Biden Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Biden Presidency

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Sep 28th, '23, 18:02
deadheadskier wrote: Sep 28th, '23, 16:37
Mister Moose wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 10:15 Never a good thing when the spaghetti chart with names and amounts comes out....
Hey Moose, if this was so compelling, why ...
Don't you find that...

Also, what are your thoughts ....
How about these statements ...

When this is all said in done, I think you'll wish you maybe left that spaghetti chart on whatever conservative antagonist blog you lifted it from.

I could be wrong. I certainly could be. But it's both quite telling and pretty amusing just how bad your party flailed today.
Sorry, I don't take well to homework assignments, especially with multiple reading assignments and multiple questions. I'm not up on whatever day's events you're referencing. The spaghetti chart was part reference to the VT EB5 chart, and where that led, and the intertwining that is becoming apparent with the Bidens. Does that make everyone of the other party a saint? Of course not. Does each party have their irreputable members and scandals? Of course. Carry on.

I think the "conservative antagonist blog" was Facebook.

And the "election day instead of election month" was a characterization, not meant to be a literal 24 hour day. Of course we should still have absentee ballots for people who are traveling or ill. I'm fine with an accommodation for someone who can't make it that day. What I'm saying is we should all vote in the same close time proximity, with secure ballots, and we all should vote on the same set of facts. When you stretch election day into a month or more, things happen and we do not vote on the same set of facts/events.
Your continued reference to “The Bidens” is itself an indication of your bias here. There has been no evidence of any criminal or impeachable offense by the President with only Hunter implicated and/or charged. The use of the plural “Bidens” by Republicans is done for a reason and you’ve obviously fallen for it hook, line and sinker. You’re too smart to be missing that so please stop playing like you’re just taking a wait and see approach.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

easyrider16 wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 06:42 I'd give a slight edge to the democrats right now, but only a slight edge. When they claim they would hold Biden accountable, on the whole, I don't believe them. Some would, and probably more than those on the other side. But if push came to shove, I think a solid majority of Democrats would not hold him accountable.

I think it's extremely rare that any political party would willingly remove one of their own members from high office. That's the problem with partisan politics in this country - parties act to protect party members. It's why I think we'd be better off with more than two parties.
Sure. We can speculate all we want on what happens when push comes to shove. They could let Biden walk, they could hang him in the town square.

But the facts remain that a question was asked yesterday, "Would you hold a convicted party leader accountable?" One side universally said yes, one said no.

That's a problem. Right now it is very clear that the Democrats have a greater commitment to the truth, justice and enforcing the rule of law as they were voted to do in office. It's not close. There is a clear difference in not just their politics, but their morality.

And ultimately my issues with where the Republican party has gone is not so much their politics, but their morality. And they have the gall to try and sell themselves as the party of "family values."

Moose, GIS, FancyPants and others; clean up your party. Vote for more moderate and truthful candidates. Support the Charlie Bakers, Larry Hogans and Chris Sununu's. These types of "RINOs" are by far your best leaders and closer to true conservatives than the Trump's, Jordans, Gaetz, Greens, Corners, Boeberts, McCarthys etc.

Your party is an absolute disgrace in 2023. Don't give me the AOC, Omar and Tlaib commentary. They are no where near as radical and conspiracy driven as what is going on with the GOP. They're less radical, have less influence and there are far fewer of them. Enough
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 08:55
Mister Moose wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 10:15 Never a good thing when the spaghetti chart with names and amounts comes out....
Don't you find that...

When this is all said in done, I think you'll wish you maybe left that spaghetti chart on whatever conservative antagonist blog you lifted it from.

I could be wrong. I certainly could be. But it's both quite telling and pretty amusing just how bad your party flailed today.
Sorry, I don't take well to homework assignments, especially with multiple reading assignments and multiple questions. I'm not up on whatever day's events you're referencing. The spaghetti chart was part reference to the VT EB5 chart, and where that led, and the intertwining that is becoming apparent with the Bidens. Does that make everyone of the other party a saint? Of course not. Does each party have their irreputable members and scandals? Of course. Carry on.

