State Ski Area Guidance

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mistergiff
Black Carver

State Ski Area Guidance

Post by Mistergiff »

https://accd.vermont.gov/sites/accdnew/ ... -11-03.pdf

The way I read this is that the resorts are going to be required to enforce the travel restrictions. This should effectively kill anyone's ability to make money this year if "The Map" stays as is. Mask up and skip Thanksgiving folks! If we're vigilant, maybe "The Map" will improve.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: State Ski Area Guidance

Post by Bubba »

Here’s the Cliff Notes version. WCAX boiled it down a bit.

https://www.wcax.com/2020/11/03/vermont ... ction-day/
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mistergiff
Black Carver

Post by Mistergiff »

Bubba wrote: Nov 3rd, '20, 14:28 Here’s the Cliff Notes version. WCAX boiled it down a bit.

https://www.wcax.com/2020/11/03/vermont ... ction-day/
Thanks, that's a much easier read. Here comes the wave of pass cancelations though.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Season effectively cancelled for all destination resorts. They will not survive with no out of state visitors.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

I guess if one is recovering from back surgery, this is a good winter to be doing it. If I DO get out on skis, it will not be until February at least, and I will most likely ski small areas until I rebuild some core and leg strength. Hope its all good for next year as I will have some catching up to do!
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

No thanks, I've done plenty of skiing in my life, see you next year. Have a couple of comp ticks that I'll use on a quiet mid-week day but other than that I'll stick to the sled this year. Feel bad for the resorts and associated businesses, tough enough business as it is.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

It seems that Killington has already implemented these measures. What's different?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

Every pass holder and ticket buyer must be notified of travel restrictions and they must agree that they will abide by them. The state wants this to happen every time a reservation is made or ticket is purchased.
A_GUY
Beginner On Rentals

Post by A_GUY »

throbster wrote: Nov 3rd, '20, 16:11 It seems that Killington has already implemented these measures. What's different?
Seems like the one difference I read is around gondola capacity. Killington has stated 50% capacity, but there’s no way they’re big enough for a 6 ft. buffer.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Same as it been all summer....
Where is Happy Hour ?
Knut
Bumper

Post by Knut »

What a mess...
Resorts must collect the name, phone number, and email address in an electronic format of all people using the resort each day, and retain the list for 30 days for the purposes of contact tracing. This list must include all guests using the resort, including season pass holders. Whenever possible, the resort should include the guest’s physical address.
• Resorts must require guests to attest that the guest will be in compliance with the state’s travel and quarantine policies when they use the resort either at the point of sale of a ticket or season pass OR when collecting contact tracing information. Resorts must be able to demonstrate to state authorities that each guest completed an attestation. Attestations must include a warning that failure to comply with the state’s travel and quarantine policy may result in the loss of future skiing and riding privileges.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Knut wrote: Nov 3rd, '20, 18:51 What a mess...
Resorts must collect the name, phone number, and email address in an electronic format of all people using the resort each day, and retain the list for 30 days for the purposes of contact tracing. This list must include all guests using the resort, including season pass holders. Whenever possible, the resort should include the guest’s physical address.
• Resorts must require guests to attest that the guest will be in compliance with the state’s travel and quarantine policies when they use the resort either at the point of sale of a ticket or season pass OR when collecting contact tracing information. Resorts must be able to demonstrate to state authorities that each guest completed an attestation. Attestations must include a warning that failure to comply with the state’s travel and quarantine policy may result in the loss of future skiing and riding privileges.
K doesn't have to worry much about collecting info for possible tracing, their rfid system does it for them. Ski resorts without rfid may find that a bit more challenging.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Attestations must include a warning that failure to comply with the state’s travel and quarantine policy may result in the loss of future skiing and riding privileges.

I doubt a one time checkbox is going to get this done. This will need to be recorded for each date skied. I’m guessing you will be getting an email the night before to login and check the box.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Seems to me K already has our info when we buy a ticket or season pass, and the scanners can tell them who was there on any given day. Doesn't seem like it would be much of an issue for them to track this stuff.

Just read the regs about the attestation. I believe it says you need to attest when you buy the season pass or day ticket, not each visit.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

With only 4 counties in VT with less than 400 cases per million, most Vermonters should not be allowed to travel to Killington which is in Rutland county! Seems like a double standard.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22