tunnel, and all the buses are being directed to the bus ramp into PA (mind you PA is closed). We're stopped on the ramp. Police come with the bull horns and say "Clear the area, clear the area." So all the the passengers get off the buses on the ramp. The streets were full of people (just like when we had the black out a couple of years ago). Get to 40th and 9th and was told you have to go south (I work cross town and up town). Firetrucks, police, ambulances all over the place. Find out later, someone left an unattended suitcase in the bus garage.... they were concerned 'cause it wasn't in the area where people walk. :roll:
No wonder why I don't want to work in the city anymore. :?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Then how did you get to work?
Where is Happy Hour ?
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

RustyK wrote:Then how did you get to work?
Walked. About a mile and a half which I don't mind at all but I was 40 minutes late.. and I didn't have comfortable shoes on (uncomfortable shoes = girl thing). :?

Usually take the E Train from PA to work but that was out of the question.

It was kind of eery tho 'cause no one knew what was going on. Didn't find out until I got to work.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

omg....skibumtress said "port"

lol..

"port" authority...

I wonder if she drinks on the way to work...

alabama slammers

vodka bongs

port, port and more port...

I see a pattern here

lol

lol...
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Hey Hal.... thanks for the idea for my new "location" in my profile.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Anyone at Port Authority This Morning?

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Skibumtress wrote:So.... no traffic this morning on my commute into the city..... then all traffic in the bus lane is stopped in the middle of the tunnel. The bus dispatcher gets on and says "Port Authority is closed, please drop your passengers off on the street." Finally get out of the tunnel, and all the buses are being directed to the bus ramp into PA (mind you PA is closed). We're stopped on the ramp. Police come with the bull horns and say "Clear the area, clear the area." So all the the passengers get off the buses on the ramp. The streets were full of people (just like when we had the black out a couple of years ago). Get to 40th and 9th and was told you have to go south (I work cross town and up town). Firetrucks, police, ambulances all over the place. Find out later, someone left an unattended suitcase in the bus garage.... they were concerned 'cause it wasn't in the area where people walk. :roll:
Holy Cow Skibumtress I picked a good day to work from home I see. Must have been chaotic in Times Square as well.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Re: Anyone at Port Authority This Morning?

Post by Skibumtress »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Skibumtress wrote:So.... no traffic this morning on my commute into the city..... then all traffic in the bus lane is stopped in the middle of the tunnel. The bus dispatcher gets on and says "Port Authority is closed, please drop your passengers off on the street." Finally get out of the tunnel, and all the buses are being directed to the bus ramp into PA (mind you PA is closed). We're stopped on the ramp. Police come with the bull horns and say "Clear the area, clear the area." So all the the passengers get off the buses on the ramp. The streets were full of people (just like when we had the black out a couple of years ago). Get to 40th and 9th and was told you have to go south (I work cross town and up town). Firetrucks, police, ambulances all over the place. Find out later, someone left an unattended suitcase in the bus garage.... they were concerned 'cause it wasn't in the area where people walk. :roll:
Holy Cow Skibumtress I picked a good day to work from home I see. Must have been chaotic in Times Square as well.
A little, but the further uptown and crosstown you went it was people traffic as usual, although everyone was trying to get on the buses cross town.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Skibumtress wrote:Hey Hal.... thanks for the idea for my new "location" in my profile.

no problem...shame this bb doesn't have location and occupation like some others, you could list "port" authority for both...

lol

lol

that's why you <3 me bummy, despite what all these meanies say...
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:that's why you <3 me bummy, despite what all these meanies say...
No, not really..... but you just gave me a good idea. :P
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Skibumtress wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:that's why you <3 me bummy, despite what all these meanies say...
No, not really..... but you just gave me a good idea. :P
yeah..I know...you think I took a personal jab at you...no...just commented on things you posted publicly here for everyone to read....no reason to personally attack you....that I know of....

whatever...

I could be like snowsprite and some others on here that change their stories every 15 minutes based on what they think people like to hear, like posting on a hardcore ski board that they ski 9-4 w/o taking ever taking a break for lunch, maybe an energy bar or something and then post on the another, less hardcore board suggestions on how to make these intricate lunches in preparation for the day...or how their son is "tough" on one board and how he is "scared" of almost eveything on another...god how much life must suck working so hard to impress and be accepted by others...or stormchaser who posts pictures of lines of cocaine and him lapping up taco sauce off coke whores from Norway...or mogulmouse who posts picture after picture of his bong and related stash...or shortski who is obviously going through some sort of mid-life crisis and putting pictures in his signatures without any regard for the people who might open them up at work...or vinny and his 15 aliases who are self-appointed vigilantes for k-zone.....

of course, if it was anyone else who posted that, you would have responded with a :lol: ....not this time though, too much pressure from your friends not to encourage and validate the "problem"...lest not forget that it was less than a year and a half ago that you were soooooooo eager to give me your home number and trade pictures so you could have a "better idea" who you were "having so much fun chatting with" in k-chat...and subsequently driving alone with to Sugarbush....such a bad judge of character you must be....or maybe just a victim of groupthink.
Last edited by Hal U. Dewin on May 26th, '05, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Seriously, no peer pressure here. Was never into that and never will be.
"Whatever....", yes, let's just leave it at that....o.k.?
I was being sarcastic in my own lil' way, hence the emoticon I used instead of the "devil frown."

EDIT (to your edit :wink: ): The only reason why I gave you my home number is because you thought I was someone else and I had no idea why as I was a newbie to the board at the time.
Last edited by Skibumtress on May 26th, '05, 23:38, edited 3 times in total.
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

I think I need to start drinking earlier to understand what's goin' on here
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Skibumtress wrote:Seriously, no peer pressure here. Was never into that and never will be.
I was being sarcastic in my own lil' way, hence the emoticon I used instead of the "devil frown."

EDIT (to your edit :wink: ): The only reason why I gave you my home number is because you thought I was someone else and I had no idea why.
the only reason? sounds like peer pressure :wink:

btw, you edited three times to my one...
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Skibumtress wrote:Seriously, no peer pressure here. Was never into that and never will be.

EDIT (to your edit :wink: ): The only reason why I gave you my home number is because you thought I was someone else and I had no idea why.

Touche. :wink:

And yes, I edited three times 'cause I'm freakin tired....it's been a long day.
Last edited by Skibumtress on May 26th, '05, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Skibumtress wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:

Touche. :wink:
night...