Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Some fires did something (Kenosha WI)

Post by Highway Star »

Saw this live streamed last night:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 9242743808
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/12 ... 1699404800

NPR considers this a "large protest" and "some fires burned".

They're having a......fire sale.......
..........YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Some fires did something (Kenosha WI)

Post by Highway Star »

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

No comments about Jacob Blake being shot in the back by police officers in front of his three kids? I suppose, like Breonna Taylor, it's just another justifiable homicide ...
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 24th, '20, 10:40 No comments about Jacob Blake being shot in the back by police officers in front of his three kids? I suppose, like Breonna Taylor, it's just another justifiable homicide ...
Sure.

> 15 seconds of video of an event that happened less than 24 hours ago
> Blake not effected by taser / taser misdeployed
> Being yelled at to drop the knife
> Walks away from officers that have their guns drawn
> Attempts to enter car that can potentially be used as a deadly weapon
> Attempts to enter car with children that can possibly be used as hostages/human shields
> Attempts to enter car and potentially endanger children
> Attempts to enter car and potentially retrieve gun
> Prior record for multiple violent offenses, he wouldn't think twice about assaulting or shooting *you personally* if you made him mad

That said, Kenosha is clearly a lily white Chicago satellite city which keeps it's poor people tightly contained.

Justified shooting, bog standard policing.

EDIT: Here is the Jacob Blake complaint from May 3rd:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... plaint.pdf
Last edited by Highway Star on Aug 27th, '20, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Highway Star wrote: Aug 24th, '20, 11:06
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 24th, '20, 10:40 No comments about Jacob Blake being shot in the back by police officers in front of his three kids? I suppose, like Breonna Taylor, it's just another justifiable homicide ...
Sure.

> 15 seconds of video of an event that happened less than 24 hours ago
> Blake not effected by taser / taser misdeployed
> Being yelled at to drop the knife
> Walks away from officers that have their guns drawn
> Attempts to enter car that can potentially be used as a deadly weapon
> Attempts to enter car with children that can possibly be used as hostages/human shields
> Attempts to enter car and potentially endanger children
> Attempts to enter car and potentially retrieve gun
> Prior record for multiple violent offenses, he wouldn't think twice about assaulting or shooting *you personally* if you made him mad

That said, Kenosha is clearly a lily white Chicago satellite city which keeps it's poor people tightly contained.

Justified shooting, bog standard policing.
My thought is three officers should be able to subdue an unarmed man without killing him. I mean the officer that killed him grabbed his shoulder and then his shirt (but not his body) which was an error by the officer, so then the officer kills him? The other officers were doing what exactly? Aiming their their guns against the man instead of assisting in subduing him I guess?

The man should have never made it to his car had the police done their job $02.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

We need more facts, sure, but what we know so far looks very bad for the shooters. Hard to argue deadly force was necessary when shooting someone in the back.

There needs to be a sea change in how police are trained to use deadly force. It should only be deployed when there is an imminent threat of serious bodily harm to police or others in the area. The one thing most of these situations seem to have in common is that deadly force is being used when the imminent threat has passed or never manifested to being with. Someone running toward/entering a car that "might" be used as a weapon is really a pretty spurious argument for imminent threat of serious bodily harm. I mean if we took that as an imminent threat then police could shoot to kill anyone for just entering a car, which of course is absurd.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 08:24I mean if we took that as an imminent threat then police could shoot to kill anyone for just entering a car, which of course is absurd.
Well if an officer says don't get in your car and, you do anyway, clearly you deserve to die.

Also, if you answer your door legally armed because someone is knocking on it in the middle of the night, like Ryan Whitaker did, you also deserve to die.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The other issue that I think people need to understand is that police are not allowed to shoot someone for running away and/or not following an order. Here's what the Supreme Court said about it: “The use of deadly force to prevent the escape of all felony suspects, whatever the circumstances, is constitutionally unreasonable.” Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985).

Obviously the details matter. A single officer responding to a scene alone is going to have much more justification for resorting to deadly force than an incident where the suspect is outnumbered by police, as was the case in Kenosha and many other similar cases.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Just a reminder that if you resist arrest, the police might not kill you, but you could end up maimed and paralyzed.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 09:19 The other issue that I think people need to understand is that police are not allowed to shoot someone for running away and/or not following an order. Here's what the Supreme Court said about it: “The use of deadly force to prevent the escape of all felony suspects, whatever the circumstances, is constitutionally unreasonable.” Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985).

Obviously the details matter. A single officer responding to a scene alone is going to have much more justification for resorting to deadly force than an incident where the suspect is outnumbered by police, as was the case in Kenosha and many other similar cases.
LOL, you're funny. :lol:

Cops don't have to wait for the bad guys to pull out their gun and shot first. That's not how use of force works. This isn't f*** Star Wars you neckbeard.
Last edited by Highway Star on Aug 25th, '20, 19:23, edited 2 times in total.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 08:24 There needs to be a sea change in how police are trained to use deadly force.
Agree completely. They should be allowed to shoot rioters.

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Highway Star wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 09:50Cops don't have to wait for the bad guys to pull out their gun and shot first. That's not how use force works. This isn't f*** Star Wars you neckbeard.
I guess we can put you into that group of people that don't seem to understand that police have to have an imminent threat of grievous bodily harm before using deadly force. Sure, police don't have to wait for the bad guy to shoot first, but they certainly can't shoot someone unless that someone is presenting an imminent threat. If the gun's still in his pocket, that's not an imminent threat. If he's running away, that's not an imminent threat. That's actually the law as it stands today, not just something I'd like to see implemented.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 10:26
Highway Star wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 09:50Cops don't have to wait for the bad guys to pull out their gun and shot first. That's not how use force works. This isn't f*** Star Wars you neckbeard.
I guess we can put you into that group of people that don't seem to understand that police have to have an imminent threat of grievous bodily harm before using deadly force. Sure, police don't have to wait for the bad guy to shoot first, but they certainly can't shoot someone unless that someone is presenting an imminent threat. If the gun's still in his pocket, that's not an imminent threat. If he's running away, that's not an imminent threat. That's actually the law as it stands today, not just something I'd like to see implemented.
You're straight up cumguzzling CNN.

Use of force is EXTREMELY clear and well documented. Clearly in this case the suspect was an imminent threat to the officers and bystanders. He could have easily pulled out a gun and started shooting. The officer was right to shoot when he did and likely saved lives.

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Highway Star wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 10:37Use of force is EXTREMELY clear and well documented. Clearly in this case the suspect was an imminent threat to the officers and bystanders. He could have easily pulled out a gun and started shooting. The officer was right to shoot when he did and likely saved lives.
Actually, I'm providing you with an accurate recitation of the law. I even cited a Supreme Court case up there. I note you have not cited to a single case or statute. I believe it is you who are falling prey to a media narrative, be it the right-wing side.

BTW, did the guy have a gun? From what I understand he was unarmed. Hard to argue he could have pulled out a gun if he in fact had no gun on him.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 10:43
Highway Star wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 10:37Use of force is EXTREMELY clear and well documented. Clearly in this case the suspect was an imminent threat to the officers and bystanders. He could have easily pulled out a gun and started shooting. The officer was right to shoot when he did and likely saved lives.
Actually, I'm providing you with an accurate recitation of the law. I even cited a Supreme Court case up there. I note you have not cited to a single case or statute. I believe it is you who are falling prey to a media narrative, be it the right-wing side.
Imagine being as stupid and dishonest as you are.
Primary Holding
Under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, a police officer may use deadly force to prevent the escape of a fleeing suspect only if the officer has a good-faith belief that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.
https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/471/1/