Can the Republican Party Be Saved?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Can the Republican Party Be Saved?

Post by daytripper »

Kinda sux for all the money the city of atlanta (which happens to be very blue) is going to lose from this. I don't agree with all in the new law but do agree 100% that you should need an ID to vote.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

i'd be fine with a ID requirment as long as everyone has equeal access to it
but how todo that is not so easy
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

skidogg wrote: Apr 3rd, '21, 08:03 i'd be fine with a ID requirment as long as everyone has equeal access to it
but how todo that is not so easy
Send every citizen a voter ID? Reissue IDs at no cost if ones lost? Require states to reissue within an allotted time?

Personally I think the ID requirement is unnecessary. We haven’t seen enough issues to require it.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Pretty much any official business I do requires an id. Voting seems pretty official, why doesn't it require an ID?
I need ID to buy beer/cigs/weed, get married, get a hotel room, drive a car, withdraw money from the bank, adopt a dog, get on a plane, get employment, buy a house, sh*t, most states require an id to collect welfare but you don't need one to vote?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

daytripper wrote: Apr 3rd, '21, 08:34 Pretty much any official business I do requires an id. Voting seems pretty official, why doesn't it require an ID?
I need ID to buy beer/cigs/weed, get married, get a hotel room, drive a car, withdraw money from the bank, adopt a dog, get on a plane, get employment, buy a house, sh*t, most states require an id to collect welfare but you don't need one to vote?
I think voter ID is a solution looking for a problem but, since one needs an ID for almost everything else, I don’t see it as a problem for voting either.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

sending everyone an ID would require knowing where everyone is kinda bigbrother like
fast is cool.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Opinion from former Congressman Charlie Dent

https://apple.news/AX73UsE0iSruwyCS5emVZUg

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

skidogg wrote: Apr 3rd, '21, 09:28 sending everyone an ID would require knowing where everyone is kinda bigbrother like
If everyone of voting age already has an ID needed for so much else, why do we need to send anyone an ID?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Apr 3rd, '21, 09:43
skidogg wrote: Apr 3rd, '21, 09:28 sending everyone an ID would require knowing where everyone is kinda bigbrother like
If everyone of voting age already has an ID needed for so much else, why do we need to send anyone an ID?
Think he was responding to my “send everyone an ID”. So long as there is an easy solution for those without an ID ... I’m okay with it, but as you said it’s a solution looking for a problem.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I don't understand why it is a problem to get an ID if you are here legally. If you are not here legally than you don't get to vote.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Apr 3rd, '21, 10:30
Bubba wrote: Apr 3rd, '21, 09:43
Think he was responding to my “send everyone an ID”. So long as there is an easy solution for those without an ID ... I’m okay with it, but as you said it’s a solution looking for a problem.
my thoughts on this are, there is next to no fraud as things are now
changes to voting laws, like gerrymandering, are unjust ways those in power try to ensure they stay in power
fast is cool.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

MLB moving the All Star game is easy..
They'd have a tough time moving the Masters :wink:

This suppression stuff is well beyond voter ID.
They lost the Senate .. and stand to lose much more.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

skidogg wrote: Apr 3rd, '21, 11:14
changes to voting laws, like gerrymandering, are unjust ways those in power try to ensure they stay in power
This.

The tidal wave is coming for the GOP and they’re doing everything they can to stop it. Graham said it best ... “If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it”
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Happy Easter! Haha
Attachments
EyFlcysWUAEIZuF.png
EyFlcysWUAEIZuF.png (114.61 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

$02 the big issue isn’t voter IDs, but how GA legislators now seemingly have the power to override county election officials ... possibly leading to override the will voters. This is what Trump was seeking in 2020 and now some states are making it possible.