And the "election day instead of election month" was a characterization, not meant to be a literal 24 hour day. Of course we should still have absentee ballots for people who are traveling or ill. I'm fine with an accommodation for someone who can't make it that day. What I'm saying is we should all vote in the same close time proximity, with secure ballots, and we all should vote on the same set of facts. When you stretch election day into a month or more, things happen and we do not vote on the same set of facts/events.
Your continued reference to “The Bidens” is itself an indication of your bias here. There has been no evidence of any criminal or impeachable offense by the President with only Hunter implicated and/or charged. The use of the plural “Bidens” by Republicans is done for a reason and you’ve obviously fallen for it hook, line and sinker. You’re too smart to be missing that so please stop playing like you’re just taking a wait and see approach.
Huh? Bias? Did I ever say I was left of center? OF COURSE I have bias in being right of center. Especially when center is defined as NBC/CBS/ABC.

Joe Biden has unexplained wealth on a Senate salary to a large degree.
Joe Biden has been referred to as "The big guy" and the person who got 10% of foreign cash payments to other Bidens.
Devon Archer, a business partner of the Bidens, has testified to Joe Biden's direct involvement.
Joe Biden has been documented to have sat in on several phone calls with Hunter while foreign business connections were on the line, "To talk about the weather"

And more. So yes, I incorporate that into my point of view. Don't you?

And yes, there are no convictions and the process isn't over, so of course I'm letting more facts come in. However to state "There has been no evidence of any criminal or impeachable offense by the President" is to either ignore reality or be significantly ill informed. You might want to say something like "there has not yet been sufficient evidence to warrant conviction in the Senate or a court of law"

But that's just me, as clearly I've fallen hook line and sinker.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Mister Moose wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 10:06
Don't you find that...

Huh? Bias? Did I ever say I was left of center? OF COURSE I have bias in being right of center. Especially when center is defined as NBC/CBS/ABC.

Joe Biden has been referred to as "The big guy" and the person who got 10% of foreign cash payments to other Bidens.
Devon Archer, a business partner of the Bidens, has testified to Joe Biden's direct involvement.
Joe Biden has been documented to have sat in on several phone calls with Hunter while foreign business connections were on the line, "To talk about the weather"

And yes, there are no convictions and the process isn't over, so of course I'm letting more facts come in. However to state "There has been no evidence of any criminal or impeachable offense by the President" is to either ignore reality or be significantly ill informed. You might want to say something like "there has not yet been sufficient evidence to warrant conviction in the Senate or a court of law"

I'll ask again, if you feel there is ample evidence of crimes and corruption by Biden; why was absolutely none of it presented at the inquiry yesterday? None. Zip. Nada

And you stating you are center right is the most comical thing I've read all week. Maybe you were in 2015, but not since. Not with the people you continue to support in 2023. Baker and Hogan are center right. Trump is not. Most of the center right politicians that are left (very few) are jumping ship BECAUSE the GOP has gone radically right.

What surprises me most the past several years with you is you are an intelligent person; at least you appear to be with your command of language. Doesn't it drive you nuts that Trump and other high ranking GOP officials communicate at an 8th grade level?

There's no greater sign of intelligence than communication skills. I'm part of the North American hiring committee at my company. I don't have the final say, but every person that gets passed in front of me? I give them a writing test in addition to my interview. They screw that up and they lose my hiring recommendation. In my experience, 90% of the people who fail at our business, do so because of one reason, poor communication skills. So, it absolutely drives me nuts the GOP is so full of illiterate leaders. And it drives me even more nuts that their voters think people like Trump, MTG etc. are somehow intelligent. Maybe it's their lack of education themselves.

But I digress

Again, don't you find it odd the GOP literally produced nothing compelling at all yesterday? Don't you wonder if maybe they're lying to you? Maybe it's your confirmation bias that blinds you.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Mister Moose wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 10:06 Joe Biden has unexplained wealth on a Senate salary to a large degree.

I don't think any of this is evidence of a criminal or impeachable offense. I think it does merit suspicion and investigation. My problem now is, this has been suspected and investigated for years. What makes you think anything new is likely to come to light now? As I said earlier, Trump's administration had four years to dig into this. Why should I think that the inept members of Congress pursuing this investigation are going to stumble on something that the professionals at the DOJ missed?

