Biden Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Biden Presidency

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: Jan 4th, '24, 08:49 Trump promised to bring manufacturing home from overseas... but Biden actually did it.

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/04/biden- ... ring-chips

Between this and oil, it seems like Biden is better at getting Trump's agenda through than Trump was.
Yes, but, but...Trump started it by talking about it.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

GOP falling into their own trap.

Moskowitz: Here is the subpoena to representative Scott Perry, who did not comply. Here is the subpoena to mark meadows who did not comply. Here is the subpoena to Jim Jordan who did not comply with a lawful subpoena.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1745106788012171706?s=20

Masterclass ...

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1745105191987249276?s=20
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Crime rates are dropping way down. I guess all those criminals must be afraid of the prospect of Trump coming back into office and cracking down!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/homicide-numb ... cans/story
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Jan 4th, '24, 08:49 Trump promised to bring manufacturing home from overseas... but Biden actually did it.

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/04/biden- ... ring-chips

Between this and oil, it seems like Biden is better at getting Trump's agenda through than Trump was.
Please see my post from 12/13, same situation.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Yeah, what was that post again? Something about you being gullible?
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

Biden is absolutely killing it tonight! :roll:
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

His stutter aside; that was probably one of the better SOTU speeches in recent memory.

every time he got heckled he grew strong and clapped back. Just great.

imagine getting owned by someone who is apparently senile and suffering from dementia?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Fancypants wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 22:21 Biden is absolutely killing it tonight! :roll:
You must’ve flipped over Katie Britt’s Republican response and Mike Johnson’s facial expressions. :roll: :lol:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

So this guy has dementia? Speech impediment, maybe. But dementia?

I thought his remarks on immigration were on point and compelling, and the GOP response on the same point was ridiculous by comparison. And WTF did they put the female GOP senator in a kitchen? Seems like pretty bad optics, there. I imagine it was a man's idea for trying to win female votes, but it kind of plays like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner as a birthday gift.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 9th, '24, 09:01 So this guy has dementia? Speech impediment, maybe. But dementia?

I thought his remarks on immigration were on point and compelling, and the GOP response on the same point was ridiculous by comparison. And WTF did they put the female GOP senator in a kitchen? Seems like pretty bad optics, there. I imagine it was a man's idea for trying to win female votes, but it kind of plays like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner as a birthday gift.
The same morons believing the dementia narrative are saying Joe was loaded up with drugs to make that speech.

And the same people who watch Trump ramble through his incoherent speeches lately think he's a smart man.

Bizarro world we live in
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Is that even possible, to give someone with dementia drugs to make them more coherent? If it is possible, why isn't that a regular treatment for everyone with dementia?

BTW Scarlett Johansson killed it on the SNL cold open.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

You'll have to ask our friends on the right what this miraculous temporary cure for dementia is. I'd travel to the end of the earth and back to get some for my mother.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

deadheadskier wrote: Mar 10th, '24, 08:28 You'll have to ask our friends on the right what this miraculous temporary cure for dementia is. I'd travel to the end of the earth and back to get some for my mother.
I’m sure it bears some similarity to the use of bleach to cure Covid.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Robert Hur, the special counsel who investigated Biden and produced a report calling into question his memory, is testifying before congress. His report, if you care to read it, is here:
https://www.justice.gov/storage/report- ... y-2024.pdf

Schiff did some pretty good cross examination of Hur, calling into question the language he chose referring to Biden as an elderly man with diminished faculties and a faulty memory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg7ReCWasH0

Interestingly, Hur was not that friendly to Trumpers - he testified that Biden didn't have the intent to improperly retain classified information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_JfQUqKJs

If people actually watch this, I don't think it does the GOP any favors. I figured the GOP was going to try to score points about Biden being cognitively impaired. Instead, they're trying to use it as a vehicle to absolve Trump, which it clearly does not. It's pretty clear that what Biden did here is a lot different than what Trump did.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Hur also resigned from from the DOJ yesterday.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit