Post by brownman »

Well...

Running is a sport
Bicycling is a sport
White water kayaking is a fun sport
Fishing kinda is
Golf kinda is

Although .. 10-4 on your basic point :Toast
Highlight reels and 30-30 beginning to run out of material.
You know it's bad when they're running OJ documentaries.

Hang in there :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Sports

Post by Bubba »

Will ESPN revert to reruns of Australian Rules Football from long ago? How about rerunning early Sports Center broadcasts?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

FIOS is showing ESPN 8 "The Ocho" which has some real goofy stuff (If you remember that was the channel that was broadcasting the dodgeball tourney in the movie of the same name). I watched an electricians competition. They had an hour to wire up a room. Fun stuff.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

brownman wrote:Running is a sport
Bicycling is a sport
Been running and biking for a while before this all happened .... lots more have taken up these sports of late!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

never spend any daytime hours watching sports anyway...so that usually means no live sports...hardly matters...who knows if there will be a baseball season...who cares if there's a football season now that brady is a buc...

just barely able to ride a bike here...definitely no mountain biking...still cold wet and muddy most days...snowed during the week...will likely happen again before this is all over...no need for the plow guy to come tho cuz we ain't going anywhere anyway and he'll be plowing up more mud and sure pack than snow anyway...

plenty of seeds started for transplant and early greenhouse, but still along way from being able to work soil or plant...no foraging for a few weeks either...

my favorite part of the ski year won't be happening this year, but it looks like warmer days and drier conditions are just around the corner...

very much the limbo season here....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

I broke a small part in the front truck of my Carver skateboard last Sunday, so now I'm not even doing that. (they're in Cal. and can't get the part at this time) Very hard for me to go back to my "normal" board and longboard, the Carver made them obsolete for me, even though I live on a big hill.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Who needs baseball? I'm watching the world axe throwing league on ESPN right now.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

This could be an Olympic sport shortly

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ikrd/sports-br ... ogs-eating" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Forever .. Goat Path
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

daytripper wrote:Who needs baseball? I'm watching the world axe throwing league on ESPN right now.
yeah that was a good match
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Let us know when they have axe catching. :lol:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald