Which diet has worked best for you?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

stopped buying junk food, have only filling fruit in the house instead. i like grapes, cantalope, watermelon(seedless) and pineapple (because it has natural bromelain to help keep swelling down from our injuries).we had been eating way too many snickers and peanut butter cups, among other stuff!!!-like that pumpkin cake recipe i made!!
i have lost 7 of the 8 lbs i gained over the winter :D
it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)
skitiger
Bumper

Post by skitiger »

Carbohydrates addict diet.

Really a modified diet for diabetes [don't have it] and a modified Atkins diet. It doesn't outlaw carbs, but limits them to not more than once per day at a meal that is over in less than one hour. It is based on insulin production and processes I don't understand [I'm a lawyer - not a doctor], but it is doable long-term as you are not banned from eating anything and can treat yourself at least once per day. You will lose weight seriously if you do it 7 days per week, a little at 6 and easily maintain at 5. Exercise makes it easier yet.
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

i am also getting back into my elliptical machine, at 20 min 4 times a week,also use weights on my ankles for many exercises to strengthen the muscles around my knee from when i tore my acl (again)
will also get back into my fast-walking up the ramapo trail in ramsey.a lot of my exercises are done while watching tv
8)

pizza moose is right :twisted:
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

another one is,"eat colorful foods"
they have the most antioxidants and are the best for you.your brain needs carbos, do not limit them too much.
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

I had great success since January on a 40/30/30 ratio of protein/carbs/fat with a 10x - 12x my weight range in calories. Before going off the "diet" I could see a hint of ab definition.

As for exercise -- I was doing morning HIIT cardio 1-3x a week and lifting about 4x per week.
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

nancie2k wrote:another one is,"eat colorful foods"
they have the most antioxidants and are the best for you.your brain needs carbos, do not limit them too much.
Dark Belgian chocolate is the most gorgeous shade of brown....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Mister Moose wrote:
I love dark chocolate and I am told it is not too bad to have it when on a diet as long as you don't overindulge. I especially like these truffles that I get at BJs - they are so wickedly good that I cannot stop at one. Bubba knows what I am talking about.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

2 men chocolate is food
2 women it's drugs!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Hey Jude
Black Carver

Post by Hey Jude »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
I love dark chocolate and I am told it is not too bad to have it when on a diet as long as you don't overindulge. I especially like these truffles that I get at BJs - they are so wickedly good that I cannot stop at one. Bubba knows what I am talking about.
Oh Ty, those Lindt truffles you get from Costco are awesome. I don't buy them anymore because I eat them so fast you can see sparks flying off my fingers as I'm unwrapping them!
Girly, tough is not enough!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Hey Jude wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Oh Ty, those Lindt truffles you get from Costco are awesome. I don't buy them anymore because I eat them so fast you can see sparks flying off my fingers as I'm unwrapping them!
The Lindt truffles are milk chocolate ones and they are also quite good but the ones I am referring to are not wrapped and they are smaller than the Lindt ones but they are very good too.
Hey Jude
Black Carver

Post by Hey Jude »

Didn't need to know about those! By the way, at Christmas Costco sells a Lindt mixed bag of truffles that have dark, milk & white chocolate truffles, YUM! Thought I had those at your house one night.
Girly, tough is not enough!
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

skiadikt wrote:colonoscopy. lost about 5 lbs. :)
Isn't that the truth!

I used LA Weight Loss, and I am down 15 pounds and holding.
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Hey Jude wrote:Didn't need to know about those! By the way, at Christmas Costco sells a Lindt mixed bag of truffles that have dark, milk & white chocolate truffles, YUM! Thought I had those at your house one night.
You did have them at my house. Forgot which party I had them. You are right it is a mixed bag - I believe the ones wrapped in blue are the dark ones, the ones in red are the milk chocolate and the gold ones are the white chocolate ones. Darn just speaking of them gives me the craving to have some chocolate and I have yet to start eating my lunch.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

I am down 40-45 lbs. eating 6 small meals a day with mucho H20 and Mtn biking and kick boxing...got my azz handed 2 me wed night, spared with a super fit chick.
I told her "Do not not 2 fear me , fear only my rage".
then she systematicly took me apart and made me eat my words ,thank God we were only sparing...I learned alot from Shelly.(frigg'in Muy Tahi boxers are sick in the head).
sux being a nwebee!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

jenscats5 wrote:I had great success since January on a 40/30/30 ratio of protein/carbs/fat with a 10x - 12x my weight range in calories. Before going off the "diet" I could see a hint of ab definition.

As for exercise -- I was doing morning HIIT cardio 1-3x a week and lifting about 4x per week.
30% seems a tad high for fat intake, though a little extra fat does look good on women......
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre