Can the Republican Party Be Saved?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Can the Republican Party Be Saved?

Post by deadheadskier »

My only thought is Chris is still a young man and it's more so Chris over country than party of country. Maybe he feels this is what he needs to do if he wants to run for office again.

Contrast that with Charlie Baker who I don't ever see running for office again.
Maybe Charlie would do similar if he wasn't 67.
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Skid Mark »

deadheadskier wrote: Apr 26th, '24, 15:12 Seriously. If the dog isn't capable of hunting like you want, re-home it to a family who simply wants it as a pet.

What an absolute, heartless bitch
My understanding is that the dog bit people and killed several chickens or ducks. When I was a kid, my dog killed some ducks and the dog catcher came and took him away to be euthanized.

My issue with this story is that people are seriously worked up about Noem killing a dog, but view abortion as a birth control option. Priorities.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I heard the puppy killed some chickens, i mean she was trying to train it to be a bird hunting dog and then got upset when it killed some birds.....go figure. I haven't heard anything about it biting any people.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

My dog would go to town on a chicken coup and it would be the best day of his life.

The issue with Noem isn't so much that she killed the dog. It's that she didn't appear to feel bad about it, and almost sort of bragged about it. That lack of empathy for other living creatures is the hallmark of a sadist.

Oh, and almost nobody thinks of abortion as a birth control option. That's a lie sold by right-wing media. What pro-rights people believe is that the state should not be involved in intimate decisions of procreation, such as whether to terminate a pregnancy for medical reasons or obtain IVF treatments.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

If my dog bit someone and needed to be put down, I'd bring it to a vet to be put down like a normal person; not take it out back and shoot it.

And lol with comparing this to abortion. This is why everyone thinks you're a moron Throbster.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

deadheadskier wrote: May 1st, '24, 12:01 If my dog bit someone and needed to be put down, I'd bring it to a vet to be put down like a normal person; not take it out back and shoot it.

And lol with comparing this to abortion. This is why everyone thinks you're a moron Throbster.
Honestly, shooting the dog is no less humane than putting it down at the vet., it's just the optics of it. That would be the normal way of doing it on a farm or ranch. I've got no problem with the dog being shot if it had to be put down, the problem is did it have to be put down? Did it bite any people? I may have missed that but I haven't read that anywhere.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Make Ukraine Great Again.

Would have posted under political humor, but this is legit.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1785658032199983191
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The way JD Vance gets stuck in his own logic is almost uncomfortable to watch.

Agrees people that break the law should face consequences.

Goes on to say not everyone that broke the law on Jan 6 deserves consequences.

Continues by supporting Trump’s statement that he would pardon Jan 6ers.

Ends by saying there’s a double standard applied by DOJ.

HUH?

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1785839777926807593?s=46
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

The tail wagging the dog…. Politically speaking. No pun intended. That flushing sound?… was her political future doin a swirly. Buh bye
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

While I don't support illegal immigration into this country, Trump and Republicans are completely dishonest as expected in regards to how this "invasion" is ruining our country.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartande ... 82ebda6f86
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I've written this here before on numerous occasions, but immigration, both legal and illegal, is a boon to the economy. Always has been, always will be. It's not rocket science. A declining population means a declining economy - fewer consumers, fewer workers. A growing population contributes to a growing economy - more consumers, more workers.

Given our declining birth rate in the U.S., we need immigration just to maintain our population numbers. Unlike China, which is facing serious problems due to declining birth rates, in the U.S. we can easily solve the problem through immigration. Opposition to increased immigration is not logical - it is based in fear and ignorance.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: May 2nd, '24, 11:14 I've written this here before on numerous occasions, but immigration, both legal and illegal, is a boon to the economy. Always has been, always will be. It's not rocket science. A declining population means a declining economy - fewer consumers, fewer workers. A growing population contributes to a growing economy - more consumers, more workers.

Given our declining birth rate in the U.S., we need immigration just to maintain our population numbers. Unlike China, which is facing serious problems due to declining birth rates, in the U.S. we can easily solve the problem through immigration. Opposition to increased immigration is not logical - it is based in fear and ignorance.
Fear and ignorance are what have driven every anti-immigration bill in US history. You shouldn't be surprised.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Not surprised and not holding my breath for it to change in my lifetime. But I think it helps to acknowledge the truth.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: May 2nd, '24, 12:46 Not surprised and not holding my breath for it to change in my lifetime. But I think it helps to acknowledge the truth.
Some believe "alternative facts".
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Trump believes in immigration too - as long as the immigrants are white Northern Europeans or Eastern European hookers.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/