Killington is Woke

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Killington is Woke

Post by easyrider16 »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Chatting at the boat launch last week with a fellow local when I said that "I really missed spring skiing." She dressed me up and down on how I could be so insensitive to think about skiing at this time when people of color are being marginalized in our society.
Whoever said that to you sounds like a huge douche. I am all for helping those marginalized in our society but that's no reason not to ski.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

:like :like
easyrider16 wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:Chatting at the boat launch last week with a fellow local when I said that "I really missed spring skiing." She dressed me up and down on how I could be so insensitive to think about skiing at this time when people of color are being marginalized in our society.
Whoever said that to you sounds like a huge douche. I am all for helping those marginalized in our society but that's no reason not to ski.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

easyrider16 wrote:
Welcome to my world. Try not to judge, just process but sometimes I am left baffled.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

^^ yes after several decades of 24hr news cycles many have been well trained to be able to only process one, blanket-covered issue at a time.

we all have many things on our minds.
we ALL missed spring skiing.

to paraphrase frank zappa:
spring skiing is the best!

(and wtf then is your outraged neighbor doing at a boat launch while people of color are being marginalized!)
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

buckethead wrote:(and wtf then is your outraged neighbor doing at a boat launch while people of color are being marginalized!)
Post Of The Day!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Mister Moose wrote:
buckethead wrote:(and wtf then is your outraged neighbor doing at a boat launch while people of color are being marginalized!)
Post Of The Day!
:like
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote:
madhatter wrote:I guess it just takes you forever to come to conclusions others garner in a matter of minutes...

YES that is EXACTLY the point...twitter is trying to hide behind the protections of the CDA to protect it self from being sued for content that it posts...
I mean, that was basically my original point. Scroll up and you'll see what I posted:
He clearly wants to remove the protection so he can sue them and get them to stop publishing this speech. That's the point, here, and if you can't see that it's because you're letting your politics get in the way.
You took issue with the term "censorship" but that is clearly what this is. By the way, suing twitter for defamation likely wouldn't work, because not only is truth a defense, the plaintiff would have to prove "actual malice." Look it up, it's hard to do, and definitely wouldn't work on twitter's fact checks. This whole move by Trump is more like a shot across the bow of the social media players - he's saying shut up or I will come after you. If he was a private citizen saying that, it would be intimidation. Since he's the President of the United States saying it, it's censorship, and a total disrespect of the First Amendment.
Someone say censorship?
Attachments
F7AF48DC-F089-4CAA-BA8E-874072BAA121.jpeg
F7AF48DC-F089-4CAA-BA8E-874072BAA121.jpeg (82.79 KiB) Viewed 772 times
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The NFL franchise in Washington just became woke... changing their name from Redskins to something TBD. I didn't think I'd see that happen, but here we are.