Texas electricity

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Texas electricity

Post by easyrider16 »

I think one can poke fun at a politician's inability to accomplish one of his major goals even though one does not support that goal. Kind of like how I can belittle the Giants when they fail to make the playoffs even though I don't actually want to see them make the playoffs. Oh I know, it's not Trump's fault, it's the Rinos and the Democrats who blocked him. Just like how the Giants would totally have won their division if it weren't for those other teams that got in the way.

That said, Bubba may have been referring to the fact that since Texas has trouble keeping their grid working, they might have trouble powering a big 'ol electric fence.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Mar 18th, '21, 13:24
Bubba wrote: Mar 15th, '21, 09:33 I have an idea. Let’s electrify the wall Trump built. Oh...wait.......
So you're saying you supported blocking wall funding, and now belittle that it isn't complete?

Or that now you've pivoted to supporting the wall?
Ummm...Mexico was going to pay for it.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Ex-ERCOT chief says he was following Abbott's direction when they ran up billions in bills during freeze
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine ... 941019.php
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Feb 23rd, '22, 15:47 Ex-ERCOT chief says he was following Abbott's direction when they ran up billions in bills during freeze
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine ... 941019.php
The biggest problem Texas has is the fact that ERCOT is a standalone entity, not part of the regional interconnected systems that exist everywhere else around the country. As a result, when they have a problem, they cannot draw power resources from neighboring states and utilities; all this to avoid any Federal regulation. Add to that the lack of planning and investment to protect against a severe problem as they experienced with weather and you have a recipe for the disaster that occurred. Whatever fault that lies with Abbott is only partly to blame for the prices incurred.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

It's about time

Texas regulators direct utilities to file emergency operations plans

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/texas- ... ity%20Dive

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Looks like more issues for Texas … 6 power plants went offline so ERCOT is asking folks to conserve power.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

ERCOT says grid is ready for summer, but extreme weather and generator outages could challenge reliability

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/ercot- ... ity%20Dive

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald