Trump's racist response to Coronavirus

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Trump's racist response to Coronavirus

Post by deadheadskier »

You'll get no argument from me that Biden appears to be really showing his age. Even if he were 50, I'd still see him as a very flawed candidate for high office. Feel the same about Trump. Felt the same about Hillary.

I think the idea is that Biden's advisors will consult him to appoint better people to cabinet positions as well as the Supreme Court than Trump will in the next four years. He will be advised to lay low and would only be a one term President. His VP choice probably matters more than he does.

Hoping for better from both sides in 2024.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:You'll get no argument from me that Biden appears to be really showing his age. Even if he were 50, I'd still see him as a very flawed candidate for high office. Feel the same about Trump. except he is in no way incapacitated or incapable, he just doesn't share your ideology...Felt the same about Hillary.

I think the idea is that Biden's advisors will consult him to appoint better according to who? people to cabinet positions as well as the Supreme Court than Trump will in the next four years. He will be advised to lay low and would only be a one term President. His VP choice probably matters more than he does. so a he'd be a puppet ? Controlled by un-elected "advisors" behind the scenes?

Hoping for better from both sides in 2024.
so for D's none of the criteria used to bludgeon trump daily can or should be applied to biden? he should be elected despite being woefully incapable of something as simple as reading a couple sentences that he presumably rehearsed? so the entire platform is vote biden so we can take back power? hard to imagine a more blind obedience to the letter D than that...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I do not agree that Trump's faculties are not fading as well.

Truthfully, I think we need to take a hard look at having a maximum age requirement for the office like we have a minimum age requirement of 35. I mean no offense to those who are older, but 99.99999% of people are well beyond their working prime by the time they reach their late 60s. I don't feel that having a requirement that a President is age 60 or younger entering their first term is an unreasonable thought.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote:I do not agree that Trump's faculties are not fading as well.

Truthfully, I think we need to take a hard look at having a maximum age requirement for the office like we have a minimum age requirement of 35. I mean no offense to those who are older, but 99.99999% of people are well beyond their working prime by the time they reach their late 60s. I don't feel that having a requirement that a President is age 60 or younger entering their first term is an unreasonable thought.
I disagree, but clearly Biden doesn't seem okay at all ... borderline senile.

Trump is no orator, but I've never thought he was loosing it or senile ... I'd say he's consistently inarticulate :lol:
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Mar 31st, '20, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

deadheadskier wrote:Calling it now. We will hear it loud and clear from the media within two weeks. Obviously more from the left side.

Highwaystar has shown some grim footage from a hospital in Brooklyn that serves lower income and largely non-white population.

I've heard horrifying stories from my colleagues helping to ramp up care at a NJ hospital that serves a largely non-white community as well.

But the National story I've heard is NYC still has enough capacity. Enough ICU beds, vents, but very short on PPE.

How much patient transfer is going on from the noted places currently overwhelmed towards the places that still have space, which are largely wealthier and more white?

Democrats will seize on this.
If I were the Democratic party I would think twice before pursuing this type of strategy. All of these areas you have brought up are in cities that have long been run by Democrats. I think that this strategy can and WILL end up dumping right on their heads who is really at fault. The GOP has not under funded these health institutions, the local politicians have. The GOP has not mis-run these cities, the local politicians have. The GOP has not squandered those scarce resources on other political activities/priorities, the local politicians have. I you look, these areas you talk about are Democratic strongholds. I think much of America will see that and see through the Democrats trying to blame the GOP. I'm not saying the GOP could NOT have prevented this, I just think most of America is plain smarter than that.

YOU are certainly smarter, as you already see it.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:I do not agree that Trump's faculties are not fading as well.

I disagree, but clearly Biden doesn't seem okay at all ... borderline senile.

Trump is no orator, but I've never thought he was loosing it or senile ... I'd say he's consistently inarticulate :lol:
seeing as millions have no problem comprehending perhaps it's you that's consistently incapable?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell