NASCAR & Confederate Flag

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: NASCAR & Confederate Flag

Post by Highway Star »

WOKE = BROKE.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Man, I looked and nascar fans are whiter than a sheet of paper in a snowstorm.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
K42
Green Skidder

Post by K42 »

The confederate flag wasn’t used during the civil war it was created after as an ode to the confederacy after the states whom committed treason were allowed back into the country, but you’re not ready for that conversation. Also for all you old people who preach merica and maga the confederate flag represents treason, oppression and hate for Blacks and the United States. I am in awe that people can still find some roundabout way to try and support some ridiculous claim. U don’t see ppl in Germany fighting to fly swastikas because it’s there history.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

K42 wrote:The confederate flag wasn’t used during the civil war it was created after as an ode to the co federally after the states whom committed treason were allowed back into the country, but you’re not ready for that conversation.

yer probably not ready for a reality check then
Following that incident, Beauregard urged the government to adopt a national flag that could not be mistaken for the U.S. flag on the battlefield. When his proposal was rejected, he recommended having a separate battle flag. The one chosen had a red background crisscrossed by a blue X that contained 13 white stars and was based on a rejected proposal for the Confederacy’s national flag. It was square—48 inches square for the infantry, 36 for the artillery and 30 inches square for the cavalry. It may have been produced in a rectangular shape as well. It was first carried in battle in December 1861, but it was the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia and used more commonly in the Eastern Theater than in the Western, where the first Confederate national flag was used throughout the war. Variations of the battle flag were incorporated into some regimental flags, both East and West, as well.
The third and final national flag of the Confederacy was adopted on March 4, 1865, just weeks before the war ended.
Also for all you old people who preach merica and maga the confederate flag represents treason, oppression and hate for Blacks and the United States. I am in awe that people can still find some roundabout way to try and support some ridiculous claim. I'm in awe of your fantastical version of history.... :roll: U don’t see ppl in Germany fighting to fly swastikas because it’s there history.
what's really amazing is your complete inability to comprehend reality...

there is a HUGE difference between supporting the confederate flag ( or any other 1st amendment display) and supporting the right to fly the confederate ( or any flag )....

The first amendment is the absolute foundation of our country...sadly, you and many others are absolutely oblivious to it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

K42 wrote:The confederate flag wasn’t used during the civil war it was created after as an ode to the confederacy after the states whom committed treason were allowed back into the country, but you’re not ready for that conversation. Also for all you old people who preach merica and maga the confederate flag represents treason, oppression and hate for Blacks and the United States. I am in awe that people can still find some roundabout way to try and support some ridiculous claim. U don’t see ppl in Germany fighting to fly swastikas because it’s there history.
This is completely inaccurate.

The "Confederate Flag" is the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia under Robert E. Lee and the Army of Tennessee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_di ... te_flag%22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_ ... of_America" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I've seen a confederate flag on the flats on Rte 4, and several others in the area.. Not sure why a southerner would move all the way to VT, or why a Vermonter would fly it... unless it's a Vermont succession thing.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Did you watch the video? Do you think NASCAR should keep the confederate flag around?
nope didn't watch the video...someone has a joke says " don't click" all over it... if ya can have a BLM flag, antifa flag, a fvck the police banner etc why not the confederate flag ( or any flag, banner, etc)

FYI-- NASCAR itself doesn't "have the confederate flag" to "keep around"...your comprehension is always flawed...
I guess using your logic you'd support folks flying the flag of the German Reich, too.

Nascar, at least prior to today, did "keep the confederate flag around" by allowing it to be flown on their property.NASCAR doesn't own the cars or most of the tracks...nice try though...
as always your logic is fvcking retarded... freedom of speech also pertains to speech you do not approve of...in fact that's really what it's all about...

maybe read a book or something?
I don't think Freedom of Speech is guaranteed on private property ...
please explain why your stance here ( nascar can forbid drivers etc from displaying confederate flag)is 180* from your stance on kapernicks antics during the national anthem ( his right)?

typical lybocrite...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Mister Moose wrote:I've seen a confederate flag on the flats on Rte 4, and several others in the area.. Not sure why a southerner would move all the way to VT, or why a Vermonter would fly it... unless it's a Vermont succession thing.
Are you saying there is something wrong with a southerner moving to Vermont?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:Please explain why your stance here ( nascar can forbid drivers etc from displaying confederate flag)is 180* from your stance on kapernicks antics during the national anthem ( his right)?

typical lybocrite...
Where did I say this about Kap?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:Please explain why your stance here ( nascar can forbid drivers etc from displaying confederate flag)is 180* from your stance on kapernicks antics during the national anthem ( his right)?

typical lybocrite...
seemed like that was yer whole stance in the NFL attendance thread you were pro kap as far as I remember...feel free to correct the record...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

typical lybocrite...
seemed like that was yer whole stance in the NFL attendance thread you were pro kap as far as I remember...feel free to correct the record...
You’re making the unfounded assertion ....
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:Only a matter of time before the U.S. flag is banned based on pure hatred and racism.
Did you watch the video? Do you think NASCAR should keep the confederate flag around?
nope didn't watch the video...someone has a joke says " don't click" all over it... if ya can have a BLM flag, antifa flag, a fvck the police banner etc why not the confederate flag ( or any flag, banner, etc)

FYI-- NASCAR itself doesn't "have the confederate flag" to "keep around"...your comprehension is always flawed...
please show me the antifa flag you f*** fool. :roll:

THE CONFEDERATES LOST. GET OVER IT. SNOWFLAKE.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:I've seen a confederate flag on the flats on Rte 4, and several others in the area.. Not sure why a southerner would move all the way to VT, or why a Vermonter would fly it... unless it's a Vermont succession thing.
Are you saying there is something wrong with a southerner moving to Vermont?
its offensive to fly a confederate flag in a union state where many vermonters died fighting racists. the confederacy was 100% about slavery. f*** your revisionist history. that you equate being from the south as being a confederate just shows your willful stupidity.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

I fly 3 flags at my house. The American flag, the NH flag and the Gadsden flag. Occasionally the Jolly Roger on my boat. I guess I'm going to go find a confederate flag.
Free speech matters. I'm sick of blm. Can we shut them up with 40 square feet and a free turkey? Confederate flags might look good for a change on the front of my Peterbilts guide markers.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

While I think any person that fly's the Confederate at their house is an asshole, who are you to tell them what flag they can fly over their house? They can fly any flag they want too. Just like you can fly any flag you want too. That's what makes this country great.