Rage Against the Machine.....

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Re: Rage Against the Machine.....

Post by f.a.s.t. »

daytripper wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:Well, you could always go with madoutoftouchidiot. That would fit

Newsflash, Kid Rock can't play this summer because of the virus either or Ted Nugent for that matter.
Two more great bands you should listen to instead of Rage.
While I don't hate kid rock or Ted Nugent, I'll listen to rage over them any day.
Ted Nugent 40 million albums sold. Kid Rock 25 million albums sold. Rage 8 million albums sold. I rest my case, Rage sucks.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
daytripper wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:Well, you could always go with madoutoftouchidiot. That would fit

Newsflash, Kid Rock can't play this summer because of the virus either or Ted Nugent for that matter.
While I don't hate kid rock or Ted Nugent, I'll listen to rage over them any day.
Ted Nugent 40 million albums sold. Kid Rock 25 million albums sold. Rage 8 million albums sold. I rest my case, Rage sucks.
And Britney Spears has sold 40 million albums so your ranking system sucks.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Shocker

s.l.o.w prefers washed up, white trash bands who bairly get booked to play county fairs at $30 a ticket

Get back to me when they sell out the TD Garden at $150 a ticket like RATM would

you old folks are well.....old
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

daytripper wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
daytripper wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

And Britney Spears has sold 40 million albums so your ranking system sucks.
If Rage is so good, why have they only sold 8 million albums?

Net worth of Rage, $25 million...……………….net worth of Kid Rock, $150 million.
Last edited by f.a.s.t. on Jun 11th, '20, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

deadheadskier wrote:Shocker

s.l.o.w prefers washed up, white trash bands who bairly get booked to play county fairs at $30 a ticket

Get back to me when they sell out the TD Garden at $150 a ticket like RATM would

you old folks are well.....old
Just because there are fools that would pay $150 to listen to crap, doesn't make them a good band. You young folks like you are, well...…...young, ignorant and indoctrinated. If they are so good, why have they sold only 8 million albums. So, get back to me when they have sold more than 25 million albums; like Kid Rock.

By the way "white trash" is a bigoted/racist statement, especially when directed to older people.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

If money made is how you tell what good music is than I have no desire to continue this conversation with you.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Tom Cruise is one of the highest net worth actors of all time. I'm sure Grampa s.l.o.w thinks he's clearly the superior actor to Marlon Brando or Laurence Olivier
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Tom Cruise is Hollywood trash, just like almost everyone there, so is the Band Rage.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

daytripper wrote:If money made is how you tell what good music is than I have no desire to continue this conversation with you.
:like :like
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

f.a.s.t. wrote:Tom Cruise is Hollywood trash, just like almost everyone there, so is the Band Rage.
Here's a little education for you bud. The reason Tom Cruise has the money he does is the same reason as Kid Rock has the money he does. Corporate media with influence; Hollywood or corporate Music production. Same freaking thing. "Star" building; not genuine talent. Corporatism.

The "Machine" in Rage Against the Machine is Corporatism. You often affectionately refer to it as "the swamp." It's power money elite driving the media narrative both fiction (entertainment) and non-fiction (news), driving the military industrial complex, resource leaching businesses; you name it. And it's all supported by bought off politicians. Corruption on the backs of the working class.

So, no, they didn't set out to become these massive "Stars" and sell tons of records. They were modern "punk" anti-establishment musicians from the 90s who wrote music that made you think, made you angry. They were political Corporatism protest artists like Bob Dylan, but of modern genre. Madhatter is way off base if he thinks the politics of RATM isn't what drove their huge following in the 90s.

RATM became stars without trying, but on their terms, not the corporate world. When they got big, they bowed out of the limelight, focused on raising families, pursued other lesser known music projects or philanthropic and social causes.

Corporatism is worse than ever, so it's time they come back. Use their artistry to make people think, get angry, get engaged and drive change.

