XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: It's Time To End This Malarkey

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

hillbangin wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 08:09
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
hillbangin wrote: Oct 24th, '20, 20:58
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bigjohnski wrote: Oct 24th, '20, 18:28 You blame our president and not China. You are the traitor.
Imagine if the bombing of Pearl Harbor happened today and the President didn’t respond. That’s what we’re talking about here. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, but it was up to Roosevelt to lead us to victory.

We don’t have anyone leading us right now. We don’t have a Roosevelt or a Truman right now.

We have a Pearl Harbor happening every three days and the President isn’t taking action.
Your boy Bush Jr spent 10Trillion in the middle east doing something after the planes hit the towers.

Are we better off? How did that work out?

What exactly do you want Trump to do ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I’d say Bush went too far when we got involved in Iraq and we’re worse off today because of it.

What do I want Trump to do? It would be a start if he stopped pretending it’s over, enact a national mandate requiring masks, and follow the rest of his own pandemic playbook.
So if he tells everyone to wear a mask, tells everyone this is really bad, then you will be happy and wear a MAGA hat?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Mark Meadows this morning: “We are not going to get control of the pandemic.”

Trump is a self proclaimed war time president and he’s not just losing the battle, but surrendering.

The nations lack of support for Trump extends beyond COVID, but Trump’s disastrous handling of the pandemic will lead to his demise.

As for wearing political clothing/bumper stickers/yard signs, not my thing. Never have, never will.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 24th, '20, 20:48 Imagine if the bombing of Pearl Harbor happened today and the President didn’t respond. That’s what we’re talking about here. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, but it was up to Roosevelt to lead us to victory.

We don’t have anyone leading us right now. We don’t have a Roosevelt or a Truman right now.

We have a Pearl Harbor happening every three days and the President isn’t taking action.
For some reason you leave out:

Closing the border to travel from China
Closing the border to travel from Europe
Configuring and sending two hospital ships to major cities that were nearing crisis
Limiting over supply of ventilators to states that were asking for more than they needed
Organized war time like emergency increased production of ventilators
Once US supply of ventilators was accomplished, shipped ventilators to other countries in need
Instituted right to try for emerging therapies
Fast tracked vaccine research
Advance ordering of hundreds of millions of doses to prime the supply chain
Using resources of military to provide distribution of vaccine once approved

There's likely more, I didn't google it.

Why are you choosing to leave so much out when expressing your summation of Trump's performance in addressing the virus?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

He’s not taking measures to prevent spread / contain the virus, aside from closing borders. Imagine if our response to Pearl Harbor ended with the bombing of Tokyo and then we did nothing else but the Manhattan project to deliver us a nuclear bomb. That’s what we’re doing here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 10:49
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 24th, '20, 20:48 Imagine if the bombing of Pearl Harbor happened today and the President didn’t respond. That’s what we’re talking about here. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, but it was up to Roosevelt to lead us to victory.

Closing the border to travel from China :like

Closing the border to travel from Europe :like :dislike Right move but way too late and done so haphazardly that long lines at entry points acted as superspreader events.

Configuring and sending two hospital ships to major cities that were nearing crisis :like

Limiting over supply of ventilators to states that were asking for more than they needed :like :dislike Some states could've used more and in a more timely manner.

Organized war time like emergency increased production of ventilators :like :dislike For the most part, companies like Ford did this on their own.

Once US supply of ventilators was accomplished, shipped ventilators to other countries in need

Instituted right to try for emerging therapies :like :dislike CDC and FDA already had and have that ability. Trump had little if anything to do with it except to claim credit.

Fast tracked vaccine research :like

Advance ordering of hundreds of millions of doses to prime the supply chain :like :dislike We'll have to wait and see on this one

Using resources of military to provide distribution of vaccine once approved :like :dislike We'll have to wait and see on this one as well

Why are you choosing to leave so much out when expressing your summation of Trump's performance in addressing the virus?
Meanwhile, all he had to do was acknowledge rather than deny the oncoming onslaught, prepare the country for it, encourage rather than politicize mask wearing, begin far earlier to increase PPE production and likely more. I didn't Google it. Anyway, it is what it is...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 11:12 He’s not taking measures to prevent spread / contain the virus, aside from closing borders. Imagine if our response to Pearl Harbor ended with the bombing of Tokyo and then we did nothing else but the Manhattan project to deliver us a nuclear bomb. That’s what we’re doing here.
Comparing this to WW2 is stupid. No comparison.

Think of Trump as the quarterback - if he throws the ball to the scientists and the doctors and they aren't ready for the pass or drop it - is that his fault? The scientists were not on top of this in the beginning - and here we are.....

Going back to your dumb comparison - FDR had GREAT generals and admirals and business people ( Ford, etc ) . Trump has - left over hacks, Twitter, Facebook, Google, Apple and Amazon.........The only thing Trump has working for him are the drug companies - and most of them HQ outside of the US to dodge the taxes........and the libs want to nationalize healthcare and stop paying for drug research.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Mister Moose wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 10:49

Closing the border to travel from China
Closing the border to travel from Europe
Configuring and sending two hospital ships to major cities that were nearing crisis
Limiting over supply of ventilators to states that were asking for more than they needed
Organized war time like emergency increased production of ventilators
Instituted right to try for emerging therapies
Fast tracked vaccine research
Advance ordering of hundreds of millions of doses to prime the supply chain
Using resources of military to provide distribution of vaccine once approved

Left out the daily press conferences where he personally took questions from the press, also had numerous officials and occasionally business leaders.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

OBAMA IS RIDIN' WITH BIDEN

https://twitter.com/BlankAddd/status/13 ... 9926648832

(censored but NSFW)

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

hillbangin wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 11:12 He’s not taking measures to prevent spread / contain the virus, aside from closing borders. Imagine if our response to Pearl Harbor ended with the bombing of Tokyo and then we did nothing else but the Manhattan project to deliver us a nuclear bomb. That’s what we’re doing here.
Comparing this to WW2 is stupid. No comparison.