Also, I think it's important to point out that much of Joe Biden's wealth was accumulated between 2016-2020 when he was not serving in office. The wealth is not unexplained - he claims it was mainly from book deals and speaking engagements. You might not believe that explanation, but as I said earlier, this does not seem qualitatively different from what happens with many U.S. politicians who leverage their connections for financial gain after leaving office.
source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatin ... cb7b8f1e42
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 10:06
Don't you find that...

What does being right of center have to do with the truth?

Devon Archer said nothing of the kind.

https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden ... c51e693c9c
Archer said Hunter Biden was using the “illusion of access” in Washington.

Republicans on the panel hope to use their work to prod impeachment proceedings against the president. However, though pressed repeatedly, Archer offered no tangible evidence that Joe Biden’s role in his son’s work was more than saying hello during their daily family calls.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 16:30 What does being right of center have to do with the truth?

Republicans on the panel hope to use their work to prod impeachment proceedings against the president. However, though pressed repeatedly, Archer offered no tangible evidence that Joe Biden’s role in his son’s work was more than saying hello during their daily family calls.
Apologies, I didn't thoroughly fact check before posting, and I incorrectly attributed the "Big Guy" quote to Archer, when it was Bobulinski.

Tony Bobulinski, listed as one of the recipients of an email detailing an apparent business deal between a Chinese company and Hunter Biden, said that the message is "genuine" and that “the big guy” mentioned is a reference to Hunter’s father, former Vice President and 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -joe-biden

Furthermore:

There is mounting evidence that Joe Biden was involved in his family’s influence peddling schemes, including while he served as Vice President. However, Democrats and their corporate media allies continue to ignore this overwhelming evidence as they seek to distract the American people from the Biden family’s corruption. Below are over 20 examples of Joe Biden’s involvement.

2) Devon Archer alone was aware of at least 20 times in which then-Vice President Biden spoke on speakerphone with Hunter Biden’s foreign business associates.

9) In May 2017, James Gilliar, a Biden family associate, emailed Hunter Biden and other associates to formalize how they would divide the profit from their deal with CEFC, a Chinese Communist Party linked energy company. Gilliar indicated Joe Biden would receive 10 percent, which has been confirmed by former Biden family associate, Tony Bobulinski.

10) On May 20, 2017, James Gilliar told Tony Bobulinksi, another business associate, “Don’t mention Joe being involved, it’s only when u are face to face[.] I know u know that but they are paranoid[.]”
(Photo of text message follows)

11) In a September 21, 2017, email, Hunter Biden wrote that Joe Biden is his business partner and provided Joe Biden’s personal cell phone if the recipient seeks confirmation. Emails also show that Hunter Biden, CEFC officials, and Joe Biden would share offices under the Hudson West/CEFC/Biden Foundation name.

https://oversight.house.gov/blog/eviden ... g-schemes/

It goes on....

So again, While I haven't seen these claims flushed out in proper evidentiary proceedings, to state there is no evidence ignores the statements, texts and emails made to date by Hunter Biden's business associates and his own laptop.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 10:39
I'll ask again, if you feel there is ample evidence of crimes and corruption by Biden; why was absolutely none of it presented at the inquiry yesterday? None. Zip. Nada [1]

And you stating you are center right is the most comical thing I've read all week. Maybe you were in 2015, but not since. Not with the people you continue to support in 2023. Baker and Hogan are center right. Trump is not. Most of the center right politicians that are left (very few) are jumping ship BECAUSE the GOP has gone radically right. [2]

What surprises me most the past several years with you is you are an intelligent person; at least you appear to be with your command of language. Doesn't it drive you nuts that Trump and other high ranking GOP officials communicate at an 8th grade level? [3]
[1] I don't know why the inquiry was held in the manner it was.

[2] For the record, I said I was right of center, not center right. I don't have a distance right of center calculator that I refer to. And not surprisingly it depends on the issue. For the most part I don't consider Trump to be on the scale. He is so different on some issues he doesn't fit traditional pigeon holes. (He advocates getting out of Ukraine by settlement/compromise, he spent lavishly in his last year in office, not Republican stances.) So whenever I either agree or disagree with Trump, I don't see that as (necessarily) being further left or right. Add a third axis to the political diagram. I would characterize Trump running on the R side as a convenience for him, as a third party run is political death. He confounds much of the right as well, in case you missed it. The biggest thing the right loves him for (IMHO) is the SCOTUS appointments.

