Anyone else bailing on 365?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Anyone else bailing on 365?

Post by ANGUS »

I love the 365 pass. As a granite stater I can't use it currently. I don't have 14 days to quarantine just to golf. I don't golf. I wanted to bike and hike this summer. Gondi is closed. No taking clients up top for lunch and beverages. My daughter can't use the adventure center. Even working over the river is sketchy. I hope this ends soon. It was a pass with great perks.
TheLurker
Bumper

Re: Anyone else bailing on 365?

Post by TheLurker »

yes, not worth it at this point. Have to wait and see.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Have they restarted charging for the 365 pass since golf has opened?
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

I sent them a message today saying I still want the pass but I don't want to have to pay for it while the 14 day quarantine is required in VT since I am in CT and can not stay in VT for 14 days. I said that they were not charging when the mountain was closed and they should not be charging me now since the mountain is effectively closed to me due to the governors orders and Mountain policy.

I tried to send it to the pass office and to Mike but I’m not sure I had Mike’s correct Email. We have been a loyal 365 pass holders since the pass was first created. We are effectively quarantined in CT so if the state changes the rules to say that it does not matter where you quarantine took place vs it having to be in VT then I would have no problem paying.

I’m sorry to say we may have to cancel and ask for a refund on Monday.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

I got no email from K. So I called and shut mine down. Kind of poor on Killingtons part. I guess you have to be proactive to not get screwed.
Attachments
screw-you-guys-im-staying-home.jpg
screw-you-guys-im-staying-home.jpg (71.25 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

We are in the same boat. We had fully planned on doing the 365 passes for the family (even towards the end of last summer we were already wishing we had done it last year and have been looking forward to it).

As with everyone else, the 14 day quarantine is essentially the same as the resort being closed when coming form out of state.

I feel badly for Killington and for Mike as I'm sure pass sales are way down (and especially the 365 passes). I'd also guess that this Vermont quarantine was not a scenario they considered when they came up with the guarantee of the Passholers Promise. Frustrating too, if I'm reading it correctly, even if the quarantine is lifted in July and you purchase the 365 pass in July, you still have to pay for June.
Don't Killington Pico
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

FWIW

Think I already posted this once or twice this "year":

20 or so years ago, a K ski season pass cost $1,350. Full pass for sking.

Nuff said.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

PS. That was the early buy rate.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Captain Hafski wrote:FWIW

Think I already posted this once or twice this "year":

20 or so years ago, a K ski season pass cost $1,350. Full pass for sking.

Nuff said.
What does a 20 year old pass price have to do with anything?

20 years ago if Vermont had a 14 day quarantine in effect people would likely not be buying passes then either.
Don't Killington Pico
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

It’s bad enough paying rent and utilities for a place you really can’t use but adding to that paying a monthly fee for a service you can’t use is a tough pill to swallow. The amount of money we are just throwing away each month is staggering. We would like to stick with the 365 pass but at this point to pay a monthly fee for a service we are prohibited from using is over the top. If we pay $225 month from now until November that’s $1350.00. I’m not clear if we would get that back if the mountain does not open for skiing and we never are able to use the pass because of the quarantine. I hate to do it but the difference between the 365 and unlimited for two is $690 plus tax and it’s clear the unlimited will be refundable in November. If we don’t make a decision to bail on the 365 it looks like there’s no guarantee we won’t lose a ton of money. Suspending payments for months we can not use the pass due to the quarantine only makes sense. If not, the potential cost and risk is just much too high. I’m sure most people with places they can’t use are already eating upwards of a grand a month or more. Another $225 is just impossible to justify.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Skivt2 wrote:It’s bad enough paying rent and utilities for a place you really can’t use but adding to that paying a monthly fee for a service you can’t use is a tough pill to swallow. The amount of money we are just throwing away each month is staggering. We would like to stick with the 365 pass but at this point to pay a monthly fee for a service we are prohibited from using is over the top. If we pay $225 month from now until November that’s $1350.00. I’m not clear if we would get that back if the mountain does not open for skiing and we never are able to use the pass because of the quarantine. I hate to do it but the difference between the 365 and unlimited for two is $690 plus tax and it’s clear the unlimited will be refundable in November. If we don’t make a decision to bail on the 365 it looks like there’s no guarantee we won’t lose a ton of money. Suspending payments for months we can not use the pass due to the quarantine only makes sense. If not, the potential cost and risk is just much too high. I’m sure most people with places they can’t use are already eating upwards of a grand a month or more. Another $225 is just impossible to justify.
You get base ikon for free remember.

And 12 k tickets each.

That alone is worth it. Nevermind the summer stuff.

The summer is a throw in.

There will be a season.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Bring a Friend Tickets *Passholder must be present at the ticket window when requesting Bring a Friend tickets.

Twelve 50% off one-day adult window rate Killington lift tickets for winter 2020-21.
Three FREE K-1 Gondola rides for summer 2020. Not valid during winter operations.
Three FREE Bike Park lift tickets for summer 2020.
Three FREE Adventure Center day passes for summer 2020.
Three FREE rounds of Golf for summer 2020. Cart not included.
One 25% off K-1 Gondola Scenic Rides, Adventure Center Day Pass, Mountain Bike lift ticket or Golf round per day for summer 2020.

Plus the IKON Base
Devils Fiddle
Black Carver

Post by Devils Fiddle »

As a fifty day a year skier, at least 10 days on the bike, and local homeowner who brings guests to enjoy all that Killington has to offer this deal is slam dunk! Add the Ikon it doesn't get any better. I'm fine with the way Killington has handled this. We are in uncharted waters it is what it is. Bike Park opens for us next weekend can't wait.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Devils Fiddle wrote:As a fifty day a year skier, at least 10 days on the bike, and local homeowner who brings guests to enjoy all that Killington has to offer this deal is slam dunk! Add the Ikon it doesn't get any better. I'm fine with the way Killington has handled this. We are in uncharted waters it is what it is. Bike Park opens for us next weekend can't wait.
:like :like

yep, we renewed...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

first of all, doesn't mtn bike season usually start memorial weekend. so they're 2 weeks late. big deal ... i'm pretty sure they'll make an adjustment on the billing if you can't use the pass due to the quarantine (which i can see being lifted by the end of the month at the latest). agree throwing in the ikon makes it a no brainer.
spoiled South American skiin' whore