COVID-19

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: COVID-19

Post by Highway Star »

Dickc wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:You continue to disprove your argument with the complete context of the materials you present to support your opinion. You act as if you can take a single utterance, spoken by a disorganized at times speaker, ignore the entirety of the content and context, and then proclaim that short clipped utterance is a lie, when Trump's complete answer disproves your contention: "I didn’t say it’s not [coming back]. I said if it does..."
He says it will come back at a smaller scale AND he’s not sure what the magnitude / scale will be AND it might not come back at all.

Trump speaks out of both sides of his mouth, intentionally or in error.

You’re willing to disregard the more outlandish comments he makes on the grounds:

- He’s a poor speaker
- He’s contradicted himself at some other point in a discussion

I’m unwilling to disregard his outlandish comments, which are often lies/fabrications. This doesn’t make me either of us right ... we both know, however, COVID will be with us this fall unfortunately.
XJ, Let me dumb it down really really far for you. Everyone THINKS it might come back in the fall, but there is a chance it MAY NOT. No one will know until it does what ever its going to do. Saying it will come back is an opinion. Saying it might not come back is an opinion. We will know what it does in the fall. Until then, either opinion could very well be correct.

Is that so hard to understand? :beat :beat :beat
There's no way it's coming back in the fall, because there's no way it's going away in the summer. Buckle up cupcake.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Highway Star wrote: There's no way it's coming back in the fall, because there's no way it's going away in the summer. Buckle up cupcake.
There's a difference between reduced and gone.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

My best friend's grandmother got her stimulus check today.

She died on October 8th
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:My best friend's grandmother got her stimulus check today.

She died on October 8th
will probably vote for biden on nov 3rd too...j/k

stimulus checks should have been far more targeted....anything going fwd definitely needs to be...

follow up on the last conversation about ventilators if you can...what's changed? whats happening going fwd? the rush is over but ramped up production is still ongoing as far as I know...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Well, we did get emergency FDA clearance and brought over 700 vents to help hospitals in the Northeast. From what I've seen it's really been hospital dependent in terms of vent capacity.

I spoke with a Harvard teaching hospital in Boston today. They had received a dozen vents from US stockpile. They were all in bad condition and 20 years old. Biggest problem was they lacked the ability to hook up to a nurse call system, which is problematic because such systems are designed to limit the need for care providers to go into a room. So, basically to use them, they have to leave the patient door open to hear the alarms. Not what you want when trying to isolate someone with an infectious disease. This same hospital had converted 40 of their 55 Anesthesia machines to ICU vents. This is also not ideal. An Anesthesia machine needs to be rechecked by hospital biomedical engineers every 24 hours with certain disposable items swapped out. That means a respiratory therapist has to manually bag ventilate the patient during those ten minutes the engineer resets the Anesthesia machine. It creates more risk of exposure to two workers. A standard ICU vent can run for weeks without being recalibrated. On this hospital's worst day, they were using every traditional vent they had plus 35 of 40 converted Anesthesia machines. So, if they were running surgeries as normal, they would've been 35 machines short.

The state of VT received I believe 16 vents from the National stockpile. Not a single one of them was operable or repairable. They ended up buying 20 from us for their own stockpile, which is maintained by UVM Health.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Well, we did get emergency FDA clearance and brought over 700 vents to help hospitals in the Northeast. From what I've seen it's really been hospital dependent in terms of vent capacity.

I spoke with a Harvard teaching hospital in Boston today. They had received a dozen vents from US stockpile. They were all in bad condition and 20 years old. Biggest problem was they lacked the ability to hook up to a nurse call system, which is problematic because such systems are designed to limit the need for care providers to go into a room. So, basically to use them, they have to leave the patient door open to hear the alarms. Not what you want when trying to isolate someone with an infectious disease. This same hospital had converted 40 of their 55 Anesthesia machines to ICU vents. This is also not ideal. An Anesthesia machine needs to be rechecked by hospital biomedical engineers every 24 hours with certain disposable items swapped out. That means a respiratory therapist has to manually bag ventilate the patient during those ten minutes the engineer resets the Anesthesia machine. It creates more risk of exposure to two workers. A standard ICU vent can run for weeks without being recalibrated. On this hospital's worst day, they were using every traditional vent they had plus 35 of 40 converted Anesthesia machines. So, if they were running surgeries as normal, they would've been 35 machines short.

The state of VT received I believe 16 vents from the National stockpile. Not a single one of them was operable or repairable. They ended up buying 20 from us for their own stockpile, which is maintained by UVM Health.
no surprise that the gov stockpile was old, outdated and in poor condition....that's the whole problem w the "stockpiling" of anything...

you getting emergency FDA clearance seems like a big deal given your expected timeline... I saw an interview w kushner talking about the plan they used to ensure that ventilators got where they needed and was pretty impressed...first time i've seen anything from him...did you or your company deal directly with him?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Also should add, the economic fallout for hospitals is going to be extreme. Doubtful the $100B goes very far. More will be needed or massive amounts of hospitals will close.

I know of a health system in Mass with $4.5B in annual revenue. They lost $300M in the month of March alone. I'd say at this point 90+% of all US hospitals will finish the year in the red.

Business is going to be interesting the next 2-3 years. On the one hand, hospitals are coming to the realization that they have been unprepared for such an event and need to invest. On the other they won't have the money to do it. A lot more leasing I expect, which many hospitals are traditionally against doing.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:Well, we did get emergency FDA clearance and brought over 700 vents to help hospitals in the Northeast. From what I've seen it's really been hospital dependent in terms of vent capacity.

no surprise that the gov stockpile was old, outdated and in poor condition....that's the whole problem w the "stockpiling" of anything...

you getting emergency FDA clearance seems like a big deal given your expected timeline... I saw an interview w kushner talking about the plan they used to ensure that ventilators got where they needed and was pretty impressed...first time i've seen anything from him...did you or your company deal directly with him?
I don't believe we dealt with Kushner. I'll likely learn more about the process the next time I head to the corporate office for a meeting when I can catch up with the R&D guys who deal with the FDA. My role in at all was limited. Reps in hot spots were told to reach out to hospitals that met a specific criteria and ask if they had a need. Once discovered, I'd then put them in contact with our company President who handled it from there. It wasn't business as normal where I just try and find sales opportunities anywhere and everywhere and handle 90% of the dealings. This was targeted to make sure the products went to hospitals that truly had a need and weren't hoarding equipment.

As for the stockpile; I have mentioned prior, that it could be managed with public / private partnerships. We have 7 strategic warehouses around the country with key products available for emergencies. It's basically set up such that any hospital in the country could receive what they need within 24 hours. It's insurance against something disrupting our normal supply chain practices. Depending on the product, it will remain in the emergency warehouse from 1 to 3 years. When it's time is up, replacement products are shipped out, the aging ones are recalled and then we sell them used for short money. So, my idea would be for the Feds to put out bids to private business to be partners in the reserves. Companies like mine would give the feds a screaming deal because it's predictable revenue. Then you handle it the same way. The Ventilator, PPE, Monitoring etc. partners each manage their category for the Fed. When the product needs to be replaced to keep current, the vendor then sells it used with an agreed upon straight depreciation dollar amount going back to the Fed to help buy replacements. This lightly used product could be shipped off to critical access hospitals, which the Fed ultimately ends up funding many of their equipment buys anyway.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:

I don't believe we dealt with Kushner. I'll likely learn more about the process the next time I head to the corporate office for a meeting when I can catch up with the R&D guys who deal with the FDA. My role in at all was limited. Reps in hot spots were told to reach out to hospitals that met a specific criteria and ask if they had a need. Once discovered, I'd then put them in contact with our company President who handled it from there. It wasn't business as normal where I just try and find sales opportunities anywhere and everywhere and handle 90% of the dealings. This was targeted to make sure the products went to hospitals that truly had a need and weren't hoarding equipment.

As for the stockpile; I have mentioned prior, that it could be managed with public / private partnerships. We have 7 strategic warehouses around the country with key products available for emergencies. It's basically set up such that any hospital in the country could receive what they need within 24 hours. It's insurance against something disrupting our normal supply chain practices. Depending on the product, it will remain in the emergency warehouse from 1 to 3 years. When it's time is up, replacement products are shipped out, the aging ones are recalled and then we sell them used for short money. So, my idea would be for the Feds to put out bids to private business to be partners in the reserves. Companies like mine would give the feds a screaming deal because it's predictable revenue. Then you handle it the same way. The Ventilator, PPE, Monitoring etc. partners each manage their category for the Fed. When the product needs to be replaced to keep current, the vendor then sells it used with an agreed upon straight depreciation dollar amount going back to the Fed to help buy replacements. This lightly used product could be shipped off to critical access hospitals, which the Fed ultimately ends up funding many of their equipment buys anyway.
Private companies like yours should always be used over a governmental run program. Better outcomes for less cost.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The chairwoman of the Arizona Republican Party is encouraging people planning to protest stay-at-home orders imposed amid the coronavirus pandemic to dress like health care workers.

Recently, several health care workers around the country have worn their scrubs and medical gear to counterprotest against people calling for states to reopen against the urgings of medical experts.

Dr. Kelli Ward, a former state senator and primary care physician, tweeted on Friday that people participating in protests to end the government-imposed closures of regular business should wear scrubs and masks.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

XJ called it right on GILD weeks ago ! :Toast
How much do I owe on that trading tip ?

Kushner is nearly as pathetic as Magoo :sad:

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

brownman wrote:XJ called it right on GILD weeks ago ! :Toast

GILD is promising but still some ways to go. Stock up a modest 12% so depending on how many stocks you did okay. As Peter Lynch would say ... Big companies have small moves, small companies have big moves. Takes a lot to move GILD.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:XJ called it right on GILD weeks ago ! :Toast

clearly you didn't listen to anything kushner said...no surprise being a complete lefty knobgobler...

not so sure the remdisvir is going to pan out...but you can pretend you made a killing on it anyway...we all believe you :roll:
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/29/gilead- ... trial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Scott Gottlieb, shortly after the Gilead news was released, described remdesivir as “part of a better toolbox” for dealing with the coronavirus. But he said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” that it’s “not a home run, a cure by any means.”

“It’s not going to be a cure, but it is going to be a drug potentially that if you use it particularly early in the course of the disease ... it could reduce their chances of having a really bad outcome,” he said.

Gilead shares have seesawed in recent weeks as investors bet on developments for treatments for the coronavirus.

Earlier this month, Gilead stock surged after details leaked about one of its clinical trials, showing what appeared to be promising results in treating the disease. The University of Chicago found that patients with Covid-19 had “rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms” and were discharged in less than a week, according to STAT News.

The company’s stock fell last week after multiple reports, citing a draft document that was accidentally published by the World Health Organization, said the drug did not improve Covid-19 patients’ conditions or reduce the virus’ presence in the bloodstream in a clinical trial in China.
so how many millions did you make brownhole? I'm gonna guess zero...which seems to be on par w yer IQ...
mach es sehr schnell

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Thanks again XJ for the tip :Toast
Incremental gains are always good.

.. Butch with the endless nothing .. :sad:

Forever .. Goat Path