What the heck is going on with the USPS?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

What the heck is going on with the USPS?

Post by Highway Star »

Somehow this now the major media red hot crisis. Clearly mail in voting is a contentious issue, but does anybody actually believe a few cutbacks at the post office are going to prevent people from having mail service?
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: What the heck is going on with the USPS?

Post by Highway Star »

They've been trying to reform the post office for years, that means cutbacks and raising prices.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... tening-its

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I know you're trolling, but many of the changes at USPS were instituted before COVID. In that sense, every move by USPS is not a strategy to disrupt the election. However, Trump has essentially admitted he's deploy a strategy with the USPS to disrupt the election hence, an investigation is warranted.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Some VOX assclown wants to electrify the Postal truck fleet.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... tal-trucks

HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY GO WRONG????

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 08:47 I know you're trolling, but many of the changes at USPS were instituted before COVID. In that sense, every move by USPS is not a strategy to disrupt the election. However, Trump has essentially admitted he's deploy a strategy with the USPS to disrupt the election hence, an investigation is warranted.
I'm not trolling. I want to know what the f*** is going on here.

Show me some PROOF Trump said he is actively trying to disable the USPS to stop mail in voting. Sounds ridiculous.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I think I've figured it out.

https://www.businessinsider.com/usps-ju ... ice-2020-8

There must be some massive fraud planned with the mail in ballots if the dems are so worked up about this.

Plus they can push the Trump is obstructing voting narritive

Plus amazon depending on cheap last mile delivery from USPS and not wanting to lose it.

Mail in balloting is not going to be allowed to happen. If people can go to the liquor store, grocery store, walmart and home depot, PLUS RIOTING AND LOOTING, they can vote in person. Otherwise request a proper absentee ballot.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Highway Star wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 08:51
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 08:47 I know you're trolling, but many of the changes at USPS were instituted before COVID. In that sense, every move by USPS is not a strategy to disrupt the election. However, Trump has essentially admitted he's deploy a strategy with the USPS to disrupt the election hence, an investigation is warranted.

Show me some PROOF Trump said he is actively trying to disable the USPS to stop mail in voting. Sounds ridiculous.
He’s already on the record saying he’s withhold funding if it reduce the mail in voting capability, but you already know that.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 09:31

He’s already on the record saying he’s withhold funding if it reduce the mail in voting capability, but you already know that.
I'm pretty sure that's a distortion of what He said. Cite it, please.

yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

they cant. TOTAL..inference and fabrication. The USPS...has been historically ..fiscally out of control... Trump has threatened to reel them in. Nuthin else...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Highway Star wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 09:42

I know you can google ...
Donald Trump wrote:Now they need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots ... But if they don’t get those two items that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting.
It should be noted Trump opposes funding USPS.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 10:42

Donald Trump wrote:Now they need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots ... But if they don’t get those two items that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting.
"..."
You're hopelessly retarded.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Highway Star wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 10:52
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 10:42

"..."
You're hopelessly retarted.
Here is what was actually said.

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-tru ... st-13-2020

Who knows whether or not she’ll get there.
Neutral
Maria Bartiromo

00:10:00 - 00:10:14 (14 sec)

And what happened in terms of the breakdown and talks on the stimulus. Tell me about that because that’s another thing that they were complaining about you yesterday, saying well he’s not there negotiating. We want to get something done. The Democrats have put on the table this $3 trillion plan. What specifically are they pushing for that is causing this breakdown in any deals?
$3 trillion terms of the breakdown Democrats thing
Negative
Maria Bartiromo

00:10:14 - 00:10:21 (7 sec)

Nancy Pelosi said that the Democrats want to -- and the White House are still miles apart on stimulus.
Nancy Pelosi White House Democrats
Negative
Donald Trump

00:10:21 - 00:10:45 (24 sec)

Well they’re right, and it’s their fault. They want $3.5 billion for something that will turn out to be fraudulent, that’s election money basically. They want 3.5 trillion -- billion dollars for the mail-in votes, OK, universal mail-in ballots, 3.5 trillion. They want $25 billion, billion, for the Post Office.
$3.5 billion Post Office universal mail election money
Negative
Donald Trump

00:10:45 - 00:11:03 (18 sec)

Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots. Now, in the meantime, they aren’t getting there. By the way, those are just two items. But if they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it.
office work universal mail meantime
Negative
Donald Trump

00:11:03 - 00:11:26 (23 sec)

And you see how bad it’s been with this Carolyn Maloney scam, she scammed her way into an election. She probably lost, but they said mail-in ballots, it’s all mixed up. Patterson, New Jersey, same thing. Yesterday Virginia, 500,000 applications for ballots, got sent to everybody, nobody even knows. Got sent to dogs, got sent to dead people, nobody has no idea what happened.
Carolyn Maloney Yesterday Virginia dead people Carolyn Maloney scam
Negative
Donald Trump

00:11:26 - 00:11:36 (10 sec)

They said, oh, we made a mistake, I’m sorry. Five hundred thousand ballots sent in Virginia. How do you feel about Virginia going in there and you have 500,000 phony ballot applications?
Virginia phony ballot applications ballots
Negative
Maria Bartiromo

00:11:36 - 00:11:36 (0 sec)

