Biden Candidacy 2020

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Biden Candidacy 2020

Post by Bubba »

How Donald Trump's Mistakes Became Joe Biden's Big Breaks

https://time.com/5858837/donald-trump-j ... d=31816796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
K42
Green Skidder

Re: Biden Candidacy 2020

Post by K42 »

Funny how quiet it gets the second trump is knocked off the 1000 foot pedestal the Boomers of Kzone place him on.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I don't believe that is the reason. 90% of the lost posting activity is the absence of madhatter. I assume he is upset with the moderator announcement to tone things done with the flaming
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

deadheadskier wrote:I don't believe that is the reason. 90% of the lost posting activity is the absence of madhatter. I assume he is upset with the moderator announcement to tone things done with the flaming
Sleeping dogs come to mind.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Nikoli wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:I don't believe that is the reason. 90% of the lost posting activity is the absence of madhatter. I assume he is upset with the moderator announcement to tone things done with the flaming
Sleeping dogs come to mind.
Uncle Joe or the Hatter?
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:How Donald Trump's Mistakes Became Joe Biden's Big Breaks

https://time.com/5858837/donald-trump-j ... d=31816796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Biden who? Nobody take him serious.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Do not forget .. Joe Biden would likely be President right now .. had his son Beau not died :sad:
He'd have in place a Cabinet full of experts in their fields, rather than a sycophant actor's guild :roll:

Drumph's best chance of reelection is dependent on closing the post office :lol:

:seeya

Forever .. Goat Path
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

brownman wrote:Do not forget .. Joe Biden would likely be President right now .. had his son Beau not died :sad:
He'd have in place a Cabinet full of CRIMINALS in their fields, rather than a sycophant actor's guild :roll:

Drumph's best chance of reelection is dependent on closing the post office :lol:

:seeya

So where is all that money his kid got from Ukraine?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Probably somewhere similar to all the money the Trump family got from Russia

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/12/21/ho ... -business/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-r ... es-2018-11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busines ... _in_Russia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not crazy about a Biden Presidency. I have never liked him much. But he's still better than Trump.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

brownman wrote:Joe Biden would likely be President right now .. had his son Beau not died
Ah yes, they are in pursuit of the primary suspect, Hilaritano Clintinata.

:barebutt: :banana: :barebutt: :banana: :barebutt:
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1597194933116.jpg
FB_IMG_1597194933116.jpg (56.42 KiB) Viewed 938 times
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Didn't she straight up call him a racist a few months ago? I guess she is ok with having a racist president now.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

daytripper wrote:Didn't she straight up call him a racist a few months ago? I guess she is ok with having a racist president now.
No.
HARRIS: Growing up, my sister and I had to deal with the neighbor who told us her parents couldn’t play with us because she — because we were black. And I will say also that — that, in this campaign, we have also heard — and I’m going to now direct this at Vice President Biden, I do not believe you are a racist, and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground.

But I also believe, and it’s personal — and I was actually very — it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing.

And, you know, there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me.

So I will tell you that, on this subject, it cannot be an intellectual debate among Democrats. We have to take it seriously. We have to act swiftly. As attorney general of California, I was very proud to put in place a requirement that all my special agents would wear body cameras and keep those cameras on.

RACHEL MADDOW (Moderator): Senator Harris, thank you. Vice President Biden, you have been invoked. We’re going to give you a chance to respond.

BIDEN: It’s a mischaracterization of my position across the board. I did not praise racists. That is not true, number one. Number two, if we want to have this campaign litigated on who supports civil rights and whether I did or not, I’m happy to do that.

I was a public defender. I didn’t become a prosecutor. I came out and I left a good law firm to become a public defender, when, in fact — when, in fact, my city was in flames because of the assassination of Dr. King, number one.

Number two, as the U.S. — excuse me, as the vice president of the United States, I worked with a man who, in fact, we worked very hard to see to it we dealt with these issues in a major, major way.

The fact is that, in terms of busing, the busing, I never — you would have been able to go to school the same exact way because it was a local decision made by your city council. That’s fine. That’s one of the things I argued for, that we should not be — we should be breaking down these lines.

But so the bottom line here is, look, everything I have done in my career, I ran because of civil rights, I continue to think we have to make fundamental changes in civil rights, and those civil rights, by the way, include not just only African-Americans, but the L.G.B.T. community.

HARRIS: But, Vice President Biden, do you agree today — do you agree today that you were wrong to oppose busing in America then? Do you agree?

BIDEN: I did not oppose busing in America. What I opposed is busing ordered by the Department of Education. That’s what I opposed. I did not oppose ——

HARRIS: Well, there was a failure of states to integrate public schools in America. I was part of the second class to integrate Berkeley, California, public schools almost two decades after Brown v. Board of Education.

BIDEN: Because your city council made that decision. It was a local decision.

HARRIS: So that’s where the federal government must step in.

BIDEN: The federal government ——

HARRIS: That’s why we have the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act. That’s why we need to pass the Equality Act. That’s why we need to pass the E.R.A., because there are moments in history where states fail to preserve the civil rights of all people.

BIDEN: I’ve supported the E.R.A. from the very beginning when I ran for ——

CHUCK TODD (Moderator): Vice President Biden, 30 seconds, because I want to bring other people into this.

BIDEN: I supported the E.R.A. from the very beginning. I’m the guy that extended the Voting Rights Act for 25 years. We got to the place where we got 98 out of 98 votes in the United States Senate doing it. I’ve also argued very strongly that we, in fact, deal with the notion of denying people access to the ballot box. I agree that everybody, once they, in fact — anyway, my time is up. I’m sorry.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
— anyway, my time is up. I’m sorry.
Edited for content.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

He should have just admitted that he was wrong to oppose busing. That would be an easy thing to do, wouldn't it? What's the downside? People love it when powerful people admit their mistakes.

Again, I'm not crazy about Biden, nor did I really want Harris. But they are much better than the alternatives we have to choose from.