NSR: Corona Virus - You Can Start Panicking Now

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: NSR: Corona Virus - You Can Start Panicking Now

Post by daytripper »

Wasn't very old, but didn't live the healthiest lifestyle either, ate dinner in a bar most nights so that should give you an idea of his health. Nicest guy in the world though. Would put many things in his body but not a vaccine. Went to the hospital Xmas Eve and died 3 weeks later of kidney failure.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

That's terrible, Daytripper, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

I agree that staffing was an issue, but part of the reason is that this time around, lots of vaccinated people got Omicron. I know of 4 staffers at my wife's office, all fully vaccinated and boosted, that got Omicron, and none of them were asymptomatic. In addition to that, talk to someone who worked in the ER. They'll tell you there was a huge uptick in covid admissions, almost all unvaccinated, and many were demanding things like ivermectin and becoming irate when the hospital refused to administer it.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Lots of vaccinated people (me included) caught the omicron, I had a mild case like most. Very few them ended up in the hospital. Most unvaccinated only had mild cases as well so hopefully that gives a lot more people some natural immunity. We have definitely turned a corner on this thing.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 2nd, '22, 09:09
Guy in Shorts wrote: Feb 1st, '22, 11:18 As I said last month this Covid thing is history in my world.
If you worked at a hospital or knew someone who did, January was a pretty rough month. It was certainly not over in their world. Hopefully the omicron spike will be the last time hospitals have to cancel elective surgeries and force nurses and staff to work ridiculous overtime because of Covid.
You can lecture this old retired ski bum on the reality of the outside world but I do keep my finger on the pulse. My Mother required hospice care for the final two weeks of her life last month. The nuns from the local Franciscan care that we had planned to use had all come with Covid between Christmas and New Years after keeping virus free for two years. Luckily our family was able to answer the call keeping Mom in her home as she wished. She lived a long great life and it was a blessing we were all there. I will concede January was a rough month but most of us survived.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

From Time Magazine

We Can't Just Impose Restrictions Whenever COVID-19 Surges. Here's a Better Plan for 2022

https://time.com/6131104/rethinking-cov ... ions-2022/
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Vermont case count coming down rapidly.
COVID 2 4 22 VT.jpg
COVID 2 4 22 VT.jpg (57.15 KiB) Viewed 717 times
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

You'd think someone with comorbidities would mask up, but rules for thee but not for me...
Attachments
Stacey-Abrams-kids.jpg
Stacey-Abrams-kids.jpg (92.89 KiB) Viewed 684 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

NJ is dropping the mask mandate for public schools. Will VT be doing the same soon?

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Feb 7th, '22, 15:24 NJ is dropping the mask mandate for public schools. Will the rest of the US be doing the same soon?
Fixed it for you.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Wait - I thought the masks were a symbol of control by the liberal elite, and that once they had that control, they would never surrender it? You're telling me Democrat Phil Murphy is letting that go?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 7th, '22, 16:03 Wait - I thought the masks were a symbol of control by the liberal elite, and that once they had that control, they would never surrender it? You're telling me Democrat Phil Murphy is letting that go?
The liberal elite have realized that it is not polling well and it's time to move on. Also, too many assholes like Abrahams are being proven as hypocrites.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Oh, because it polled so well when it was first implemented? Sheesh. Occam's razor, man. The narrative was bullsh!t to begin with, as I pointed out last year:
easyrider16 wrote: May 20th, '21, 22:00 Question - how on earth is wearing a mask in any way related to a left-wing agenda? Do you people think wearing a mask will cause people to suddenly support more liberal policies? Do you think that politicians who tell people to wear masks will somehow become more popular? I don't get the connection.

You can tell me it's about control, but my response is, to what end? What does it achieve to force people to wear masks unnecessarily? Seems to me the only thing it would accomplish is pissing people off, and I have no idea why the left would want to do that.
You would think this would be one of those lightbulb moments when people who listen to the opinion folks on Fox News et. al. would realize they'd been had. But I guess tribalism wins out over common sense most of the time.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 8th, '22, 07:07You would think this would be one of those lightbulb moments when people who listen to the opinion folks on Fox News et. al. would realize they'd been had.
Joe Rogan also comes to mind.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 8th, '22, 07:07 Oh, because it polled so well when it was first implemented? Sheesh. Occam's razor, man. The narrative was bullsh!t to begin with, as I pointed out last year:
easyrider16 wrote: May 20th, '21, 22:00 Question - how on earth is wearing a mask in any way related to a left-wing agenda? Do you people think wearing a mask will cause people to suddenly support more liberal policies? Do you think that politicians who tell people to wear masks will somehow become more popular? I don't get the connection.

You can tell me it's about control, but my response is, to what end? What does it achieve to force people to wear masks unnecessarily? Seems to me the only thing it would accomplish is pissing people off, and I have no idea why the left would want to do that.
You would think this would be one of those lightbulb moments when people who listen to the opinion folks on Fox News et. al. would realize they'd been had. But I guess tribalism wins out over common sense most of the time.
Fools like you (a.k.a. Biden voters) were more than happy to wear masks if the gubberment told them to, despite what the science says. "Jump? How high comrade?"

Now that the evidence is abundantly clear that masks have little to no effect in stopping transmission (and are harming our children), and more and more elite liberal fools are being caught ignoring the rules, spineless Dem leaders have no choice but to end the mandates (they read the polls and watch the news and see that the country will not take it any more... like Canada).

If I didn't know better, it almost sounds like you and jibberish are disappointed that mask mandates are going away. How will you virtue signal now?

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Feb 8th, '22, 08:48 Now that the evidence is abundantly clear that masks have little to no effect in stopping transmission (and are harming our children)
I'm not sure what evidence you're talking about, because this has never been true and is not true now. The primary reason governments are ceasing mask mandates is that community spread has dropped significantly and herd immunity has increased significantly. Which is exactly what they said would trigger cessation of mask mandates when they first introduced them. If I am missing something, please explain what it might be?