Think of Trump as the quarterback - if he throws the ball to the scientists and the doctors and they aren't ready for the pass or drop it - is that his fault? The scientists were not on top of this in the beginning - and here we are.....

Going back to your dumb comparison - FDR had GREAT generals and admirals and business people ( Ford, etc ) . Trump has - left over hacks, Twitter, Facebook, Google, Apple and Amazon.........The only thing Trump has working for him are the drug companies - and most of them HQ outside of the US to dodge the taxes........and the libs want to nationalize healthcare and stop paying for drug research.
You think Trump has done a reasonably good job of the pandemic after all we've seen? FFS the fool failed to enforce protocols at the white house and caused himself, his family, and numerous key leaders to get infected. You think scientists dropped the ball? Trump has been openly criticizing his own chief infectious disease specist because he didn't like what the scientists had to say. You think the people he has to work with are left over hacks? He'd been in office for nearly 3 years before the pandemic. The people he's working with are the people he put there. Are you on the same planet as the rest of us?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Here's another data point for you. Trump's campaign rallies are actively spreading the virus. He is literally making it worse.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 679534001/

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 12:09
mister moose wrote:
Closing the border to travel from China :like

Closing the border to travel from Europe :like :dislike Right move but way too late and done so haphazardly that long lines at entry points acted as superspreader events. And yet he was roasted for this at the time. Yes, it could have been done better in theory, but you come up with a better plan for airlines, crew, tourists, businessmen, all located in different countries with different medical resources, arriving in multiple airports at multiple times where travel options for those that choose to delay would be reduced due to lack of crew if they wait a few days. You have 12 hours to come up with a multi national plan.

Configuring and sending two hospital ships to major cities that were nearing crisis :like

Limiting over supply of ventilators to states that were asking for more than they needed :like :dislike Some states could've used more and in a more timely manner. Which ones? How many people were denied use of a ventilator?

Organized war time like emergency increased production of ventilators :like :dislike For the most part, companies like Ford did this on their own. Source?

Instituted right to try for emerging therapies :like :dislike CDC and FDA already had and have that ability. Trump had little if anything to do with it except to claim credit. Asked for bill, and signed it once Congress gave it to him: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... americans/

Fast tracked vaccine research :like

Advance ordering of hundreds of millions of doses to prime the supply chain :like :dislike We'll have to wait and see on this one We don't have to wait and see if he did it.

Using resources of military to provide distribution of vaccine once approved :like :dislike We'll have to wait and see on this one as well We don't have to wait and see if he did it. (Prepared the military to act)

Meanwhile, all he had to do was acknowledge rather than deny the oncoming onslaught, prepare the country for it, encourage rather than politicize mask wearing, begin far earlier to increase PPE production and likely more. I didn't Google it. Anyway, it is what it is...
While it is generally accepted that mask use reduces the chance of infection, there is a lot of uncertainty there. What percent of droplets escape out the side in poorly sealed masks? What percent of droplets are captured by the large number of non medical cloth masks? What degree of contamination occurs by touching the outside of the mask? What degree of transmission occurs when so many people's mask drops below their nose?

And lastly, how much additional mask wearing would occur just because Trump says so? Half the country is in revolt against everything and anything he says. Would the Killington party that spread the virus have occurred if Trump had said masks should be worn?

Yes, the President should set the tone. He also should not over react as hoarding supplies has already occurred. It's a fine line, and he could have drawn that line better. For that, and only that in spite of other accomplishments half the board chooses to ignore, we should run him out of town. Preferably now, not in January. Come on, man.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

It's not just about Trump dropping the ball with masks, as bad as that has been. You're glossing over a whole string of failures and bad decisions. Read my posts above for just a few.

I'm also not sure what accomplishments you're talking about. The vaccine research would have been pursued aggressively no matter who was in office, so he doesn't get many points for that. Shutting down travel when he did was not really all that effective because by the time he did it, the virus was already here. Ventilators? Ventilators haven't been an issue since like April. Before Trump's actions could deliver any, the experts in the field discovered treatments like proning vastly reduced the need for ventilators. Meanwhile, he's done many other things that have made the situation worse.

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Here's a thing on Trump's ventilator "accomplishments"
The federal government is backing out of a controversial $646.7 million deal to buy ventilators from Royal Philips N.V., acting before the company had delivered a third of the order.

The deal has been the focus of several ProPublica stories since March. That reporting prompted a congressional investigation that last month found “evidence of fraud, waste and abuse” in the acquisition of the Philips ventilators.
https://www.propublica.org/article/the- ... -the-price

And here's a source about how demand for ventilators is decreasing even while the virus is surging. Meanwhile, Trump is taking delivery of a sh!t-ton of ventilators that we no longer need.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6927292/trum ... tors-glut/

yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

inasmuch as I avoid the " Libtard" slam?... Nopleasyrider ... ...youre a tubesteak. If none of yer buddies ( those that actually THINK...) have yet point out...that cree-zap such as Propubica..is nothing but a HORRIBLY Left leaning blog....well...youre not likely to learn anything.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

...at least rise to the 12th Grade level of indoctrination...... of NYSlimes... the regrettable WashPost....and other once great ( now pathetic) excuse for what was once known as actual " Journalism).