H.R.127

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

H.R.127

Post by ANGUS »

H.R.127 The gun taking is coming . This should be a good time. :like :Toast :barebutt: :banana:
brownman
Postinator

Re: H.R.127

Post by brownman »

.. will have absolutely no bearing on most .. :zzz
Randy Weaver out.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

The government executed a 14 year old and his dog. U.S. Marshal Larry Cooper killed Sam. F the government. Who kills a boy and his dog?? The left.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Um, that bill apparently isn't even close to becomming a law. This is just NRA fearmongering to try to get you to give them more money. Did it work?

Also interesting that you reference an incident form 1992. Nearly 30 years and they still haven't come for your guns. Yet you still fear it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 16th, '21, 19:37 Um, that bill apparently isn't even close to becomming a law. This is just NRA fearmongering to try to get you to give them more money. Did it work?

Also interesting that you reference an incident form 1992. Nearly 30 years and they still haven't come for your guns. Yet you still fear it.

I belong to the GOA. I don't believe in the NRA. My family will never forget. A child was executed by a US Marshal. I don't believe in violence. I will not have my 2A rights taken. H.R.127 is closer than you think. I am all for background checks and safety. This goes way too far. I could have been that 14 year old kid.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Oh. You get conned out of your money by the GOA, an even more nutty organization than the NRA. Color me surprised.

Was your dad wanted on a bench warrant and refused to surrender to the authorities?

ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

My dad was a police detective. He died when I was 5. No warrants for this family. My brother was shot dead by his tenant last September. He should have had a gun.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 16th, '21, 20:43 Oh. You get conned out of your money by the GOA, an even more nutty organization than the NRA. Color me surprised.

Was your dad wanted on a bench warrant and refused to surrender to the authorities?

My dad was a police detective. He died when I was 5. No warrants for this family. My brother was shot dead by his tenant last September. He should have had a gun.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

So then maybe you should do some background reading on what led to the ruby ridge incident you referenced.

I'm sorry your brother was shot, but I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread. He could have legally owned a gun if he wanted to. Was the tenant a legal gun owner? If so, that tends to cut against your pro-gun stance.

ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Fully aware of the Weavers and background. They were set up. As for my brothers murderer he did not legally own guns in MA. That is part of his charges. I'm done fighting.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

ANGUS wrote: Feb 16th, '21, 22:30 Fully aware of the Weavers and background. They were set up. As for my brothers murderer he did not legally own guns in MA. That is part of his charges. I'm done fighting.
MH? Barre, MA?
ImageImageImageImage
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I can get behind the background check and a training course and psychological eval, but to have to be 21 to own a gun? That I can't get behind and that will probably be the reason this bill will not pass. How can we put 18 year olds in the military and then tell them they can't have a gun when they come home?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Um, the same way we can have them drive tanks and shoot fully automatic weapons and then tell them they can't do that when they come home. I don't really see the problem with that one.

Don't worry, this bill isn't going anywhere. Even if they can get it through the house, McConnel has the votes to block it, and he likely will. Americans love their guns and the politicians aren't going to take them away and risk getting unelected.
Last edited by easyrider16 on Feb 17th, '21, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Personally, I'd be supportive of raising the minimum age for military service to age 21. Most 18 year olds lack the executive function development to make such a big decision at 18.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 17th, '21, 09:37 Um, the same way we can have them drive tanks and shoot fully automatic weapons and then tell them they can't do that when they come home. I don't really see the problem with that one.

Don't worry, this bill isn't going anywhere. Even if they can get it through the house, McConnel has the votes to block it, and he likely will. Americans love their guns and the politicians aren't going to take them away and risk getting unelected.
Ummm comparing shotguns to tanks is apples and oranges, and fyi, it is not illegal to own a tank and drive it on your property.