They can start right up again on a dime and be one of the biggest bands in the world. Because they're authentic and real. Not washed up Kid Rock sh*t playing at a fairground because the machine that made Kid rich, knows he was just an actor
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

the fact that you are so engrossed w the entertainment industry explains your idiotic world view...

you gotta do what they tell you...I don't even care to hear what they have to say...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Gotta agree on this. DHS...writes as if it were his grad school dissertation. All ...over...sh*t.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Lol! I guess I wasn't the only one thinking that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:the fact that you are so engrossed w the entertainment industry explains your idiotic world view...

you gotta do what they tell you...I don't even care to hear what they have to say...
Lulz

First of all, I'm not engrossed with the entertainment industry. Far from it.

Second, what you're missing is the influence that Expressive Art has on culture as well as social and political discourse. That goes for music, literature, comedy, theater and more. It's not all about "entertainment."

Now I know that the nuances of art is often times lost on the rigid and regressive brains of some conservatives. Intellectualism just isn't the wheelhouse for many of them. But in the case of Rage Against the Machine, there is no nuance. The message is right in your face.

Hatter, have you stopped to think about what the song "Killing in the Name of" is all about? Hint: It's what's in the news constantly right now that is driving you nuts and leading you to throw up multiple threads to rail against.

Which makes you look all the more stupid for parroting lyrics from the song. Maybe stop to understand the message first, so you don't look foolish. Kinda like Donny did trying to use Neil Young's "Rocking in the Free World" as a campaign song. You both are totally oblivious
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RagingLunaticSkier wrote:
madhatter wrote:the fact that you are so engrossed w the entertainment industry explains your idiotic world view...

Lulz

First of all, I'm not engrossed with the entertainment industry. Far from it. your three days of blithering and rage gobbling say otherwise...

Second, what you're missing is the influence that Expressive Art has on culture as well as social and political discourse. That goes for music, literature, comedy, theater and more. It's not all about "entertainment."exactly... YOU are influenced by it... yer mad cuz I'm not...YOU gotta do what they tell you.. I don't even care what they have to say...you are incapable of grasping that ...

Now I know that the nuances of art is often times lost on the rigid and regressive brains of some conservatives. typical holier than thou bigotry...Intellectualism just isn't the wheelhouse for many of them. absolute projection, you truly are the embodiment of everything you profess to hate ... But in the case of Rage Against the Machine, there is no nuance. The message is right in your face.

Hatter, have you stopped to think about what the song "Killing in the Name of" is all about? Hint: It's what's in the news constantly right now that is driving you nuts and leading you to throw up multiple threads to rail against.it's so cute that you imagine yer the only person who's ever heard that song before...it's also funny that you imagine everyone must get the same message from it that you do...even when it is the "artists" intent...everyone must adhere to rageheadskiers world view...

Which makes you look all the more stupid for parroting lyrics from the song. OMFG you'll do ANYTHING to paint a narrative...you'll do anything to scream the D message... you gotta do what they tell you ... it fits so perfectly...hilarious that you imagine I can only use it as you see fit...again yer everything you profess to hate... Maybe stop to understand the message maybe you should stop and realize you gotta do what they tell you...cuz ya do...pretty clear message, yet you keep insisting it means something else cuz tom morello said so...gotta do what they tell you...hahahhaha...first, so you don't look foolish. Kinda like Donny did trying to use Neil Young's "Rocking in the Free World" as a campaign song. You both are totally oblivious
funny again that you imagine trump can't agree with young's message...again it's always projection...you just happen to be completely unaware that you are doing it...

everything in the 30 year old "free world" is exactly what trump is trying to address...

better economy

better jobs

less crime

less war

less poverty

less homelessness

more opportunity

and he's actually been quite successful at it, while the D's have attempted to negate the 2016 election for the last 4 years...after failing to do anything about it since young wrote the song in 1989...

idiots like you are just convinced of the opposite...by the entertainment industry that you worship like the boot licking cuck you are...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....