2020 Election

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

2020 Election

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

This is incredible and unprecedented turnout.
Texas just surpassed 95% of its 2016 total votes cast w/ two days of early voting & Election Day left to go.
Something tells me those that didn't vote in 2016 aren't voting for Trump. Does Texas go blue? It last went blue for Carter nearly 50 years ago.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: 2020 Election

Post by easyrider16 »

In theory, high voter turnout benefits the challenger rather than the incumbent, doesn't it? Well, if Trump loses, I really hope it's by an overwhelming majority because then we won't have to deal with the months of lawsuits over alleged voter fraud. If it's a close call we're in for a pretty rocky few months. Trump is well known for his propensity for litigation and he's not exactly graceful in defeat.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Trump in PA today talking about PA Governor Wolf. Incredible.
We're all watching you, governor. We have a lot of eyes on the governor and his friends. A couple of other governors out there too.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1323 ... 43044?s=20
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Shocker

More dog whistling
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Oct 29th, '20, 14:46 In theory, high voter turnout benefits the challenger rather than the incumbent, doesn't it? Well, if Trump loses, I really hope it's by an overwhelming majority because then we won't have to deal with the months of lawsuits over alleged voter fraud. If it's a close call we're in for a pretty rocky few months. Trump is well known for his propensity for litigation and he's not exactly graceful in defeat.
I'd expect it will be close and it will take months to determine a winner regardless of who wins.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

daytripper wrote: Nov 2nd, '20, 22:17
easyrider16 wrote: Oct 29th, '20, 14:46 In theory, high voter turnout benefits the challenger rather than the incumbent, doesn't it? Well, if Trump loses, I really hope it's by an overwhelming majority because then we won't have to deal with the months of lawsuits over alleged voter fraud. If it's a close call we're in for a pretty rocky few months. Trump is well known for his propensity for litigation and he's not exactly graceful in defeat.
I'd expect it will be close and it will take months to determine a winner regardless of who wins.
If Texas goes blue it’s over. Dixville Notch all vote Biden. It went Clinton 4, Trump 2, Johnson 1 in 2016. Last unanimous in 1960. Setting the stage for the day?

He will still sue, but it won’t matter if TX is blue. $02
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

I’ll just be glad to be rid of all the political ads onTV!!!!!
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

...................................................................................
Attachments
erectionday.jpg
erectionday.jpg (13.7 KiB) Viewed 197578 times
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Seeds are being planted ... Republicans in Montgomery County PA are against notifying voters there's something wrong with their mail-in ballot. Every vote cast up to and including on election day should count, until it shouldn't count. I'm old enough to remember the 2000 election, when GOP said every vote must be counted.
Republicans challenge one Pennsylvania county's process for handling some absentee ballots

Shortly after polls opened on Election Day, Republicans in Pennsylvania filed a fresh new lawsuit in federal court challenging the Montgomery County officials' process for handling absentee ballots that arrived before Nov. 3.

The plaintiffs had previewed their concerns in a letter earlier this week, and they are now asking for a court order to stop alleged "pre-canvassing" of these ballots before 7 a.m. local time and stop contacting anyone whose mail-in ballot contains a perceived defect to change their ballot.

They want any ballots changed set aside. However, the number of ballots affected could be quite narrow since the complaint only identifies roughly 1,200 votes that might be defective. As of this morning, roughly 223,000 absentee ballots had been cast in Montgomery County.

Notably, the county, which is just outside Philadelphia, leans Democratic. Clinton won the county in 2016 by 58.9% to 37.4%.

In response, a Montgomery County spokesperson told CNN's Scott Glover:

The letter from the Montgomery County Republican Committee to Secretary Boockvar is a blatant mischaracterization of our procedures around allowing voters to remedy potential deficiencies with their ballots. The PA Supreme Court’s decision regarding this practice stated it is not a requirement to provide notice and the opportunity to cure ballots, but did not prohibit it. Our process in no way takes the place of the procedures that are followed as part of the canvass of ballots, and at no point prior to canvass is a determination made on whether a ballot will or will not be accepted. We believe in doing whatever we can to afford those who have legally requested and returned a ballot a fair opportunity to have their vote count.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

I just came home from my local precinct here in Massachusetts. I saw less people than I did at the primary as so many voted early or by mail. The process in my city is to salt in the mail/early ballots at each precinct. The city collated the mail in ballots whose envelope met the spec. The poll workers at the precinct are opening the inner envelopes, and stacking the ballots face up, and working them back and forth to "iron out" the folds so the new tabulating machines will count them OK. These new machines are much more sensitive, and if too much of a fold is left, the ballot rejects. As its light on traffic, they seem to be able to process many of these in between voters. Will be interested to see if all are counted in the morning. City has a total of 53,000 residents, so we have some 35-40,000 voters.

As to my ballot, I kind of shook my hear at the number of state offices with only one person running. All Federal's had a Republican. Of those that did, I voted for the Republican in all but one case. I did a write in on that one.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Here's my 2c :
Trump shithead.jpg
Trump shithead.jpg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 197546 times
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Vermont and Virginia go to Biden with Trump taking Kentucky. Voted early myself for the first time ever. Took my 90 year old Mom to vote today were I was offered a second ballot. Declined the chance to add another Trump vote to the tally.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Pretty outrageous and dangerous in the current atmosphere that Trump is already claiming he won and threatening to sue to stop counting ballots before the votes are all even counted. Hope this doesn't lead to violence or another attempted governor kidnapping.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 4th, '20, 05:54 Pretty outrageous and dangerous in the current atmosphere that Trump is already claiming he won and threatening to sue to stop counting ballots before the votes are all even counted. Hope this doesn't lead to violence or another attempted governor kidnapping.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
PA GOP didn’t want to allow counting of mail in ballots before Election Day. Now Trump and the GOP want to say these votes don’t count? Ugh.