It's Time To End This Malarkey

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: It's Time To End This Malarkey

Post by Highway Star »

boston_e wrote: Oct 26th, '20, 07:43
Highway Star wrote: Oct 26th, '20, 07:01 Testing is readily and widely available.
On paper this may be true, but in practice not so much.

My experience trying to get tested for travel to a quarantine state was far less than ideal. None of the places i tried calling could tell me: (a) if my insurance would cover it, (b) how much it would cost if my insurance didn't cover it or (c) how long it would take to get the results......

So almost useless.
I really don't care about your shitty anecdotal experience. :roll:

Friend of mine got tested last week in New York, they were given both a quick test and the lab test, both covered by insurance. Walk right in if you go at the right time of day.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Agreed, anecdotal evidence doesn't provide much support for a conclusion.

Here's an article with statistical information and expert opinions on how we still lag in testing:
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1243946
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Highway Star wrote: Oct 26th, '20, 08:54
Highway Star wrote: Oct 26th, '20, 07:01 Testing is readily and widely available.

My experience trying to get tested for travel to a quarantine state was far less than ideal. None of the places i tried calling could tell me: (a) if my insurance would cover it, (b) how much it would cost if my insurance didn't cover it or (c) how long it would take to get the results......

So almost useless.
I really don't care about your shitty anecdotal experience. :roll:

Friend of mine got tested last week in New York, they were given both a quick test and the lab test, both covered by insurance. Walk right in if you go at the right time of day.
I really don't care about your friends decent anecdotal experience. :roll:
Don't Killington Pico
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Here's my anecdotal experience

Found out this morning our neighbor tested positive. Asymptomatic, but needed a test due to upcoming surgery. Our kids play with their daughter outside quite regularly. Most recently on Thursday. He was tested Friday. Got the results this morning.

In order to return to work and our daughter daycare, we need negative tests or quarantine for 14 days. Signed up for a test at CVS, scheduled for 2:30 today. 48 hour turn around promised on results. Kids scheduled for test with pediatrician. 48 hour turn around for results.
WeekendWarrior
Beginner On Rentals

Post by WeekendWarrior »

So almost useless.
I've been tested twice. Once by my primary care and once at a rapid-testing site. When I asked the office person at the rapid testing site how much it was going to cost, her reply was "Don't worry about it honey, your insurance will cover it." I never went inside the facility, everything was done over the phone, and I was feeling like crap, so I didn't press the issue. But the more I think about it, the more PO I get.
WeekendWarrior
Beginner On Rentals

Post by WeekendWarrior »

deadheadskier wrote: Oct 26th, '20, 10:05 Here's my anecdotal experience

Found out this morning our neighbor tested positive. Asymptomatic, but needed a test due to upcoming surgery. Our kids play with their daughter outside quite regularly. Most recently on Thursday. He was tested Friday. Got the results this morning.

In order to return to work and our daughter daycare, we need negative tests or quarantine for 14 days. Signed up for a test at CVS, scheduled for 2:30 today. 48 hour turn around promised on results. Kids scheduled for test with pediatrician. 48 hour turn around for results.
Scary. Fingers crossed for you.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

WeekendWarrior wrote: Oct 26th, '20, 10:42
deadheadskier wrote: Oct 26th, '20, 10:05 Here's my anecdotal experience

Scary. Fingers crossed for you.
+1
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

More support to demonstrate my point the White House put all their egg in the 'cure' bucket and wasn't interested in doing anything to monitor/control the spread, aside from closing the borders ...
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (640.6 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The evidence sure does suggest that Trump purposely did not invest in testing because he was afraid that more tests would lead to higher numbers and endanger his reelection chances. If that is true, it is criminal mismanagement.

Cite:
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... ort-2020-3
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

easyrider16 wrote:The evidence sure does suggest that Trump purposely did not invest in testing because he was afraid that more tests would lead to higher numbers and endanger his reelection chances. If that is true, it is criminal mismanagement.

Cite:
Ya. That's what he did.

He's a criminal. And stupid. He actually caught the Covid. And gave it to his family because he was rolling around on AF 1 with Hope Hicks.

All that testing that gets done now is ruining his chances of re election.

Joe's plan is much better. I heard Cuomo is going to be in charge because NY is in such great shape.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Highway Star wrote:BIDEN 404's

https://streamable.com/a25yfz
Wow... sad actually.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

hillbangin wrote: Oct 27th, '20, 13:49
easyrider16 wrote:The evidence sure does suggest that Trump purposely did not invest in testing because he was afraid that more tests would lead to higher numbers and endanger his reelection chances. If that is true, it is criminal mismanagement.

Cite:
Ya. That's what he did.
Well, do you have an explanation for why Trump apparently slow-walked funding for increased testing? Congress appropriated $25 billion for it and Trump sat on it for months (see my post a few levels above). See also XJ's post above, where he points out how little was spent on testing compared to vaccines and theraputics. Trump clearly was not prioritizing testing. That fact isn't reasonably subject to dispute, is it? Doesn't this cause you to ask some questions about why?

Also, being against Trump does not necessarily mean being for Biden or Cuomo. As I've said numerous times, both Trump and Biden are bad choices, but I have to vote for the least bad choice.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Regeneron (same drug POTUS received) reports results on COVID-19 antibody drug that it reduced COVID-19 related medical visits by 57% overall, 72% in patients with one or more risk factor. The problem? There's only 50k doses available. See therapeutics spending graph above. Another failure by the administration to put focus on an industrial effort to get the supply we needed.