2020 Election

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: 2020 Election

Post by easyrider16 »

So I looked up some more info on AZ. Most of the uncounted votes in AZ are from Maricopa County, which leans Republican. However, in 2016, Trump only carried the county by 47.67% to Clinton's 44.83%. With about 450k votes to count, to beat the 60k margin right now, Trump would need to carry the county by something approaching 60%. I think that's pretty unlikely.

Sources:
https://recorder.maricopa.gov/electiona ... 202016.pdf
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-se ... challenge/
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Apparently no recount for WI has been filed by Trump. Just more lies.
TheLurker
Bumper

Post by TheLurker »

Biden currently leading 51.4% - 47.2% in Maricopa County per CNN.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Someone I know has written on Facebook that she's opened a "Parler account where content isn't censored. Videos of 'select' poll workers actually committing fraud can be seen! Facebook and YouTube are blocking them - SHOCKING what's happening and it's rampant." I had to go look up what Parler is as I'd never heard of it.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 15:21 Someone I know has written on Facebook that she's opened a "Parler account where content isn't censored. Videos of 'select' poll workers actually committing fraud can be seen! Facebook and YouTube are blocking them - SHOCKING what's happening and it's rampant." I had to go look up what Parler is as I'd never heard of it.
Parler is like Twitter, but without any guardrails. It’s somewhat like a echo chamber for the far right.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Really useful info for those interested:

https://alex.github.io/nyt-2020-electio ... anges.html
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 3rd, '20, 11:16 Seeds are being planted ... Republicans in Montgomery County PA are against notifying voters there's something wrong with their mail-in ballot. Every vote cast up to and including on election day should count, until it shouldn't count. I'm old enough to remember the 2000 election, when GOP said every vote must be counted.
Republicans challenge one Pennsylvania county's process for handling some absentee ballots

Shortly after polls opened on Election Day, Republicans in Pennsylvania filed a fresh new lawsuit in federal court challenging the Montgomery County officials' process for handling absentee ballots that arrived before Nov. 3.

The plaintiffs had previewed their concerns in a letter earlier this week, and they are now asking for a court order to stop alleged "pre-canvassing" of these ballots before 7 a.m. local time and stop contacting anyone whose mail-in ballot contains a perceived defect to change their ballot.

They want any ballots changed set aside. However, the number of ballots affected could be quite narrow since the complaint only identifies roughly 1,200 votes that might be defective. As of this morning, roughly 223,000 absentee ballots had been cast in Montgomery County.

Notably, the county, which is just outside Philadelphia, leans Democratic. Clinton won the county in 2016 by 58.9% to 37.4%.

In response, a Montgomery County spokesperson told CNN's Scott Glover:

The letter from the Montgomery County Republican Committee to Secretary Boockvar is a blatant mischaracterization of our procedures around allowing voters to remedy potential deficiencies with their ballots. The PA Supreme Court’s decision regarding this practice stated it is not a requirement to provide notice and the opportunity to cure ballots, but did not prohibit it. Our process in no way takes the place of the procedures that are followed as part of the canvass of ballots, and at no point prior to canvass is a determination made on whether a ballot will or will not be accepted. We believe in doing whatever we can to afford those who have legally requested and returned a ballot a fair opportunity to have their vote count.
The hearing was scheduled for tomorrow, which could have seen a court ruling. Republicans withdraw the lawsuit.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Bubba wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 15:21 Someone I know has written on Facebook that she's opened a "Parler account where content isn't censored. Videos of 'select' poll workers actually committing fraud can be seen! Facebook and YouTube are blocking them - SHOCKING what's happening and it's rampant." I had to go look up what Parler is as I'd never heard of it.
Did you ask the someone how she verified the authenticity of the information found there?
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Nikoli wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 16:22
Did you ask the someone how she verified the authenticity of the information found there?
It's pointless to debate issues like that. People believe what they want to believe.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Bubba wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 16:50
Nikoli wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 16:22
It's pointless to debate issues like that. People believe what they want to believe.
I just figured the response would make one laugh. I would expect something like "Because it's posted on the internet!" At which point, I would just laugh.
-Christopher Columbus
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The President's speech - how embarrassing. The counting isn't even finished and he's claiming fraud. Where's the evidence?

This is so dangerous. He is sowing seeds of discord that could lead to violence. This is an attack against our most basic ideals of a democratic republic. He is trying to delegitimize a legitimate election. All you Trump supporters, how can you continue to support him after something like this? Are your tax cuts and your Supreme Court justices worth this?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

It’s unbelievable! Where is the rest of the party leadership? There has to be someone with a spine left!
-Christopher Columbus
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Georgia Trump lead down to 3500 votes. Might get an AP call tonight. If so, Joe should claim victory tonight.

He has far too much class, but it would be great for Biden to troll Trump and say, "For the good of the country, Donald should concede tonight. But he looked a little sleepy. Perhaps he's in bed. "
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

The silence from Senate and House Republicans is downright scary.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

They want us to believe “mob rule” will come with Biden, but just today:

Trump: Don't count the votes
Trump Jr: "Go to total war"
Bannon: Behead Fauci
Gorka: Storm the vote counting operations