Biden Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Biden Presidency

Post by daytripper »

I was just pointing out his hypocrisy, yes, trump did worse sh*t, I don't deny that, I don't understand why Biden should get a pass for everything because trump did worse sh*t. We don't have to compare everything biden does to what trump did.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

daytripper wrote: Oct 6th, '23, 12:57 I was just pointing out his hypocrisy, yes, trump did worse sh*t, I don't deny that, I don't understand why Biden should get a pass for everything because trump did worse sh*t. We don't have to compare everything biden does to what trump did.
I think the majority of folks don't really care about this, versus giving him a pass. He's eating his words, sure, but it's also a technicality. If he suddenly reverted to his old pro-life stance ... I suspect he wouldn't get a 'pass'.

Personally, I don't have issues with any POTUS changing their mind, but I don't think that's the case here. Maybe he could have punted this to the next guy to take care of?
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

daytripper wrote: Oct 6th, '23, 08:44 So I guess biden isnt really in charge cause he says he is against the border walls that his administration is now going to be putting up. I guess I was wrong in thinking that the president had the final say in his administration.
Actually I think this is the result of political pressure. U.S. citizens by and large don't like what they see at the border, and this is a very visible way to give them something. But I'm also betting these walls are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

The best way to solve the border crisis in the short term is to start letting more people in. We need workers. Unemployment is still at all-time lows and has been for a long time. This border crisis is an opportunity. I would work with Mexico and other countries in South America to create a refugee program that screens refugees and distributes them to various countries around South and Central America. If we agreed to take a substantial number of these, it'd probably get other countries on board, and we could use the process as a vehicle to screen people for criminal connections. Create a program at home like the H2B visa that allows companies to offer these people relatively low-wage jobs and grants them some type of permanent immigration status, but as resident aliens rather than citizenship.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

GOP rejects Hunter's offer to testify publicly. I wonder why?

Hunter Biden agrees to House Oversight Committee testimony
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter ... -testimony
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Does reality exist to the average person these days?

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

There's a serious economic literacy problem in the U.S. People don't understand inflation. People are stuck on the fact that prices are higher even though inflation is all but gone. They also don't understand that the President by himself has almost no control over it, and what we saw was largely a whipsaw from covid as well as the Covid spending perpetrated under the last two Presidents.

Similar thing on the oil issue - it's kind of hilarious that Trump is campaigning on "drill baby drill" because more drilling is happening under Biden than under his administration. But Biden is scared to point that out because the radical faction in his party is opposed to drilling. It's a good strategy for Trump mainly because most people seem ignorant of what's really happening, and Biden is afraid to educate them.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

So, if Biden were Trump, he'd be taking full credit for:

Record high market close
No further IR increases with potential for dropping them next year
Great unemployment numbers
Excellent GDP growth
Acceptable inflation
Great gas prices

He won't because unlike Trump, he knows that not only is he not the end all be all on the country's economic performance and health, but more importantly he knows his voters aren't damn fools like Trump cultists. They know he would be full of sh*t making such claims. Not Trump supporters though. If this was happening under Donny, they'd think he was fully responsible like a God.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 7th, '23, 08:50
Similar thing on the oil issue - it's kind of hilarious that Trump is campaigning on "drill baby drill" because more drilling is happening under Biden than under his administration. But Biden is scared to point that out because the radical faction in his party is opposed to drilling. It's a good strategy for Trump mainly because most people seem ignorant of what's really happening, and Biden is afraid to educate them.
Nice try! There is record drilling and production at present but it's not because of Joe Biden's policies, it's because of Trump's. Fossil fuel production is not an on/off switch, it takes time for policy to implement itself in the here and now.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Fancypants wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 22:31
Nice try! There is record drilling and production at present but it's not because of Joe Biden's policies, it's because of Trump's. Fossil fuel production is not an on/off switch, it takes time for policy to implement itself in the here and now.
Help me here. What policy of Trump has us a record production three years into the Biden administration?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Funny, I remember saying the same thing about Trump when all you Trumpers were talking about it. Truth is it's got nothing to do with either president. It's the free market at work. But like I said, most people seem ignorant of what's really happening.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Bubba wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 23:10
Help me here. What policy of Trump has us a record production three years into the Biden administration?
I imagine FancyPants has the information you requested filed next to all of his evidence of election fraud
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

deadheadskier wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 18:23
I imagine FancyPants has the information you requested filed next to all of his evidence of election fraud
Yes, correct! That would be in the truth file cabinet.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Fancypants wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 21:45
deadheadskier wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 18:23
Yes, correct! That would be in the truth file cabinet.
So then, perhaps you would like to answer the question?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

"Truth" means something different for Trumpers than the rest of us. To them, Truth means "the things we believe even though we have no evidence because Trump told us so."
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Trump promised to bring manufacturing home from overseas... but Biden actually did it.

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/04/biden- ... ring-chips

Between this and oil, it seems like Biden is better at getting Trump's agenda through than Trump was.