XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: 2020 Election

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 13:45
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 13:44
Bubba wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 13:35
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 11:22
Bubba wrote: Nov 4th, '22, 10:00we came down to NYC for a few days just to get a break. :wink:
Hope you got down to Stone St and got some pizza from Adrienne's
Already left and now in Atlantic City for a show tonight.
Don't have any AC recommendations for you, but always enjoy some poker down at Borgata!
That’s where we are. Seeing Sebastian Maniscalco tonight then heading back north tomorrow.
Enjoy ... hope he's got some good jokes for ya!
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 3rd, '22, 18:06 Need more ads everywhere calling out the idiot Bolduc

This gullible Republican:

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Pinkerto ... m-48660465

Was fooled by this guy:

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/ ... c7Mq0bgpiQ

Any litter box posts from throbster? I'd be surprised if there wasn't
This stuff is just crazy. It’s difficult to understand if these candidates actually believe this stuff, or if it is something they flirt with because it somehow plays well with a portion of their base. Either way it disqualifies them from being a legitimate candidate.

It’s hard to believe that this guy and Chris Sununu are listed in the same party on the same ballot. (As favorably as I view Sununu, I question his wisdom in supporting this guy.)
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I'm very disappointed that Sununu is still supporting Bolduc. He was questioned over it because of Bolduc believing the big lie. Sununu said he didn't like it, but he's not a one issue voter.

That's fair

But supporting a guy that was dumb enough to believe school children were using litter boxes in school????

Come on!!! It's hard to believe someone that gullible and stupid was a general and now a Senate candidate. Today's GOP for you
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 5th, '22, 08:00 I'm very disappointed that Sununu is still supporting Bolduc. He was questioned over it because of Bolduc believing the big lie. Sununu said he didn't like it, but he's not a one issue voter.

That's fair

But supporting a guy that was dumb enough to believe school children were using litter boxes in school????

Come on!!! It's hard to believe someone that gullible and stupid was a general and now a Senate candidate. Today's GOP for you
I’m not a single issue voter either, but some single things are also disqualifying. To me if someone was a purveyor of “election was stolen” lies that is disqualifying. Someone claiming the whole whacko litter box in school thing is absolutely 100% disqualifying… that’s a simple sign that someone does not have enough intelligence to sort out what is real and what is fake. Crazy that an army general can be that dumb.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Low Rider wrote: Nov 5th, '22, 11:42… that’s a simple sign that someone does not have enough intelligence to sort out what is real and what is fake. Crazy that an army general can be that dumb.
They know exactly what they’re doing. They’re not stupid. This is the problem.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Low Rider wrote: Nov 5th, '22, 11:42 I’m not a single issue voter either, but some single things are also disqualifying. To me if someone was a purveyor of “election was stolen” lies that is disqualifying. Someone claiming the whole whacko litter box in school thing is absolutely 100% disqualifying… that’s a simple sign that someone does not have enough intelligence to sort out what is real and what is fake. Crazy that an army general can be that dumb.
This is the trouble with a two-party system. The sides get polarized and you end up with only two choices, both bad. At least if we had 3 or 4 parties we could choose between 3 or 4 bad candidates.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 06:42
Low Rider wrote: Nov 5th, '22, 11:42 I’m not a single issue voter either, but some single things are also disqualifying. To me if someone was a purveyor of “election was stolen” lies that is disqualifying. Someone claiming the whole whacko litter box in school thing is absolutely 100% disqualifying… that’s a simple sign that someone does not have enough intelligence to sort out what is real and what is fake. Crazy that an army general can be that dumb.
This is the trouble with a two-party system. The sides get polarized and you end up with only two choices, both bad. At least if we had 3 or 4 parties we could choose between 3 or 4 bad candidates.
Yes and no. It sometimes seems like that, but in this case, I don't think it is fair to say that Marua Healey is a bad candidate. You may view her as "bad" if you don't agree with a majority of her positions but there is nothing inherently bad about her as a candidate.

I think Diehl is a bad candidate because I don't think a good candidate will involve himself in conspiracy theories etc.

Had Doughty won, there would have been two good candidates, and then you could pick the one who you agreed with more on issues.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

You're right, Healey seems like a person of integrity, while Diehl does not. I'm not in line with all her policy positions and would like an actual alternative choice. But I, too, can't bring myself to vote for someone who voiced support for nonsensical, damaging conspiracy theories.

For all the b!tching about Massachusetts being a liberal state (and believe me, I can b!tch), we've actually got it pretty good here. Low unemployment, good jobs, access to good health care, a state government reasonably well run compared to others, etc. But it would be nice to have more choices available for public office.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 08:58 You're right, Healey seems like a person of integrity, while Diehl does not. I'm not in line with all her policy positions and would like an actual alternative choice. But I, too, can't bring myself to vote for someone who voiced support for nonsensical, damaging conspiracy theories.

