Yankees Suck

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Jodi
Black Carver

Post by Jodi »

borgy wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:SO,was Arizona a bad team last season or is R.Johnson exactly what his record is? A .500 pitcher??
He is currently 5-5 with a ERA just under 5.00
The only team he has beaten that had a winning record at the time was Boston.That was the Fri. night game where Boston Pounded out 10 hits had 2 guy's thrown out at home and hit into 2 double plays!!
Getting back to A-Rod >THE CURSE OF A-ROD< looks REAL !!
I think you are a closet Yankee fan. You seem to be more fixated on Yankee stats then your own team.

One thing I do agree with you though. The curse of A-ROD. Scares the crap out of me. :lol: :lol:
Ha ha. Atomic still can't bring up the Redsox without speaking of the Yankees first. I just don't get it.

Instead of the "biggest comeback in history", it's the "biggest choke in history".

Instead of "Ortiz is the best clutch hitter in the game right now", it's "the curse of A-Rod".

Instead of "Redsox spent $130 to win their title", it's "Yankees payroll this and Yankees payroll that".

Why can't you just enjoy what your team did for you? I think the Borgster is correct by saying you are a closet Yankee fan Atomic.

At least we agree on football, but I just don't understand why you can't talk about the Redsox without bringing up the Yankees.

Just curious, do you think the 2004 ALCS was a bigger choke than Game 6 of the 1986 World Series? Do you think it was a bigger choke than selling babe Ruth? Do you think it was a bigger choke than Bucky's homer in that 163rd game? Do you think it was a bigger choke than Wakefield's knuckleball to Aaron Boone in that 12th inning?

When you reply, make sure you bring up the Yankees as much as possible. I know you will.
Abraham and Isaac
sitting on a fence
You'd get right to work
if you had any sense
Y'know the one thing we need
is a left-hand monkey wrench
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

borgy wrote:
Oh--- did I mention how much I hate the Mets :lol:
Why would you hate the Mets Borgy? Is it because they are having a pretty good season so far? Is it because they are only 1 game back versus the Yankees being 6 games back? It annoys me when the sports guy on the news always starts with the Yankees even if they lost that day and the Mets won that day. Shouldn't they tell the good news to the people of this city before giving the bad news?
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:
Why would you hate the Mets Borgy? Is it because they are having a pretty good season so far? Is it because they are only 1 game back versus the Yankees being 6 games back? It annoys me when the sports guy on the news always starts with the Yankees even if they lost that day and the Mets won that day. Shouldn't they tell the good news to the people of this city before giving the bad news?
They mention the Yankees first becuase they are NY's baseball team. The mets are just an after thought.
Jodi
Black Carver

Post by Jodi »

SPORE wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:
They mention the Yankees first becuase they are NY's baseball team. The mets are just an after thought.
Unfortunately for Met's fans, this is true. I don't hate the Met's, and neither does Bruce. We will actually root for the Met's as long as they're not playing the Yankees. Our real hatred is for the Redsox and the Islanders.

The fact that the Yankees are the New York team doesn't take away from the Mets. The Yanks were around for 60 years before the Mets were even a team. I also believe Yankee fans strongly outnumber Mets fans, due to nothing more than their history. There is no shame in being a Met's fan. There was not a Yankee fan alive not rooting for the Mets in the 1986 World Series.

Bruce is still working on 2 more tix for 6/26 at the stadium. Hope to see you there.
Abraham and Isaac
sitting on a fence
You'd get right to work
if you had any sense
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:
:lol: Ty--- don't take me so seriously when I jab at the Mets. It has nothing to do with where they are in the standings compared to the Yankees or anything like that.

As a member in good standing of section 39 at Yankee Stadium (Jodi knows someone from there too) it's politically correct to hate the Mets. It's just a silly thing they do out there. The bleacher creatures chant anti Met sayings when the Yanks arn't even playing the Mets.

Deep down inside I really don't hate them. it's a fun thing that some take too seriuosly, so please don't be offended.