[3] Yes. I mean I still get up, put on skis and don't think about Trump, you, or Washington in general, but much of what Trump does and says is a forehead slapper. Yet I have also seen him to be thoughtful, articulate, concise.

How do you explain your 8th grade outbursts vs the coherent post above? Perhaps you and Trump are closer than you think.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 21:36
Bubba wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 16:30 What does being right of center have to do with the truth?

Apologies, I didn't thoroughly fact check before posting, and I incorrectly attributed the "Big Guy" quote to Archer, when it was Bobulinski.

Tony Bobulinski, listed as one of the recipients of an email detailing an apparent business deal between a Chinese company and Hunter Biden, said that the message is "genuine" and that “the big guy” mentioned is a reference to Hunter’s father, former Vice President and 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -joe-biden

Furthermore:

There is mounting evidence that Joe Biden was involved in his family’s influence peddling schemes, including while he served as Vice President. However, Democrats and their corporate media allies continue to ignore this overwhelming evidence as they seek to distract the American people from the Biden family’s corruption. Below are over 20 examples of Joe Biden’s involvement.

2) Devon Archer alone was aware of at least 20 times in which then-Vice President Biden spoke on speakerphone with Hunter Biden’s foreign business associates.

9) In May 2017, James Gilliar, a Biden family associate, emailed Hunter Biden and other associates to formalize how they would divide the profit from their deal with CEFC, a Chinese Communist Party linked energy company. Gilliar indicated Joe Biden would receive 10 percent, which has been confirmed by former Biden family associate, Tony Bobulinski.

10) On May 20, 2017, James Gilliar told Tony Bobulinksi, another business associate, “Don’t mention Joe being involved, it’s only when u are face to face[.] I know u know that but they are paranoid[.]”
(Photo of text message follows)

11) In a September 21, 2017, email, Hunter Biden wrote that Joe Biden is his business partner and provided Joe Biden’s personal cell phone if the recipient seeks confirmation. Emails also show that Hunter Biden, CEFC officials, and Joe Biden would share offices under the Hudson West/CEFC/Biden Foundation name.

https://oversight.house.gov/blog/eviden ... g-schemes/

It goes on....

So again, While I haven't seen these claims flushed out in proper evidentiary proceedings, to state there is no evidence ignores the statements, texts and emails made to date by Hunter Biden's business associates and his own laptop.
Hmmm…once again you cite Archer. Then you cite 2017 when Biden was a private citizen. Keep that evidence coming….

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Mister Moose wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 22:07
I'll ask again, if you feel there is ample evidence of crimes and corruption by Biden; why was absolutely none of it presented at the inquiry yesterday? None. Zip. Nada [1]

And you stating you are center right is the most comical thing I've read all week. Maybe you were in 2015, but not since. Not with the people you continue to support in 2023. Baker and Hogan are center right. Trump is not. Most of the center right politicians that are left (very few) are jumping ship BECAUSE the GOP has gone radically right. [2]

What surprises me most the past several years with you is you are an intelligent person; at least you appear to be with your command of language. Doesn't it drive you nuts that Trump and other high ranking GOP officials communicate at an 8th grade level? [3]

[2] For the record, I said I was right of center, not center right. I don't have a distance right of center calculator that I refer to. And not surprisingly it depends on the issue. For the most part I don't consider Trump to be on the scale. He is so different on some issues he doesn't fit traditional pigeon holes. (He advocates getting out of Ukraine by settlement/compromise, he spent lavishly in his last year in office, not Republican stances.) So whenever I either agree or disagree with Trump, I don't see that as (necessarily) being further left or right. Add a third axis to the political diagram. I would characterize Trump running on the R side as a convenience for him, as a third party run is political death. He confounds much of the right as well, in case you missed it. The biggest thing the right loves him for (IMHO) is the SCOTUS appointments.

[3] Yes. I mean I still get up, put on skis and don't think about Trump, you, or Washington in general, but much of what Trump does and says is a forehead slapper. Yet I have also seen him to be thoughtful, articulate, concise.

