Close of the Season

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Close of the Season

Post by Skibumtress »

First all.... thanks to all the K-Zoners who made my first full season up a K a GREAT one! Although a little depressing that the season has ended, it was a great weekend!
Here are some pics..... enjoy.

http://community.webshots.com/album/357110913gJxvUr

And to you Skiladi.... it was nice to finally meet you in person!! Hope to do some turns with you next season.
Last edited by Skibumtress on May 30th, '05, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Nice shots Bummy!
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
wannabeskibum
Bumper

Post by wannabeskibum »

andyzee wrote:Nice shots Bummy!
Ditto that!

It was great seeing all you guys - have a good summer!
Skis - Blizzard Brahma 88, Nordica Enforcer 104
Age - over 45 years @ Killington
Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Slap Shot »

Have a nice summer everyone!

On Memorial Day I went to Six Flags Great Adventure, and man was it busy! I have a feeling that it's going to be like this for the rest of the summer. For those of you who are planning on going there this summer, this is what to expect:

-- this is my day ---

9:00am - Arrived at the parking lot gate, and waited 10 minutes to get in.

9:30 - The park gates opened, with lines of 50 feet long. Lines to get tickets were also 50 feet long. Good thing I have a season pass.

10:00 - The park opened allowing the "stampede" to go to Kingda Ka. I high-tailed it.

10:15 - I got to ride Kingda Ka. It's a good thing that I ran to the ride because the line was already three hours long.

10:20 - Ran to the Boardwalk area and discovered that Scream Machine and Superman were down. Scream Machine had about 150 people waiting for it to open.

10:25 - Jogged to Movietown and saw that the FastLane Q-bot line was already 100 feet long. I don't buy FastLane by the way. I rode the Chiller (walk-on), Free Fall (walk-on), and Batman (two train wait).

11:00 - Rode Nitro that was a 10 minute wait. By the end of the ride, the line had grown to be 20 minutes.

11:20 - Rode on Skull Mountain (walk-on), then jogged to MedUSA and rode it four times. Each ride was a two train wait. By 12:10 the line was starting to grow down the stairs. I heard that the line for Nitro had grown to be an hour, and the line for Kingda Ka was five hours.

12:20 - Went to Rolling Thunder, but it had a 30 minute wait so I skipped it.

12:30 - Went to Scream Machine, and waited for 30 minutes to ride it. During the ride, I could see that the parking lot was filled except for the far north west corner, and the line for Superman was two hours.

1:15 - After checking out the tigers in the new exhibit, I left. Totaling 11 runs on 8 major rides by 1pm is pretty darn good without a Q-bot. Considering that my record at Great Adventure is 16 runs on 10 major rides by 1pm, I had a good day.

By the way... the Viper is being taken down, and a new large wooden coaster will take its place in 2006.

When I was leaving, I could see that the park was going to get more crowded. The line for season pass processing was over 100 feet long, the lines waiting to get one-day tickets were still 50 feet long, and hundreds of people were in the parking lot making their way toward the park entrance. For those on the New Jersey Turnpike heading over to Great Adventure, there was a 20 minute delay getting off exit 7A.

4:00 - I was already home, and according to WCBS Radio, the tie-up going to Great Adventure went from exit 7A all the way to the merge. That's about ten miles give or take. I'll bet that they had a great adventure!

-- SS

"America will remain the land of the free only so long as it's the home of the brave." - Disabled American Veterans
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Slap Shot, you have a good one too!
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Put new border on walls
Setup crib.
Move in changing table
Mow lawn.
install backflow preventer so Hicksville won't shut water off
Burned ribs.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Get a haircut Don. You hipie bastard.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

CAPBOY wrote:Put new border on walls
Setup crib.
Move in changing table
Man do I remember those days.

Installed 3 room a/c's, steam cleaned the living room carpet (a must with dogs and kids), threw out a bunch of sh*t that's been sitting in the garage for weeks, went to see Star Wars, split a bottle of wine with the Mrs.

And to not have a lift running with that much snow is a friggin sin. Bet the season could've went to mid June.......
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Setup crib.
Move in changing table

Installed 3 room a/c's, steam cleaned the living room carpet (a must with dogs and kids), threw out a bunch of sh*t that's been sitting in the garage for weeks, went to see Star Wars, split a bottle of wine with the Mrs.