Now if my compadre sec39c16 (he knows who he is) is reading this I'm in big trouble. I'll be ratted out the next game I go to and be exposed to no stop verbal assault.

Do you know what METS stands for

My Entire Team Sucks --- :wink:
1918 lives
Jodi
Black Carver

Post by Jodi »

borgy wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:
:lol: Ty--- don't take me so seriously when I jab at the Mets. It has nothing to do with where they are in the standings compared to the Yankees or anything like that.

As a member in good standing of section 39 at Yankee Stadium (Jodi knows someone from there too) it's politically correct to hate the Mets. It's just a silly thing they do out there. The bleacher creatures chant anti Met sayings when the Yanks arn't even playing the Mets.

Deep down inside I really don't hate them. it's a fun thing that some take too seriuosly, so please don't be offended.

Now if my compadre sec39c16 (he knows who he is) is reading this I'm in big trouble. I'll be ratted out the next game I go to and be exposed to no stop verbal assault.

Queen Tina, Foul Mouth Larry, Cowbell Milton, Sheriff Tom, and all the rest would kill you for this post, and me for mine above. Good thing those guys can't read.
Abraham and Isaac
sitting on a fence
You'd get right to work
if you had any sense
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Jodi wrote:
borgy wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:

Queen Tina, Foul Mouth Larry, Cowbell Milton, Sheriff Tom, and all the rest would kill you for this post, and me for mine above. Good thing those guys can't read.
Did you ever sit in the bleachers? I remember seeing Junior there but I don't recall ever seeing you there.
1918 lives
Jodi
Black Carver

Post by Jodi »

borgy wrote:
Jodi wrote:
borgy wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:

Did you ever sit in the bleachers? I remember seeing Junior there but I don't recall ever seeing you there.
We used to sit there all the time. Now we sit in Bruce's box seats (suck) behind 1st base. We were regulars there from about 92 to 98. Bruce was there regularly way before that, but yeah, I used to sit there all the time. We were in sec 39 right behind Larry and Tina, and right to the left of Tom. Milton was 3 rows in front of us. This was before they all became season tickets and alcohol was served.
Abraham and Isaac
sitting on a fence
You'd get right to work
if you had any sense
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

:lol:
1918 lives
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Jodi wrote:
SPORE wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:
Unfortunately for Met's fans, this is true. I don't hate the Met's, and neither does Bruce. We will actually root for the Met's as long as they're not playing the Yankees. Our real hatred is for the Redsox and the Islanders.

The fact that the Yankees are the New York team doesn't take away from the Mets. The Yanks were around for 60 years before the Mets were even a team. I also believe Yankee fans strongly outnumber Mets fans, due to nothing more than their history. There is no shame in being a Met's fan. There was not a Yankee fan alive not rooting for the Mets in the 1986 World Series.

Bruce is still working on 2 more tix for 6/26 at the stadium. Hope to see you there.
Do you know what time the game is? Snow Princess has a birthday party to attend from 12-2 so it would be nice if it was an evening game.
Jodi
Black Carver

Post by Jodi »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Jodi wrote:
SPORE wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:

Do you know what time the game is? Snow Princess has a birthday party to attend from 12-2 so it would be nice if it was an evening game.
1st pitch at 8:20 pm. Will be at the Yankee Tavern by 5. Hope we can get you guys the tickets next to us. Right now it's about 50/50, but keep the date open. Bruce usually pulls stuff like this off. We are friends with all the people that sit around us, and that's where your tix will come from. I'm pretty sure we can get 2 more. I'll stay in touch.
Abraham and Isaac
sitting on a fence
You'd get right to work
if you had any sense
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Because the Yankees out spend everyone else the LOCAL YANKEE FANS<at work> were all walking around with their A-ROD + R.Johnson jersey's way before either 1 of them stepped on the field.
I had to endure how the Yanks beat out Boston to both these guys<JUST LIKE CONTREARES :lol: > and how the Yanks were THE BEST TEAM EVER YADDA YADDA YADDDA,,,,,,,,,,,Money is no problem....Blah..Blah...
Well who could resist throwing it back at them! Because spending over 100 million more than Boston PLUS the Luxary Tax penalty put the Yankee payroll well over 300 million and they coughed it up at the end!
Up 3 games to 0,at home ,8th inning and Mariano coming in>>NEED I SAY MORE?
Truth is as much as I like the Red Sox I HATE the Yankees. All those years of watching the Yanks buy more and more players just to be that much better than Boston has finally caught up to them.
Old Boston owners NEVER spent more or went out and got what they needed.They would just stand pat and run out of gas in the end.
New Boston ownership has spent a little bit but have been both <GOOD = LUCKY>with every move they make.
I could list 10 yankee moves over the past calender year that were BUSTS.
I would be hard pressed to name 1 move for Boston that hasn't worked out over the same time!!
IMO That is the difference with these 2 teams as we speak.
Team MGMT...
Should be interesting to see how King George reacts.
Remember here Boston played Yanks and won 2 of 3,split 2-2 with Baltimore,took 2 of 3 from THE ANGELS and ae in ST Louis!!
Last time I looked those are some of THE CURRENT BEST teams in baseball<X-CEPT YANKS :wink: >
Yanks have been getting beat by>TAMPA BAY,K.C., Twins,Brewers and RED SOX.
Personally,I feel that after the Sox went into N.Y. and POuNDED the Yanks for 3 straight games,it sent the Yanks back into flashback of last season's playoffs and they still can't recover!
They KNOW BOSTON IS BETTER and they can't get over it :wink:
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Atomic1 wrote:Because the Yankees out spend everyone else the LOCAL YANKEE FANS<at work> were all walking around with their A-ROD + R.Johnson jersey's way before either 1 of them stepped on the field.
I had to endure how the Yanks beat out Boston to both these guys<JUST LIKE CONTREARES :lol: > and how the Yanks were THE BEST TEAM EVER YADDA YADDA YADDDA,,,,,,,,,,,Money is no problem....Blah..Blah...
Well who could resist throwing it back at them! Because spending over 100 million more than Boston PLUS the Luxary Tax penalty put the Yankee payroll well over 300 million and they coughed it up at the end!
Up 3 games to 0,at home ,8th inning and Mariano coming in>>NEED I SAY MORE?
Truth is as much as I like the Red Sox I HATE the Yankees. All those years of watching the Yanks buy more and more players just to be that much better than Boston has finally caught up to them.
Old Boston owners NEVER spent more or went out and got what they needed.They would just stand pat and run out of gas in the end.
New Boston ownership has spent a little bit but have been both <GOOD = LUCKY>with every move they make.
I could list 10 yankee moves over the past calender year that were BUSTS.
I would be hard pressed to name 1 move for Boston that hasn't worked out over the same time!!
IMO That is the difference with these 2 teams as we speak.
Team MGMT...
Should be interesting to see how King George reacts.
Remember here Boston played Yanks and won 2 of 3,split 2-2 with Baltimore,took 2 of 3 from THE ANGELS and ae in ST Louis!!
Last time I looked those are some of THE CURRENT BEST teams in baseball<X-CEPT YANKS :wink: >
Yanks have been getting beat by>TAMPA BAY,K.C., Twins,Brewers and RED SOX.
Personally,I feel that after the Sox went into N.Y. and POuNDED the Yanks for 3 straight games,it sent the Yanks back into flashback of last season's playoffs and they still can't recover!
They KNOW BOSTON IS BETTER and they can't get over it :wink:
Hey assclown.... How do you get the Yanks payroll over $300 million last season? I asked you this before but you seem to have missed/ignored it.

What about Jeff Suppan?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Last year, the Yankees paid a tax of $25,964,060 based on a final payroll of $207,046,868, according to the commissioner's office. Figures were adjusted slightly after the initial bill was sent in December, with New York's tax rising by $937,708.

$233,010,928 TOTAL

Alright , I stand corrected,so it's less than 300 million but still 100 million more than Bostons :lol:

Suppan actually did OK in Boston.I think he finished with a .500 record but he did even better pitching VS Boston last year in the World Series :wink: