2020-2021 ski season could be cancelled

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

2020-2021 ski season could be cancelled

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Expect millions of new cases of the China Virus, that will now be called the Protestors Virus, as a result of the hundreds of thousands of legal protestors and illegal anarchist spreading the virus all over the country and the world. It's all over, the country, let alone ski resorts will not be able to survive this coming
plague.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Re: 2020-2021 ski season could be cancelled

Post by ANGUS »

f.a.s.t. wrote:Expect millions of new cases of the China Virus, that will now be called the Protestors Virus, as a result of the hundreds of thousands of legal protestors and illegal anarchist spreading the virus all over the country and the world. It's all over, the country, let alone ski resorts will not be able to survive this coming
plague.
That was my concern. I'll leave my rhetoric on the front porch. Next to the monkey.
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

At the very least, this will be a litmus test to see where we are with this Virus and if it dies down in the warmer months. Guess we'll know in a week or 2.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

machski wrote:At the very least, this will be a litmus test to see where we are with this Virus and if it dies down in the warmer months. Guess we'll know in a week or 2.
yep two largely unplanned large scale experiments under way...

memorial day and riot week...by the end of june we'll know a LOT more about covid...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Drama Queen :dislike
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

We need data.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Captain Hafski wrote:We need data.
I don't need no stinkin data, all I'll need is snow on some vertical and a place to park. I gave up April, May, and June this season, it will take more than quarantine rules to prevent me from skiing next winter :D
Spyderman
Bumper

Post by Spyderman »

Right on brother! No way I’ll not be skiing for 20/21 at Killington ⛷
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

See ya next ski season! Or if any of you go to York Beach Maine in the summer, and see an old dude ripping around on a skateboard or a ski decal covered cooler on the beach at lifeguard stand #4 on Long Sands, give me a yell (finally left my hometown for the first time and opened the family summer house this weekend).
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
machski wrote:At the very least, this will be a litmus test to see where we are with this Virus and if it dies down in the warmer months. Guess we'll know in a week or 2.
yep two largely unplanned large scale experiments under way...

memorial day and riot week...by the end of june we'll know a LOT more about covid...
No doubt. Really hoping that we don't see a big ramp up of new cases. Hopefully some of the most recent thoughts / studies are correct and would be helpful for things not to ramp up as a result of Memorial Day / protests (outdoors less risk than indoors, short "passing by" exposure less risky than long term, some wearing masks, asymptomatic less risk of spread etc etc).
Don't Killington Pico
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

boston_e wrote:Hopefully some of the most recent thoughts / studies are correct and would be helpful for things not to ramp up as a result of Memorial Day / protests (outd%oors less risk than indoors, short "passing by" exposure less risky than long term, some wearing masks, asymptomatic less risk of spread etc etc).
Well put BE!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Captain Hafski wrote:
boston_e wrote:Hopefully some of the most recent thoughts / studies are correct and would be helpful for things not to ramp up as a result of Memorial Day / protests (outd%oors less risk than indoors, short "passing by" exposure less risky than long term, some wearing masks, asymptomatic less risk of spread etc etc).
Well put BE!
There's a rise in new cases of the China virus in the states that started to re-open first. If this continues, all the protesting is going to make the rise even worse. The protestors are the worse case scenario when it comes to not social distancing, putting the entire country at risk of another violent wave of the China virus. Not to mention that at least 17 people have been murdered as a result of the protesting.
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Captain Hafski wrote:
Well put BE!
There's a rise in new cases of the China virus in the states that started to re-open first. If this continues, all the protesting is going to make the rise even worse. The protestors are the worse case scenario when it comes to not social distancing, putting the entire country at risk of another violent wave of the China virus. Not to mention that at least 17 people have been murdered as a result of the protesting.
The protester side of this will be interesting, as from the media that I viewed, the overwhelming majority of the protesters (especially those who weren't actively trying to adhere to social distancing and mask wearing measures), didn't appear to be from the population demographic who typically has had the more dire effects of COVID-19.

If we do over the next few weeks see a spike in the total number of cases, but no significant uptick in hospitalizations due to sever cases, then that's some data that can be used going forward for the majority of the population with respect to wider reopening plans.
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

DrJeff wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Captain Hafski wrote:
Well put BE!
The protester side of this will be interesting, as from the media that I viewed, the overwhelming majority of the protesters (especially those who weren't actively trying to adhere to social distancing and mask wearing measures), didn't appear to be from the population demographic who typically has had the more dire effects of COVID-19.

If we do over the next few weeks see a spike in the total number of cases, but no significant uptick in hospitalizations due to sever cases, then that's some data that can be used going forward for the majority of the population with respect to wider reopening plans.
Ninety percent of the media will blame Trump for opening too soon, even if the rise is due to the protestors. Anything resembling a normal ski season is in jeopardy.
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
DrJeff wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Captain Hafski wrote:
Well put BE!

Ninety percent of the media will blame Trump for opening too soon, even if the rise is due to the protestors. Anything resembling a normal ski season is in jeopardy.
Completely agree!

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months as this likely becomes more and more of a Red state/Blue state name calling blame game in how to go about reopening, where ultimately the end result is numerous members of society will get screwed over by partisan grandstanding and a media that seems hell bent on portraying this entire situation from basically only "the worst case scenario" story line
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!