2020 Election

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
boston_e
Postaholic

Re: 2020 Election

Post by boston_e »

easyrider16 wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 06:25
Dickc wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 17:01 Funny, I have issues with Sotomayor, and Kagen. Also Thomas.
I'm curious. What are your issues with each of these judges? Any particular decisions you find egregious?

For me, the one I can name is Thomas and his concurrence on Dobbs suggesting the Constitution does not protect same-sex marriage or the right to contraception. That's some pretty radical stuff IMHO. As to Sotomayor and Kagen, I can't think of any decisions they've written or concurred with that are particularly radical.
Thomas' wife using her husband's position and connections to push election lies should be enough to disqualify him from the bench entirely.

Can you imagine how the deplorables would react if the shoe were on the other foot?
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 07:42 "John Durham used the Sussmann and Danchenko trials to expose the malfeasance of a misbegotten Crossfire Hurricane team," he said, using the code name for the FBI's pursuit of now-debunked allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to sway the outcome of the 2016 election. "Sussmann and Danchenko clearly lied, but two juries, probably correctly, could not hold them guilty and subject to punishment in the face of Durham's continued exposure of the duplicity of the Crossfire Hurricane plotters who remain unpunished.
Quite the spin job, here. Danchenko and Sussmann clearly lied, but the jury could not hold them guilty? Huh? If they clearly lied, the jury was required to find them guilty. That's the law, regardless of what else is happening with Crossfire. The fact that the jury did not find them guilty is quite clear evidence that the jury did not believe they lied.

I don't even see what Crossfire's other alleged malfeasance has to do with it - if these two clearly lied to the FBI, that is a crime, period. If the FBI committed other malfeasance it wouldn't change the verdict in these cases unless there was some act of coercion. I haven't seen any facts that suggest the lies were coerced, and certainly none are cited in this piece. Rather, it seems like total spin, trying to take the clear negative results here and spin them into something positive. :bull
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 08:43
throbster wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 07:42 "John Durham used the Sussmann and Danchenko trials to expose the malfeasance of a misbegotten Crossfire Hurricane team," he said, using the code name for the FBI's pursuit of now-debunked allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to sway the outcome of the 2016 election. "Sussmann and Danchenko clearly lied, but two juries, probably correctly, could not hold them guilty and subject to punishment in the face of Durham's continued exposure of the duplicity of the Crossfire Hurricane plotters who remain unpunished.
Quite the spin job, here. Danchenko and Sussmann clearly lied, but the jury could not hold them guilty? Huh? If they clearly lied, the jury was required to find them guilty. That's the law, regardless of what else is happening with Crossfire. The fact that the jury did not find them guilty is quite clear evidence that the jury did not believe they lied.

I don't even see what Crossfire's other alleged malfeasance has to do with it - if these two clearly lied to the FBI, that is a crime, period. If the FBI committed other malfeasance it wouldn't change the verdict in these cases unless there was some act of coercion. I haven't seen any facts that suggest the lies were coerced, and certainly none are cited in this piece. Rather, it seems like total spin, trying to take the clear negative results here and spin them into something positive. :bull
You clearly didn't read the article.

It's has been historically difficult for Republicans (their causes) to get a win in the DC courts. Swamp creatures jury pool.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 09:07 You clearly didn't read the article.
I do tend to gloss over titles and read the body because titles usually are bullsh!t written to capture views and clicks.
throbster wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 09:07It's has been historically difficult for Republicans (their causes) to get a win in the DC courts. Swamp creatures jury pool.
Hah, Bubba was right, you're claiming there's a deep state jury pool :lol: . I'm betting you have no idea how a jury is chosen, or that the prosecutor can argue that jurors be dismissed for potential bias and on top of that have peremptory challenges giving him the right to dismiss jurors for no reason at all.

Sounds more to me like you're complaining about the process because your team lost. Unless you have evidence of this alleged bias, I think this is just sour grapes but no substance, just like Trump's lies about election fraud.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Because Bah bah is the all knowing oracle of DC politics? 🤣
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 11:21 Because Bah bah is the all knowing oracle of DC politics? 🤣
Like I said, no substance. :dis
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 24th, '22, 07:09 Concerning allegations that the Whitmer kidnapping case was some sort of FBI sting operation / entrapment:
Fancypants wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 19:48
throbster wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 09:44 The justice department and FBI are corrupt and tampered with the election.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/09/fbi- ... erference/
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this whole Jan 6th insurrection narrative isn't more than another FBI "sting" operation. When do the FBI SWAT units complete with "frogmen" and CNN cameras show up in Malibu at Hunter's joint?
easyrider16 wrote: Apr 12th, '22, 07:08 Entrapment is a legitimate defense and there may be truth to some of it, at least with regard to the accused who were acquitted. However, two of these guys pleaded guilty to serious time and two more are being re-tried, and I would wait to see what happens with them before reaching a conclusion.

Well those two guys who were getting re-tried? just got convicted. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your sources of information?

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/23/11190157 ... idnap-plot
Three men convicted of aiding plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Whitmer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... g-verdict/
The three men — Joseph Morrison, Paul Bellar and Pete Musico — were found guilty in Jackson County Circuit Court of providing material support for terrorist acts, possessing a firearm while committing a felony, and being members of a gang. They face up to 20 years in prison.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Sheesh these deep state jury pools are everywhere!
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

I'm about done with NH's ads on the Boston media. Also the Boston news has taken a keen interest in the NH races as it appears that polling hads Bolduc ahead of Hassan by a point, and Leavitt up on Pappas by four points. I have not expected this, and thinnk election night might be kind of interesting up there. Also now seeing a Kuster ad on Boston media slamming her opponent. I thought Kuster represented the northern part of NH, so why advertise on Boston media?

PS, pardon my spelling of candidate names.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Need more ads everywhere calling out the idiot Bolduc

This gullible Republican:

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Pinkerto ... m-48660465

Was fooled by this guy:

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/ ... c7Mq0bgpiQ

Any litter box posts from throbster? I'd be surprised if there wasn't
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dickc wrote: Nov 3rd, '22, 17:42 I'm about done with NH's ads on the Boston media. Also the Boston news has taken a keen interest in the NH races as it appears that polling hads Bolduc ahead of Hassan by a point, and Leavitt up on Pappas by four points. I have not expected this, and thinnk election night might be kind of interesting up there. Also now seeing a Kuster ad on Boston media slamming her opponent. I thought Kuster represented the northern part of NH, so why advertise on Boston media?

PS, pardon my spelling of candidate names.
We’ve been overwhelmed by NH and upstate NY ads for weeks and, because we couldn’t stand them anymore, we came down to NYC for a few days just to get a break. :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 10:00we came down to NYC for a few days just to get a break. :wink:
Hope you got down to Stone St and got some pizza from Adrienne's
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 11:22
Bubba wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 10:00we came down to NYC for a few days just to get a break. :wink:
Already left and now in Atlantic City for a show tonight.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 13:35
Don't have any AC recommendations for you, but always enjoy some poker down at Borgata!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 13:44
Bubba wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 13:35
Don't have any AC recommendations for you, but always enjoy some poker down at Borgata!
That’s where we are. Seeing Sebastian Maniscalco tonight then heading back north tomorrow.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald