NASCAR & Confederate Flag

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: NASCAR & Confederate Flag

Post by Mister Moose »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:I've seen a confederate flag on the flats on Rte 4, and several others in the area.. Not sure why a southerner would move all the way to VT, or why a Vermonter would fly it... unless it's a Vermont succession thing.
Are you saying there is something wrong with a southerner moving to Vermont?
No, I didn't say that. My interpretation of flying the Confederate flag is that it conveys some very strong loyalty to the south, that you'd want to live there, must live there. Moving to VT seems counter to that philosophy.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Mister Moose wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:I've seen a confederate flag on the flats on Rte 4, and several others in the area.. Not sure why a southerner would move all the way to VT, or why a Vermonter would fly it... unless it's a Vermont succession thing.
No, I didn't say that. My interpretation of flying the Confederate flag is that it conveys some very strong loyalty to the south, that you'd want to live there, must live there. Moving to VT seems counter to that philosophy.
Yes, that's exactly what you're saying. You don't want southerners to live in Vermont, that they "must live there" in the South.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what you're saying. You don't want southerners to live in Vermont, that they "must live there" in the South.
I'll try again. I'm not saying I think southerners should stay in the south. I'm saying a dyed in the wool southerner, who identifies as a southerner, not just some non descript american, would him/herself want to live in the land they have fierce loyalty and love for. If they move away (to any other place, not just Vermont) they must not be that fierce a lover of the land they just left. Has nothing to do with what I want. Furthermore, if you move out of the south, can you still be a southerner? If I was a proud lover of NYC, I would never leave. To leave is to give up the title.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

ANGUS wrote:Free speech matters. I'm sick of blm. Can we shut them up with 40 square feet and a free turkey? Confederate flags might look good for a change on the front of my Peterbilts guide markers.
Hard to parse the ignorance. I'll try. So free speech matters, but you're sick of BLM, so you want to shut them up. I guess you think the first amendment doesn't apply to them? Black lives matter. All they're asking is for their lives to matter. So that's too much to ask, I guess?

How hard is it to understand that the confederate flag is a symbol of hatred and oppression of black people and a symbol of slavery? Anyone who flies that flag should be embarrassed and feel shame. NASCAR has every right to ban it from their events just like you have every right to tell someone who acts in an embarrassing and degrading manner to get the heck off your property.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

I'mOnly16 wrote:
ANGUS wrote:Free speech matters. I'm sick of blm. Can we shut them up with 40 square feet and a free turkey? Confederate flags might look good for a change on the front of my Peterbilts guide markers.
Hard to parse the ignorance. I'll try. So free speech matters, but you're sick of BLM, so you want to shut them up. I guess you think the first amendment doesn't apply to them? Black lives matter. All they're asking is for their lives to matter. So that's too much to ask, I guess?

How hard is it to understand that the confederate flag is a symbol of hatred and oppression of black people and a symbol of slavery? Anyone who flies that flag should be embarrassed and feel shame. NASCAR has every right to ban it from their events just like you have every right to tell someone who acts in an embarrassing and degrading manner to get the heck off your property.
your level of comprehending reality is childish...your understanding of the law far below that...

is 16 how old you are? that would help put things into perspective a bit...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

easyrider16 wrote:

It's a free country thanks to those that have served. Maybe Ill fly my Blackwater Flag. It's Academi now. But in the good old days it was Blackwater. Prior to liberal snowflakes messing everything up.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Yikes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motors ... smsnnews11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Occupy Thunder Road 8)

NHIS gonna have a tough season :sad:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Now the only black driver in cup walks into his garage at the track in Talladega and finds a noose hanging from the ceiling.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

daytripper wrote:Now the only black driver in cup walks into his garage at the track in Talladega and finds a noose hanging from the ceiling.
a similar thing happened to jussie smollett...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

madhatter wrote:
daytripper wrote:Now the only black driver in cup walks into his garage at the track in Talladega and finds a noose hanging from the ceiling.
I sure hope this is not another case of "manufactured" outrage.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dickc wrote:
madhatter wrote:
I hope that's exactly what it is...seems rather suspect...
mach es sehr schnell

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Dickc wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Yes because the appropriate response to something heinous like this is to immediately suspect the victim is lying :roll:
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

easyrider16 wrote:
Dickc wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Yes because the appropriate response to something heinous like this is to immediately suspect the victim is lying :roll:
cuz in smolletts case that's exactly what happened...

in the nascar incident access to that garage is highly restricted...nascar employment is highly coveted and virtually impossible to replace if you get fired...the odds of it being a driver or crew member are virtually nil...there's camera's everywhere they sb able to identify whoever did this...

in any case I said I HOPE that it is a false flag...I'll prefer that over actual racism every day...what do you hope it is?
mach es sehr schnell

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

So apparently it's been hanging there since October so no foul play.