For all the b!tching about Massachusetts being a liberal state (and believe me, I can b!tch), we've actually got it pretty good here. Low unemployment, good jobs, access to good health care, a state government reasonably well run compared to others, etc. But it would be nice to have more choices available for public office.
Agree - and I would add that generally Massachusetts has done well with their republican nominees for governor (not this time around). Baker, Romney, Weld. I don't think Celucchi ever went through a primary, but I would list him as a "good" candidate as well.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Speaking of election deniers being a disqualifier for office, Liz Cheney is actually campaigning for some Democrats.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... -rcna55957
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

More 2020 voter fraud. Of course, if the Republicans can do it, the Democrats must be doing it even more in order to win. :roll:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 1c1a150036
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Can't make this stuff up ...

Driven by Election Deniers, This County Recounted 2020 Votes Last Week
https://news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-202 ... xYB6rpuWuR
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. — On the 797th day after the defeat of former President Donald Trump, a rural Pennsylvania county on Monday began a recount of ballots from Election Day 2020.

Under pressure from conspiracy theorists and election deniers, 28 employees of Lycoming County counted — by hand — nearly 60,000 ballots. It took three days and an estimated 560 work hours, as the vote-counters ticked through paper ballots at long rows of tables in the county elections department in Williamsport, a place used to a different sort of nail-biter as the home of the Little League World Series.

The results of Lycoming County’s hand recount — like earlier recounts of the 2020 election in Wisconsin, Georgia and Arizona — revealed no evidence of fraud. The numbers reported more than two years ago were nearly identical to the numbers reported Thursday.

Trump ended up with seven fewer votes than were recorded on voting machines in 2020. Joe Biden had 15 fewer votes. Overall, Trump gained eight votes against his rival. The former president, who easily carried deep-red Lycoming County in 2020, carried it once again with 69.98% of the vote — gaining one one-hundredth of a point in the recount.

Did that quell the doubts of election deniers, who had circulated a petition claiming there was a likelihood of “rampant fraud” in Lycoming in 2020?

It did not.

“This is just one piece of the puzzle,” said Karen DiSalvo, a lawyer who helped lead the recount push and who is a local volunteer for the far-right group Audit the Vote PA. “We’re not done.”

Forrest Lehman, the county director of elections, oversaw the recount but opposed it as a needless bonfire of time, money and common sense. He sighed in his office Friday.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

You really can't make this sh!t up.
Spurred by misinformation and false claims about the billionaire philanthropist George Soros, the state of Alabama's top elections official this week announced he was pulling out of a group that helps prevent voter fraud [ERIC], despite himself claiming the last presidential election was marred by it.

Since 2020, conspiracy theorists who maintain that the vote was rigged against former President Donald Trump have shifted from villain to villain, singling out everything from the makers of voting machines to the state of Italy. The Electronic Registration Information Center, or ERIC, is the latest target.

Founded in 2012, ERIC began as a collaboration by election officials in seven states, four of them Republican. It collects data from motor vehicle departments and voter rolls from its members — now more than 30, including several deeply red states — and, among other things, identify individuals who may be registered to vote in more than one state.

In 2022, ERIC helped members uncover more than 203,000 duplicate entries for potential voters and remove more than 65,000 deceased persons from their rolls, according to statistics released by the organization.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA16xwMI

Truly, the GOP is positioning itself as champion of the idiocracy.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

4 more Oath Keepers found guilty of seditious conspiracy tied to Jan. 6 attack
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/2 ... 6-00079083
Four members of the far-right Oath Keepers were found guilty on Monday of attempting to derail the transfer of power from President Donald Trump to Joe Biden on Jan. 6, 2021.

A jury found that the four men — Roberto Minuta, David Moerschel, Joseph Hackett and Ed Vallejo — joined a conspiracy with other Oath Keepers to forcibly prevent Biden from taking office.

It’s the second trial of Oath Keepers leaders to result in seditious conspiracy convictions stemming from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. The group’s founder, Stewart Rhodes, and ally Kelly Meggs were convicted of the rare charge in November, while three others were acquitted of seditious conspiracy but convicted of other felony offenses.

Seditious conspiracy, which requires prosecutors to prove that defendants planned to forcibly prevent the execution of a U.S. law, is the gravest charge to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack. The government has secured 10 convictions for seditious conspiracy since last year, including three other Oath Keepers and a member of the far-right Proud Boys who pleaded guilty to the charge. Five Proud Boys leaders, including the group’s national chair Enrique Tarrio, are currently on trial on seditious conspiracy charges, as well.

Prosecutors say the Oath Keepers began planning to derail the transfer of power shortly after Biden was projected to be the winner of the 2020 election. Though Rhodes and other members of the group said they merely came to Washington to act as security details for speakers at Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally, members of the group later joined the mob breaching the Capitol building.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 08:30 The level at which you Trump supporters are able to deny reality is astonishing. All of the evidence suggests there was no political bias at the FBI -Durham was able to find nothing after THREE YEARS, the IG investigation found no political bias, and there's been zero evidence to support your deep state theory. Yet none of that matters to you.

How do you not understand that you've been lied to? Trump lied, the right-wing media lied.. it's all lies. What will it take to snap you out of it?
Turns out Durham did find something after all …

How Barr’s Quest to Find Flaws in the Russia Inquiry Unraveled

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/us/p ... fyMd_zLZ7w
The review by John Durham at one point veered into a criminal investigation related to Donald Trump himself, even as it failed to find wrongdoing in the origins of the Russia inquiry.