It's Time To End This Malarkey

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: It's Time To End This Malarkey

Post by hillbangin »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:...at least rise to the 12th Grade level of indoctrination...... of NYSlimes... the regrettable WashPost....and other once great ( now pathetic) excuse for what was once known as actual " Journalism).
A friends daughter recently came home from the People's Republic of Amherst ( UMass )

They got into a big fight about Trump.

The mother said to the daughter Where do you get your news?

She said Instagram and stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

So which facts in the article do you dispute?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Mister Moose wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 13:21While it is generally accepted that mask use reduces the chance of infection, there is a lot of uncertainty there. What percent of droplets escape out the side in poorly sealed masks? What percent of droplets are captured by the large number of non medical cloth masks? What degree of contamination occurs by touching the outside of the mask? What degree of transmission occurs when so many people's mask drops below their nose?
Can we at least agree there’s less transmission with a mask than without?
Mister Moose wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 13:21And lastly, how much additional mask wearing would occur just because Trump says so? Half the country is in revolt against everything and anything he says. Would the Killington party that spread the virus have occurred if Trump had said masks should be worn?
Look at other countries. We seem to be the only ones having issues with mask wearing. I think Trump and the GOP played a pivotal role in this. My colleague in Taiwan put it plainly “Why won’t you guys just wear a mask?!”
Mister Moose wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 13:21Yes, the President should set the tone. He also should not over react as hoarding supplies has already occurred. It's a fine line, and he could have drawn that line better. For that, and only that in spite of other accomplishments half the board chooses to ignore, we should run him out of town. Preferably now, not in January. Come on, man.
“and only that”

That’s a remarkable statement. “That” is why we’re in the situation we’re in.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I'll pile on. I've read numerous articles wherein experts say wearing masks is one of the most effective things we can do to fight the spread of coronavirus. Some said it might be more effective than a vaccine. The CDC is urging everyone to wear them. At this point, disputing the the effectiveness of wearing masks is tantamount to ignoring the science.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020 ... masks.html

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 14:48
Mister Moose wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 13:21While it is generally accepted that mask use reduces the chance of infection, there is a lot of uncertainty there. What percent of droplets escape out the side in poorly sealed masks? What percent of droplets are captured by the large number of non medical cloth masks? What degree of contamination occurs by touching the outside of the mask? What degree of transmission occurs when so many people's mask drops below their nose?
Can we at least agree there’s less transmission with a mask than without?
Mister Moose wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 13:21And lastly, how much additional mask wearing would occur just because Trump says so? Half the country is in revolt against everything and anything he says. Would the Killington party that spread the virus have occurred if Trump had said masks should be worn?
Look at other countries. We seem to be the only ones having issues with mask wearing. I think Trump and the GOP played a pivotal role in this. My colleague in Taiwan put it plainly “Why won’t you guys just wear a mask?!”
Mister Moose wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 13:21Yes, the President should set the tone. He also should not over react as hoarding supplies has already occurred. It's a fine line, and he could have drawn that line better. For that, and only that in spite of other accomplishments half the board chooses to ignore, we should run him out of town. Preferably now, not in January. Come on, man.
“and only that”

That’s a remarkable statement. “That” is why we’re in the situation we’re in.
Someone should quarantine if they are within 6ft of an infected person for more than 10 minutes....BOTH WEARING MASKS.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

easyrider16 wrote:I'll pile on. I've read numerous articles wherein experts say wearing masks is one of the most effective things we can do to fight the spread of coronavirus. Some said it might be more effective than a vaccine. The CDC is urging everyone to wear them. At this point, disputing the the effectiveness of wearing masks is tantamount to ignoring the science.

N95 masks maybe.

Face diapers not so much.

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Click the link. It's not talking about N95's. It's talking about cloth masks.

I actually find it hard to believe we are even talking about this. The evidence is overwhelming at this point.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16 wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 15:58 Click the link. It's not talking about N95's. It's talking about cloth masks.

I actually find it hard to believe we are even talking about this. The evidence is overwhelming at this point.

I wear a mask and stay the f*** away from everybody, period.

Doesn't mean that you're not retarded.

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

hillbangin wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 15:49
easyrider16 wrote:I'll pile on. I've read numerous articles wherein experts say wearing masks is one of the most effective things we can do to fight the spread of coronavirus. Some said it might be more effective than a vaccine. The CDC is urging everyone to wear them. At this point, disputing the the effectiveness of wearing masks is tantamount to ignoring the science.

N95 masks maybe.

Ever work in a hospital? What do surgeons and support staff wear during cases nearly 100% of the time? What do clinicians wear entering patient rooms with droplet precautions?

Hint: not N95

Not saying N95 masks aren't better. That's what I wear in the multiple hospitals I enter every day. But, you are rather clueless to shrug off the effectiveness of the basic blue surgical masks you see now sold everywhere. A recently changed one of those or a clean cloth mask combined with social distancing is going to be plenty effective the vast majority of the time.

The fact that our president has openly mocked mask wearing is a problem. The fact he caught the virus shows how patently stupid he is. He's the last person on earth who should have become infected.

But you Cult 45ers are all in. Believe everything the Charlatan in Chief says and fiercely defend his BS.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Big rally?

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

deadheadskier wrote:
hillbangin wrote: Oct 25th, '20, 15:49

N95 masks maybe.

Ever work in a hospital? What do surgeons and support staff wear during cases nearly 100% of the time? What do clinicians wear entering patient rooms with droplet precautions?

Hint: not N95

Not saying N95 masks aren't better. That's what I wear in the multiple hospitals I enter every day. But, you are rather clueless to shrug off the effectiveness of the basic blue surgical masks you see now sold everywhere. A recently changed one of those or a clean cloth mask combined with social distancing is going to be plenty effective the vast majority of the time.

The fact that our president has openly mocked mask wearing is a problem. The fact he caught the virus shows how patently stupid he is. He's the last person on earth who should have become infected.

But you Cult 45ers are all in. Believe everything the Charlatan in Chief says and fiercely defend his BS.
My wife is a nurse and wears an n95 most of the day.

What else you got.

Don't assume everyone on this board is a clueless ski bum.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I got more than one nurse in one hospital for a "gotcha" chief.

Spent most of Thursday in the neurology and vascular units of MGH including the ORs. I'd put the N95 usage by clinicians at less than 5%.

Typically visit 2-3 hospitals a day in VT, NH, ME and Eastern MA. Same thing pretty much everywhere since about July. May it was certainly more common to see them.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »