Tik Toc to Microsoft

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Tik Toc to Microsoft

Post by easyrider16 »

daytripper wrote:Kind of like the Dems with Biden.
The Biden campaign is marketing him as vanilla - nobody hates him, but nobody really likes him all that much either. Stark contrast to Trump, who is like black liquorice - either you love him or you hate him. It will be interesting to see if the Biden strategy pays off. Seems to me that it totally depends on how many people Trump has alienated.

It's hard to pin down what constitutes Republican versus Democrat. There's a wide spectrum of political views contained within each party. Moderate Republicans get called "RINOs" by some, but still have the R next to their name when they run. There's a big difference between say, Nancy Pelosi's politics and those of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, but they're both still Democrats. There's very little difference between moderate Republicans and moderate Democrats.

To some degree Trump defies categorization, and I think that's partly because he is pragmatist rather than a principled person. But I'd say he looks more like a moderate Republican than anything else.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Tik Toc to Microsoft

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote:
daytripper wrote:Kind of like the Dems with Biden.
The Biden campaign is marketing him as vanilla - nobody hates him, but nobody really likes him all that much either. Stark contrast to Trump, who is like black liquorice - either you love him or you hate him. It will be interesting to see if the Biden strategy pays off. Seems to me that it totally depends on how many people Trump has alienated.
Biden is a moderate democrat. He's safe, has tons of foreign relation experience, and nearly all his actions will be predictable. Too much on the line to guess what Trump will do in the next month, let alone another 4 years.

For me, it's simple, Country over Party. I'm voting against my party, having voted for conservatives in every election since being eligible, in an effort to protect our Country. Hopefully, GOP learns it's lesson and can regroup by 2024 but I'm not holding my breath after watching how they've enabled Trump.