Wow.
Positive
Donald Trump

00:11:36 - 00:11:38 (1 sec)

And if this is all over then I can give you -- [Crosstalk]
Crosstalk
Negative
Maria Bartiromo

00:11:38 - 00:11:40 (2 sec)

So, this is what’s holding it up? They want --
Positive
Donald Trump

00:11:40 - 00:11:42 (2 sec)

No, no, no, that’s only one aspect of it.
aspect
Negative
Maria Bartiromo

00:11:42 - 00:11:54 (12 sec)

So, Mr. President, this is what’s holding up money for the American people? They want mail-in votings and they want money for the Post Office. This is one of the sticking points that’s holding back stimulus for Americans during this coronavirus.
President sticking points Mr. President mail
Negative
Donald Trump

00:11:54 - 00:11:56 (1 sec)

Oh yes, that’s one of them.
Positive
Maria Bartiromo

00:11:56 - 00:11:58 (2 sec)

The Democrats wanting money for the Post Office for mail-in voting.
Post Office Democrats money
Neutral
Donald Trump

00:11:58 - 00:12:23 (26 sec)

That’s one of them, that’s right. How would you like to have, Maria, how would you like to have $3.5 billion, billion, for mail-in voting, billion? So, if you didn’t have it -- do you know how much money that is? Nobody has any idea, you know people, oh, $3.5 billion. They want $25 billion for the Post Office because the Post Office is going to have to go to town to get these great ridiculous ballots in.
$3.5 billion Post Office Maria Nobody
Negative
Donald Trump

00:12:23 - 00:12:47 (24 sec)

You know, there's nothing wrong with getting out and voting, you get out and vote. They voted during World War I and World War II, and they should have voter ID, because the Democrats scammed the system. But, two of the items are the Post Office and the $3.5 billion for mail-in voting. Now, if we don't make a deal, that means they don't get the money.
$3.5 billion Post Office World War World War II
Negative
Donald Trump

00:12:47 - 00:12:52 (6 sec)

That means they can't have universal mail-in voting, they just can't have it. So, you know, sort of a crazy thing. Very interesting.
mail universal mail sort of a crazy thing
Positive
Maria Bartiromo

00:12:52 - 00:12:54 (1 sec)

I see. How many states will be doing --
states
Neutral
Donald Trump

00:12:54 - 00:12:56 (2 sec)

Those are two of the items, but there are many more items.
items
Neutral
Maria Bartiromo

00:12:56 - 00:13:10 (15 sec)

-- I know that -- I know that's it up to the state's legislature, but how many states are going to be doing mail-in voting, Mr. President? A.G. Barr told me that this opens the floodgates of fraud. How many states are you expecting mail-in voting to take place in?
legislature states legislature A.G. Barr states
Negative
Donald Trump

00:13:10 - 00:13:28 (18 sec)

Well, your California where they're sending out tens of millions of ballots, they have no idea where they're going or maybe they do, maybe they'll go to everybody but Republicans. But, they have California, they have many states where you're going to have -- now I will say it, we're challenging in court -- we're challenging in court.
millions California ballots states
Negative
Donald Trump

00:13:28 - 00:13:45 (17 sec)

So, it's being challenged by -- at many different levels, we have many lawsuits out there. This will be the greatest fraud in history. This will be the most fraudulent -- this will be almost as fraudulent as Obama spying on my campaign, but not quite. This will be the greatest fraud in history.
different levels greatest fraud Obama
Negative
Maria Bartiromo

00:13:45 - 00:13:54 (9 sec)

Well, I'm going to get to that. And then there's the issue around federal IDs, you don't even need an ID in some places to actually vote.
issue federal IDs places
Positive
Donald Trump

00:13:54 - 00:13:54 (0 sec)

Yes.
Positive
Maria Bartiromo

00:13:54 - 00:14:02 (8 sec)

You need an ID for everything, but they don't want people to have identification to show that you are who you say you are when you go to vote.
ID people identification
Positive
Donald Trump

00:14:02 - 00:14:23 (21 sec)

It's called vote ID, it's the greatest thing there is. Everybody knows it. Some states, like Indiana, some very well run states have it, but many don't. And the Democrats are fighting it tooth and nail because they cheat. There's only one reason to fight it, they cheat. If you don't cheat you want to have voter ID, but many people vote.
Indiana run states states
Positive
Donald Trump

00:14:23 - 00:14:43 (20 sec)

If you look at California, we found over a million votes in Los Angeles, over a million. Judicial watched it, they were fantastic job they did, Tom Fitton and that group. They did a fantastic job. Found over a million votes where people were over 100 years old and they were voting. They had people, I think, 124-years-old.

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I don't recall mail in voting ever being controversial before Trump decided it was susceptible to fraud (without any real evidence). But you know, all his followers just adopt what he says and run with it.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 12:02 I don't recall mail in voting ever being controversial before Trump decided it was susceptible to fraud (without any real evidence). But you know, all his followers just adopt what he says and run with it.
Ah the retart is back!

Absentee voting by mail is fine. Not the same thing.

Standard vote by mail isn't a thing.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Highway Star wrote: Aug 17th, '20, 12:28Absentee voting by mail is fine. Not the same thing.
What's the difference between voting by mail versus absentee voting? In Pennsylvania, it's exactly the same thing.