How do you explain your 8th grade outbursts vs the coherent post above? Perhaps you and Trump are closer than you think.
8th grade outbursts?

If you find my tone harsh with you, that is by design and something every remaining Trump supporter deserves. You and other remaining cultists deserve to be treated as poorly as the worst Americans that ever have lived.

F you for still supporting him after what he has done since the 2020 election. Absolutely no one should be supporting a former president who has shown himself to be the greatest threat to US democracy in our history. To do so demostrates that you value power more than you value our constitution and rule of law. Cultists like you have no values or morals; just like Trump.

Are we clear sir? There is no compromise to be had between you and I. It's not your different political opinions that makes this so. It's your morality for still supporting an enemy of the state. If Obama or Biden did what Trump has, Id be calling for them to be jailed for life. That's the difference between you and I. You give the worst and most unAmerican behavior a pass as long as the culprit is on your team.

And even if Trump wasn't the wannabe autocrat threat to America that he is. Where is your mind to think that Trump has the hiring and management skills to staff the executive branch like is needed in this country? Name the great hires and what they accomplished during his term? You know, "the best people." Maybe I'll give you Mike Pompei as somewhat decent. How many times does he have to fail in business and life before you realize that he is a charlatan and con man?

This really is a pointless conversation to even be having with a cultist. That's the thing about being in a cult. People who are in one don't realize it. That would be you and all of the remaining Trump supporting deplorables. Screw every last one of you.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

deadheadskier wrote: Oct 1st, '23, 10:11
Mister Moose wrote: Sep 29th, '23, 22:07

8th grade outbursts?

If you find my tone harsh with you, that is by design and something every remaining Trump supporter deserves. You and other remaining cultists deserve to be treated as poorly as the worst Americans that ever have lived.

F you for still supporting him after what he has done since the 2020 election. Absolutely no one should be supporting a former president who has shown himself to be the greatest threat to US democracy in our history. To do so demostrates that you value power more than you value our constitution and rule of law. Cultists like you have no values or morals; just like Trump.

Are we clear sir? There is no compromise to be had between you and I. It's not your different political opinions that makes this so. It's your morality for still supporting an enemy of the state. If Obama or Biden did what Trump has, Id be calling for them to be jailed for life. That's the difference between you and I. You give the worst and most unAmerican behavior a pass as long as the culprit is on your team.

And even if Trump wasn't the wannabe autocrat threat to America that he is. Where is your mind to think that Trump has the hiring and management skills to staff the executive branch like is needed in this country? Name the great hires and what they accomplished during his term? You know, "the best people." Maybe I'll give you Mike Pompei as somewhat decent. How many times does he have to fail in business and life before you realize that he is a charlatan and con man?

This really is a pointless conversation to even be having with a cultist. That's the thing about being in a cult. People who are in one don't realize it. That would be you and all of the remaining Trump supporting deplorables. Screw every last one of you.
I’d give him Gary Cohn and Steve Mnuchin as well as James Mattis and John Kelly. After that, meh or worse. And, notice, they all left after unusually short stints in the cabinet. They were followed by succeedingly worse appointees.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

So I guess biden isnt really in charge cause he says he is against the border walls that his administration is now going to be putting up. I guess I was wrong in thinking that the president had the final say in his administration.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Trump said he was gonna build them and have mexico pay for them and that didn't happen. Biden said that absolutely no more walls would be built while he was president and now they are building them!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

You're not putting the correct spin on this...

The headline should read, "Trump Gets Joe Biden to Build Wall and Pay for It"
ImageImageImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

daytripper wrote: Oct 6th, '23, 08:44 So I guess biden isnt really in charge cause he says he is against the border walls that his administration is now going to be putting up. I guess I was wrong in thinking that the president had the final say in his administration.
Biden administration hasn't changed policy on border walls, Mayorkas says
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/border-wal ... criticism/

From what I've read, Biden admin is legally obligated to use the money Congress allocated in 2019 for border barrier construction in south Texas for its intended purpose. Congress has the ability to reallocate the money, but hasn't.

We can put this at the very bottom of the list of things to be concerned about while the former guy is sharing national secrets with anyone that breaths.