And to not have a lift running with that much snow is a friggin sin. Bet the season could've went to mid June.......
whoa hold on a minute.... your not ditchin the futon are you?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Setup crib.
Move in changing table

It is SkiNutDave's contention that had the lifts been opened the snow would have gone much faster. As it is from Saturday to today we lost a lot of snow. Today SBF and I decided it was not worth it to hike all the way up to the Superstar headwall so we hiked up to the point were above it was a huge stretch of grass. I enjoyed every turn I made on the snow and the hikes this weekend hopefully helped me lose some weight I had put on from too much partying recently.
Last edited by tyrolean_skier on May 31st, '05, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Thanks for posting the pictures Skibumtress.
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Slap Shot wrote:Have a nice summer everyone!

On Memorial Day I went to Six Flags Great Adventure, and man was it busy! I have a feeling that it's going to be like this for the rest of the summer. For those of you who are planning on going there this summer, this is what to expect:

-- this is my day ---

9:00am - Arrived at the parking lot gate, and waited 10 minutes to get in.

9:30 - The park gates opened, with lines of 50 feet long. Lines to get tickets were also 50 feet long. Good thing I have a season pass.

10:00 - The park opened allowing the "stampede" to go to Kingda Ka. I high-tailed it.

10:15 - I got to ride Kingda Ka. It's a good thing that I ran to the ride because the line was already three hours long.

10:20 - Ran to the Boardwalk area and discovered that Scream Machine and Superman were down. Scream Machine had about 150 people waiting for it to open.

10:25 - Jogged to Movietown and saw that the FastLane Q-bot line was already 100 feet long. I don't buy FastLane by the way. I rode the Chiller (walk-on), Free Fall (walk-on), and Batman (two train wait).

11:00 - Rode Nitro that was a 10 minute wait. By the end of the ride, the line had grown to be 20 minutes.

11:20 - Rode on Skull Mountain (walk-on), then jogged to MedUSA and rode it four times. Each ride was a two train wait. By 12:10 the line was starting to grow down the stairs. I heard that the line for Nitro had grown to be an hour, and the line for Kingda Ka was five hours.

12:20 - Went to Rolling Thunder, but it had a 30 minute wait so I skipped it.

12:30 - Went to Scream Machine, and waited for 30 minutes to ride it. During the ride, I could see that the parking lot was filled except for the far north west corner, and the line for Superman was two hours.

1:15 - After checking out the tigers in the new exhibit, I left. Totaling 11 runs on 8 major rides by 1pm is pretty darn good without a Q-bot. Considering that my record at Great Adventure is 16 runs on 10 major rides by 1pm, I had a good day.

By the way... the Viper is being taken down, and a new large wooden coaster will take its place in 2006.

When I was leaving, I could see that the park was going to get more crowded. The line for season pass processing was over 100 feet long, the lines waiting to get one-day tickets were still 50 feet long, and hundreds of people were in the parking lot making their way toward the park entrance. For those on the New Jersey Turnpike heading over to Great Adventure, there was a 20 minute delay getting off exit 7A.

4:00 - I was already home, and according to WCBS Radio, the tie-up going to Great Adventure went from exit 7A all the way to the merge. That's about ten miles give or take. I'll bet that they had a great adventure!

-- SS

"America will remain the land of the free only so long as it's the home of the brave." - Disabled American Veterans
How was Kingda Ka???
TacklingSnowmenSteve
Black Carver

Post by TacklingSnowmenSteve »

good thing they are getting rid of Viper.. man that ride would tear up my shoulders...

Hopefully I can get some good weekdays after work in since I live about 10 minutes from GA... If you get there around 430 after all the summer camps and stuff go home it is usually pretty empty until around 7 ish..

I'll have to check the place out... haven't been on superman yet..
It's my duty to please your booty.... ~Shaft
skiladi
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Close of the Season

Post by skiladi »

Skibumtress wrote:First all.... thanks to all the K-Zoners who made my first full season up a K a GREAT one! Although a little depressing that the season has ended, it was a great weekend!
Here are some pics..... enjoy.

http://community.webshots.com/album/357110913gJxvUr

And to you Skiladi.... it was nice to finally meet you in person!! Hope to do some turns with you next season.

Ditto. See you in November. ; }
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Setup crib.
Move in changing table
Mow lawn.
install backflow preventer so Hicksville won't shut water off
Burned ribs.
keep an eye on your H20 heater. Sometimes after people install backflow preventers the temp/pressure relief valve starts opening up. as a rep of a water heater manufacturer we see it all the time and people blame the water heater. If you had too much pressure in the past it is relieved to the street. Now that you have a BFP all the pressure is in the house with no place to go--- except- T/P valve. Keep an eye on it-- If it does start to drip you need an expansion tank installed.
1918 lives