Tik Toc to Microsoft

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Tik Toc to Microsoft

Post by easyrider16 »

Does anyone else think this thing smells fishy?

Microsoft is in talks to buy Tik Toc. That gets disclosed by the media. Then, suddenly, Trump declares he's going to ban Tik Tok because of their Chinese ownership and alleged cooperation with the Chinese communist party. Initially, Trump says he's opposed to Microsoft buying TikTok. Then, he agrees to give ByteDance 45 days to cut a deal with Microsoft over TikTok. Now Microsoft is apparently trying to close the deal.

Maybe it's coincidence but it just seems like the Trump administration is giving Microsoft some serious leverage in these negotiations. Sell to us or Trump will ban you. Hmm?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Tik Toc to Microsoft

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote:Does anyone else think this thing smells fishy?

Microsoft is in talks to buy Tik Toc. That gets disclosed by the media. Then, suddenly, Trump declares he's going to ban Tik Tok because of their Chinese ownership and alleged cooperation with the Chinese communist party. Initially, Trump says he's opposed to Microsoft buying TikTok. Then, he agrees to give ByteDance 45 days to cut a deal with Microsoft over TikTok. Now Microsoft is apparently trying to close the deal.

Maybe it's coincidence but it just seems like the Trump administration is giving Microsoft some serious leverage in these negotiations. Sell to us or Trump will ban you. Hmm?
I think Trump is sloppy and this underscores it (like we need more examples). Or maybe it was a trial balloon.

We will all celebrate that this data TikTok harvest will now be in the hands of Microsoft/US govt :roll: . Instead, we could have passed meaningful privacy regulations like those we see in Europe or California (as a start).
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Yeah they should just spend endless months f*** around while China harvests user data and Tik Tok unfairly collapses in value.

Microsoft is a GOOD choice.

>They have little footprint in social media
>Will pay a fair price for Tik Tok
>They KNOW software and cyber security
>They have minimal political bias
>They are generally anti censorship
>Charges a fair price for their software
>Has previously been beaten down by the feds in an antitrust case
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Trump probably got mad at TikTok because of their alleged impact on his Tulsa disaster so he wanted to ban them from the US as a result.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

that would be the act of a small and petty man
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Highway Star wrote:Yeah they should just spend endless months f*** around while China harvests user data and Tik Tok unfairly collapses in value.

I don't necessarily disagree, but the timing of all this makes me wonder if it was a set up of some sort.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Yeah they should just spend endless months f*** around while China harvests user data and Tik Tok unfairly collapses in value.

I don't necessarily disagree, but the timing of all this makes me wonder if it was a set up of some sort.

Right. These vulnerabilities have been around for 7+ months. Why wait until now?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

My thought was that MS and TikTok were in talks and hit some kind of impass, so MS leaks that they're in talks with TikTok to the press, somebody at MS makes a phone call to the politicians whose campaigns MS has generously supported, then Trump tweets his bs, and now MS has lots more leverage. I have no evidence but the timing of it all makes me question it.

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote:My thought was that MS and TikTok were in talks and hit some kind of impass, so MS leaks that they're in talks with TikTok to the press, somebody at MS makes a phone call to the politicians whose campaigns MS has generously supported, then Trump tweets his bs, and now MS has lots more leverage. I have no evidence but the timing of it all makes me question it.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

daytripper wrote:
easyrider16 wrote:My thought was that MS and TikTok were in talks and hit some kind of impass, so MS leaks that they're in talks with TikTok to the press, somebody at MS makes a phone call to the politicians whose campaigns MS has generously supported, then Trump tweets his bs, and now MS has lots more leverage. I have no evidence but the timing of it all makes me question it.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.
I can’t see him pulling a quid pro quo. /s
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Haha now he's saying publically that the government should get a cut of the deal! Not even sure that's legal... This guy is nothing if not entertaining.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote:Haha now he's saying publically that the government should get a cut of the deal! Not even sure that's legal... This guy is nothing if not entertaining.

Not a republican in any way, but yet GOP stands by him because they have no other options .... pot committed now.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
easyrider16 wrote:Haha now he's saying publically that the government should get a cut of the deal! Not even sure that's legal... This guy is nothing if not entertaining.

Not a republican in any way, but yet GOP stands by him because they have no other options .... pot committed now.
Closest we have gotten to a true independent president in years. Career pols are still nervous.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Guy in Shorts wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Closest we have gotten to a true independent president in years. Career pols are still nervous.
An independent populist for sure. Fortunately, there are enough intellectual independent voters that Trump inherently eliminates when he divides the country against itself.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Kind of like the Dems with Biden.