Trump campaign Birtherism 2.0

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Trump campaign Birtherism 2.0

Post by deadheadskier »

https://mobile.twitter.com/daveweigel/s ... 2499514368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As usual, those that cry fake news the most are the biggest spreaders
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Trump campaign Birtherism 2.0

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/daveweigel/s ... 2499514368

As usual, those that cry fake news the most are the biggest spreaders
Well she's not white so is she really American? /s
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

This is based on the argument that children of illegal immigrants born in the U.S. should not be considered citizens because their parents were not "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States per the 14th amendment. There's no direct Supreme Court case on point, so it is a sort of open question I guess. However, the scholarly consensus and the de facto practice of how this has been handled for oh, the past hundred years, is that if you're born here you're a citizen regardless of parentage. Shifting that would change the status quo dramatically.

Take Harris as an example. She's been treated as a citizen her whole life, in school, work, being elected to public office - now after 55 years of her being treated as a citizen of the United States, you're suddenly going to tell her she's not a citizen? That seems incredibly unfair and unjust.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Did they not try the same thing with Obama? It didn't work then and it wont work now. If you were born in the USA then you are a citizen of the US. If it happened to make it to the supreme court I would think they would say the same. I am against illegal immigration, but this is ridicules. If you are a citizen you are a citizen even if your parents were not.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Slightly different with Obama - they just outright claimed he wasn't born here. That was a much dumber argument. Trump kept demanding to see the birth certificate even though the state of Hawaii confirmed Obama was, in fact, born there. High hypocrisy from the guy who won't even produce his tax returns like all past presidents have.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote:Slightly different with Obama - they just outright claimed he wasn't born here. That was a much dumber argument. Trump kept demanding to see the birth certificate even though the state of Hawaii confirmed Obama was, in fact, born there. High hypocrisy from the guy who won't even produce his tax returns like all past presidents have.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
$02. Biden shouldn’t debate him until he releases his tax returns.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Straight from the horse's ass himself

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/13/ ... onspiracy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd say unbelievable, but there is no bottom for this pile of crap "President."
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Cause no one knows....bottom...like DHS.
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

The article is not claiming her parents were here illegally. He says "were they lawful permanent residents"?

So I guess he is saying they needed to have a green card or were naturalized when she was born in order for her to be born "American".

So I guess I'm not American either, along with millions of others. My grandparents (both sides) came into Ellis Island. They did not become naturalized until the 1960s, well
after I was born. (I remember we had a little party when they got their citizenship then.)

I'm pretty sure they did not have green cards back in those days either. Not sure what their visa status was or if they even were given one.

So, on one side, my mother and her brothers and sisters were not Americans either, despite being born in the USA. Same on my father's side. Ellis Island immigrants.
So all my cousins, and their kids, etc etc are not Americans like we thought!

I guess I better start studying for my naturalization test before I get kicked out.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:Cause no one knows....bottom...like DHS.
Be more funny

Derogatory gay jokes just make you look like a tool. Though that appears to be your Kzone ambition lately.

How about a comment on the President of the USA gaslighting to help support his reelection efforts?
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

...ya just drop the hook in the water...and BOOM. No gay slam or such unruley comments...just DHS bash-a-thon...
Attachments
fishing.jpg
fishing.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 770 times
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

cause..in the end....( nope... not gay connotation here either) if its that rag The BoGlob.... The NYPastTimes...or Bezos very own sh*t... any feeble mind will see...its gonna be loaded like a 12 guage...with anti Trump spew....be it timely...or accurate...or ill directed...wil in ALL likelihood?..it will be....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:cause..in the end....( nope... not gay connotation here either) if its that rag The BoGlob.... The NYPastTimes...or Bezos very own sh*t... any feeble mind will see...its gonna be loaded like a 12 guage...with anti Trump spew....be it timely...or accurate...or ill directed...wil in ALL likelihood?..it will be....
How strong is the orange Koolaide you drink daily? 100 proof?

Ignore the source and everything in the article except for the direct Trump quotes. It's not that difficult. He flat out refused to deny the conspiracy that Kamala is ineligible for office.

You're okay with that? From a sitting President?

Yes or no. Pick one. I know adult conversation is challenging for you.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

LINYbob wrote:The article is not claiming her parents were here illegally. He says "were they lawful permanent residents"?
Right, good point, he's saying they had to be lawful permanent residents. So if your parents are illegal or even just here on a temporary visa, he's saying you might not be a citizen. So now I guess all of us with foreign-born parents are supposed to verify our parent's immigration status at the time we were born to determine if we are actually citizens? It's absurd.

I mean, I do think it might make some sense to change the way we do things going forward, but going back and retroactively applying this concept to people who have been treated as citizens for decades is patently unjust. I don't see a court ever doing that. I guess it's possible that a court could look at the issue and say, from this date forward, we're changing how we do it. But that doesn't affect KH's eligibility because she'd be grandfathered in.

BTW, is Yiddle actually a MadHatter alias? His reasoning (or lack thereof) is strangely similar, as is his constant resort to personal insults and the use of ellipses in weird places.
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

easyrider16 wrote:
LINYbob wrote:The article is not claiming her parents were here illegally. He says "were they lawful permanent residents"?
Right, good point, he's saying they had to be lawful permanent residents. So if your parents are illegal or even just here on a temporary visa, he's saying you might not be a citizen. So now I guess all of us with foreign-born parents are supposed to verify our parent's immigration status at the time we were born to determine if we are actually citizens? It's absurd.

I mean, I do think it might make some sense to change the way we do things going forward, but going back and retroactively applying this concept to people who have been treated as citizens for decades is patently unjust. I don't see a court ever doing that. I guess it's possible that a court could look at the issue and say, from this date forward, we're changing how we do it. But that doesn't affect KH's eligibility because she'd be grandfathered in.

BTW, is Yiddle actually a MadHatter alias? His reasoning (or lack thereof) is strangely similar, as is his constant resort to personal insults and the use of ellipses in weird places.

Correct. Apparently anything less than "permanent resident status", even if legal, means your kids born here are not citizens, which is absurd. KH's parents were here studying for phDs so they probably were smart enough to have applied for at least student visas then. They were here legally, just not permanent status yet. Nothing to see here...